Photovoltaic garage roof project

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Photovoltaic garage roof project

by Macro » 09/09/22, 09:08

Hi all.

I have a garage whose roof section would be rather well oriented to accommodate photovoltaic panels...

The problem data:

Surface of the slope: 25 m² (expandable to 35 if I hack a bit by adding a 2m awning)
Roof slope (not modifiable) 45% or 24 degrees (not terrible)

The slope is not completely exposed due south but rather south west of about fifteen degrees...

If I cover everything with a panel, would someone be able to tell me the production that I can expect from the installation, for info, it is in the center of France 37 Indre et Loire...

What type of panels would be most suitable for such a configuration?
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Remundo

Re: Photovoltaic garage roof project

by Remundo » 09/09/22, 09:22

you try a simulation: https://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvg_tools/en/

at a glance I say 4 kWp for 5000 kWh/year.

the type of panels, it depends on your budget. Monocrystalline has better performance, but costs more.

polycrystalline is a very good compromise. Nowadays they give about 150 Wc/m²
1 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 09/09/22, 09:31

A preferred brand of panels? I prefer to measure quality
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 09/09/22, 09:42

they are all chinetoc, except Canadian Solar, First Solar and Worldwide Energy Manufacturing (USA)

https://www.industryinsights.eu/2022/02 ... -solaires/

the Germans went bankrupt or were absorbed by the giants.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 09/09/22, 09:47

Well there are those who say they manufacture in France...Voltec 260€ for a 385Wc

https://www.myshop-solaire.com/index.ph ... teristique
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/09/22, 10:59

Macro wrote:A preferred brand of panels? I prefer to measure quality

The best prices I found on the web are at Alma: https://www.alma-solarshop.fr/235-panneaux-solaires and there are regular promotions...

400W, €218
450W, €249

Some are guaranteed for 30 years on production...is that enough quality?

Show some pictures, what do you have for a cover? Do you have masks?

Also the fixing system must be included in the budget (accessories, cable rails etc... depending on the complexity and distance it can be 20 to 30% of the total + the inverter too + the reception of the construction site...)

And shipping costs are rarely free since it's 1 or 2 pallets...to be taken into account too...
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 09/09/22, 11:08

And you no longer have drums for your 106 or sax, I'm not sure?

Just to put a little help for any cuts....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/09/22, 11:34

Macro wrote:Well there are those who say they manufacture in France...Voltec 260€ for a 385Wc

The last PV factory had closed in France about ten years ago, but apparently some have reappeared?

Apparently yes, like voltec is from Alsace... https://www.lesechos.fr/pme-regions/gra ... on-1405092

And apparently they also make their own cells:

The Dinsheim-sur-Bruche (Bas-Rhin) company is going to equip itself with a new production line, carrying heterojunction technologies, i.e. a manufacturing process making it possible to increase the energy yield of the cells thanks to a better purity of the silicon crystals.

I had read years ago that the European "manufacturers" did not manufacture the cells which are all Asian... they only did the assembly...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 09/09/22, 11:46

Christophe wrote:
Show some pictures, what do you have for a cover? Do you have masks? Because you have to include the fixing system in the budget (accessories, cable rails etc... depending on the complexity and distance it can be 20 to 30% of the total, include the inverter too...)

Currently covered in galvanized corrugated sheets... In October refurbishment (slate-coloured steel tray sheet)

I would put screenshots of satellite photos... But I am wary of some people who call me twisted and are probably more twisted than me who take malicious pleasure in disclosing people's private lives...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/09/22, 11:56

Eh ? What's this satellite photo story?*

If you have to redo the roof, then do it directly with PV panels! Kind veranda or solar pergola...

There are semi-transparent panels that will illuminate your garage with daylight.

The minutes will make the waterproofing...it will be more beautiful and probably less expensive than the 2 construction sites combined!

* ok you edited... Ben just put pictures of the installation! OSEF from your address!
0 x