Good or bad to store the PV in the batteries?

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Good or bad to store the PV in the batteries?

by phil59 » 06/09/22, 21:45

At first good.

It's been a while since I exported all the data at the 1/2 hour over a rolling year, I'm going to have to look at it more closely, and do a little thing on excel .... that's fine long time that I have not played with a small prog ....

The only thing is that I don't have the same thing on my prod in PV....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Good or bad to store PV in batteries?

by phil59 » 06/09/22, 22:02

I just watched the file, and it's on time, and may not even need programming to use...

I start on 16/09/20, I will study until 31/08/2021, the panels were only installed at the end of June, beginning of July, and I'm not sure there was big sun. ... The months of June to September, in production, I don't think it's a big problem...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 07/09/22, 02:26

So no need to do programming in excel to "triturate" the data... You have to convert the cells, a few functions, a few sheets, and that's it.

On the other hand, with EVs, it doesn't rot the data a bit...

I assumed, which is generally true, that I only charge during off-peak hours at home, from 23:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m....

As I know that the car in charge takes about 2000Wh, at these times, well approximately, because sometimes the data is half an hour, and sometimes only an hour, so I transferred 2000Wh if I I had more than 2050Wh, it's arbitrary, but you need a calculation base ... especially since sometimes when you drive a lot, I charge a little outside of these hours ..... And want to erase the consumption of the car, I'm not dreaming, it will look far in panel and backup batteries ....

Already neglecting the conversion losses, in December I would need 16 kWp of panels...
In summer, cooler, between 4 and 6 kWp.

I haven't calculated the hours of day and night yet, to get an idea of ​​the battery...
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 07/09/22, 08:37

Is it profitable to go on vacation?

I think the concept of self-consumption, except isolated sites, is a scam set up by the electricity lobbies...it would be valid if they were the ones who made the initial investment. Which is not the case...it seems to me. End of the story.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 07/09/22, 09:14

Christophe wrote:Is it profitable to go on vacation?

I think the concept ofself-consumption, except isolated sites, is a scam set up by the electricity lobbies...it would be valuable if they were the ones making the initial investment. Which is not the case...it seems to me. End of the story.

I don't understand your answer...
In another post, from memory, you said it was worth it....

table prod possible house.JPG
tableau prod possible maison.JPG (177.51 KiB) Viewed 2045 times

Here is the production base that I had made about 2 years ago, from PVGIS ....

My prod excel file, crushed, is about 50 MB and does not pass ....

I am doing this study to see how much it has gained, over how long, for my personal case....

I have a colleague, who with 3 children, has almost half less consumption than me, and for him, the data will be entirely different...

I think any installer worth their salt should ask you, if you can get these types of files, before offering any solution.

This is my opinion, and engages only me.

ME I know that I can put a little panel without problem, which will make you drop my consumption.
It's all about how high...

I don't intend to produce everything, but to be able to have a mini subscription.
0 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 07/09/22, 09:25

consumption hour jm B epure.xls
(5.28 million) Downloaded times 210

I deleted a few intermediate sheets, there about 5MB, and it's ok.

Ps: study carried out from October 2020 to the end of September 2021.

The month of September 2020 was incomplete....
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 07/09/22, 09:31

phil59 wrote:
Christophe wrote:Is it profitable to go on vacation?

I think the concept ofself-consumption, except isolated sites, is a scam set up by the electricity lobbies...it would be valuable if they were the ones making the initial investment. Which is not the case...it seems to me. End of the story.

I don't understand your answer...
In another post, from memory, you said it was worth it....

It's worth it in the event of a network blackout, that's the whole point of a battery, so you end up in a temporary isolated site! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

Otherwise economically (is that what we're talking about?) it's absolutely useless except to double or triple the installer's profits! Electricity suppliers are richer than you, why should we still help them by self-consuming? Do they pay for the batteries and the installation? If yes then I agree to self-consume otherwise they will go FF!

QED!
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 07/09/22, 10:44

In this sense, yes, I think it's complicated to have any gain if you go through an installer.

In my case, it's all alone, with panels (only 180-190 Wp) from OCCAZ, the most expensive at 30€, and the cheapest at 17€...

For the moment only 5, but micro inverters at 35€, with shipping costs...

I forgot, a few screws, let's say €10, electric wire, which I had, but if I had had to buy it, it was around €100 (I'm including the gray and orange sheath that I already had), a few 2A circuit breakers (1 per panel, from Ali, but it's in the garden, and 2A, well, it should cut out fairly quickly in the event of a pb, 3€ each), and it must be about nearly everything....

Initially, 8 panels at €30 = €240
then 3 for 50€ = 50€
screws 10€
4X35 inverters + 5€ of parts = 145€
Son 100
5X3 15 circuit breakers

Total with 6 panels not in production 560€, otherwise 420€ with only the panels in production, for 950Wp peak installed...

The panels, may risk of failure, at worst production down, but the 150 Wc will be at least from mini.
Inverters, yes big risks.

If I put batteries, these will be OCCAZ, and probably a good deal.
The hybrid inverter, that's something else ... Either "a Chinese b*rd* for 500€, less maybe depending on the power, otherwise, a competitive thing, at 1500-2500€ for a lifetime which will be estimated for 10 years, so as not to have any surprises.

To find all that OCCAZ, it becomes more and more complicated, so expensive ....
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 07/09/22, 11:33

Ok, but for what technical benefit? If you often have breakdowns it's interesting but that's all...

Where then is it for your self-satisfaction?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 07/09/22, 11:38

I found sunrise and sunset times per month...

Arbitrarily I added an hour on getting up, and taking off an hour on going to bed...
Need a base...

prod.JPG
prod.JPG (106.9 KiB) Viewed 2005 times
0 x