EDF/Photovoltaic scale

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
louphil
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

EDF/Photovoltaic scale

by louphil » 26/02/22, 14:50

Well, it's been a while since I left the forum ... So, hello to all ...

If the idea of ​​coming back for a walk here is that I find myself facing a small problem;

Indeed, I have PV installed, in addition to solar thermal ... Being pragmatic by necessity, the energy supplied by the PV is sold to EDF ... However, I would like to be able to switch it to self-consumption at the need . The reason is that I find myself more and more often confronted with power outages or incidents from EDF... The latest, yesterday...

I had been thinking (then forgot) for ages about a self-consumption failover system, primarily to preserve the integrity of the solar thermal system, and thus avoid a large over-pressure possibly due to an EDF cut... And what I feared, of course, happened yesterday...

I have seen solutions on certain subjects, but intended for the opposite: priority self-consumption... So question:

1) Can these solutions be suitable to solve my problem (while isolating the EDF network)?

2) Does anyone have any feedback on the repair of solar thermal by home insurance, the breakdown being caused by failure of EDF?
1 x
http://wunic.fr

This is because the speed of light is greater than that of sound,
Some have the brilliant air before the air con ....:D :D :D
Remundo

Re: EDF/Photovoltaic switch

by Remundo » 26/02/22, 16:44

Hi Louphil

there are inverters that can automate this, but you have to invest and have some batteries.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 26/02/22, 17:02

I prepare to write the same...

Ladle, 1500€ of inverter, plus batteries, more or less by rounding 1000€ for 1 kWh (rather less).

For a gas boiler, I have an old PC inverter, 160W, put on a bigger battery than originally.

It can take several hours for the boiler, its circulator, and the circulator of the wood stove...

Afterwards, having 2 electric cars at home, I have the possibility, to help me out, to put a small converter that I have, 12V ---> 220V on the accessory battery of the VE ....

It's mini, but I have nothing planned for the freezer, etc ....

I have 4 panels of 190W, but with micro inverter....so without juice, they don't produce anything either...
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/02/22, 18:32

louphil wrote:.... as a priority to preserve the integrity of the thermal solar system, and thus avoid a large over-pressure possibly due to an EDF cut ... And what I feared, of course, happened yesterday ...

I'm not going to advise you on inverters etc, but generally on a hydraulic system that we want to protect from possible "accidental" overpressures, we install one or more valve(s) often called "safety group". You don't have one?
0 x
louphil
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by louphil » 26/02/22, 19:29

@Remundo and Phil59

Is that so ?? The "classic" PV inverters are not all designed to be able to supply directly usable juice??? Well, the question may seem silly, but never mind...

Well, to avoid confusion, I made a small sketch... I would like my installation to evolve from solution A to solution B... There is no product on the market for "bypassing" EDF ???
Bypass-PV2.png
Bypass-PV2.png (132.54 KiB) Viewed 4143 times

@Sicetaitsimple

Well, yes, there is one... But obviously she didn't play her role... :(
1 x

Remundo

by Remundo » 26/02/22, 20:56

there are 3 types of inverter
1) the network inverter: it only knows how to inject power into the EDF network and goes out of service as soon as the EDF phase disappears
2) the isolated site inverter: it is never connected to the network and manages a local installation by creating its phase there
3) the hybrid inverter: it is able to adapt to 2 situations, according to different options/strategies.

inverters 2 and 3 require a battery to function as an energy buffer.

https://onduleurphotovoltaique.fr/ondul ... e-solaire/
1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 26/02/22, 21:17

The hybrid inverter is the one that switches.

The panels are connected to PV and batteries. It is he who decides to let the "EDF" juice pass or not.
It's automatic.

If it's just for a water circulator like me, a simple PC inverter can do the trick, one with dead battery, 20€, on which you change the battery, to put a much bigger one. An old car battery can do the trick, even hs to start a car. Not optimal, because not planned for, but it turns a few years ....

My boiler wood stove is plugged in like that, in the event of a power cut, for several hours without EDF, it turns ....
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
louphil
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by louphil » 26/02/22, 22:10

OK ! Thank you for your answers ... ! I therefore deduce that I am stuck: my inverter has an "anti-islanding" function and therefore no longer supplies during power cuts...

Small question "to the con", which comes to me: how is the energy produced by the PVs dissipated in the event of a power cut?
0 x

Remundo

by Remundo » 26/02/22, 22:30

it is not dissipated, the panels are in open circuit, like a battery connected to nothing.
0 x
yves35
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yves35 » 27/02/22, 00:28

Good evening,

and thus avoid a large over-pressure possibly due to an EDF cut ... And what I feared, is, of course, happened yesterday ...

on a normally constituted thermal solar installation there is an expansion vessel which is there to absorb the entire volume created by overheating. The safety valve intervenes only as a last resort. The interruption of the electrical supply to the circulator and the regulation has no harmful consequence before the sensors reach 160°C. And it's February

yves
1 x
ignored: obamot, janic, guygadebois... air, air. We are not (yet) on Qanon Ben, if in fact

Back to "Renewable energy: solar electricity"