Surgery, Prof. Christian Cabrol, pioneer in heart transplantation, died... in indifference?

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Christophe

Surgery, Prof. Christian Cabrol, pioneer in heart transplantation, died... in indifference?

by Christophe » 24/01/22, 10:24

I just learned it: a few days before the first transplant of a pig's heart on a human, Pr Cabrol died on January 16, 2022... in almost general media indifference...

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Cabrol

Hey, he was also a UMP / RPR politician... I came across this little tribute:

Professor Christian Cabrol left us 2 days ago in the most total media silence. Obviously, his name is not Cyril Hanouna...or Agnes Buzyn...

Professor Christian Cabrol devoted his life to heart surgery, performing the first heart transplant in Europe and the second in the world, the first heart-lung transplant in a child with cystic fibrosis. He was able to operate for more than 12 hours straight. With his wife, who was an anesthesiologist, they slept in the hospital. Their life was their patients.

Respect sir! Men like you are an example for all humanity.

0 x
pedrodelavega
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Surgery, Pr Christian Cabrol, pioneer of heart transplant, died... in indifference?

by pedrodelavega » 24/01/22, 10:32

Christophe wrote:I just learned it: a few days before the first transplant of a pig's heart on a human, Pr Cabrol died on January 16, 2022... in almost general media indifference...

He died on June 16, 2017.
1 x
Christophe

Re: Surgery, Pr Christian Cabrol, pioneer of heart transplant, died... in indifference?

by Christophe » 24/01/22, 12:14

Ah bug, I got screwed again by fuckbook pfff yet I had briefly looked at the wiki page...too briefly...I seem to have checked the wiki date? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

So I lock...sorry for the noise :(
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"