Okofen boiler, temperatures too low

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
loloetalex
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Okofen boiler, temperatures too low

by loloetalex » 08/12/21, 21:15

Bonjour.
I have an Okofen PE20 boiler which supplies radiators. Outdoor sensor and motorized 3-way valve. Relatively poorly insulated house but not that bad, I only lose 2 degrees at night when the heating goes out.
My concern is that the temperature in the house remains low and never reaches the set temperature.
I have a setpoint of 21 degrees and I have difficulty reaching 19.5 with an outside temperature of 7 ° C.
I tried to play on my water curve (45 foot and 1.2 curve) but nothing helped. Which, from what I could understand is not surprising, my maximum temperature set being 55 ° C, and seeing on the display that it is this temperature which is set, I think that the boiler does not even regulate by taking my water law but by always sending to the maximum that it is entitled. The V3v is content to mix between the 70 ° C of the boiler and the return water.
My return temperature is often very low, when I touch my radiators, they often get cold in the lower part.
Is my analysis correct?
Would acting on my circulator be useful to improve my situation?
Do I have to raise my maximum flow temperature to 60 ° C to let the boiler regulate my water curve?
Thank you for your answers.
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Okofen boiler, temperatures too low

by Pilpoill » 10/12/21, 20:43

Hi,

Do you have any operating curves to show us?
Do you have the corresponding .csv and .png files to see what the problem might be?
Is the boiler connected?
1 x
loloetalex
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by loloetalex » 10/12/21, 21:02

Bonsoir.
No, the boiler is not connected.
I raised the starting temperature to 68 and it regulates nickel now by being able to follow the water law.
And I increased the power of my circulator, it is because it was set too low that the radiators were not all supplied optimally and that resulted in a low return temperature.
With these two corrections, the heating finally works satisfactorily, I still have to optimize my settings (currently foot at 45, slope at 2.0 and compensation at 3).
Thanks for your answer anyway. : Wink:
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 10/12/21, 21:35

To adjust the speed of the circulator without racking your brains too much (and on condition that everything is working correctly in terms of parameters on the Okofen):
Fully open all radiators, the room furthest away should reach the desired temperature.

With an incorrect setting (on the room sensor for example), the circulator can turn on / off, hence the usefulness of studying the files.

The water curve seems very strong to me and the corrector is too weak, for radiators it is usually advisable to place it on 5.
1 x
loloetalex
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by loloetalex » 10/12/21, 22:53

The water law will change, my circulator problem made me force my water temperature to increase, with the circulator doing its job, I will be able to lower it.
5 correction? So if I have 18 in the room and 20 on set it will increase the water by 10 degrees. I had 0 at the base (so no compensation : Mrgreen: ). If I go up further I would have to lower my corner foot. Yes why not. I'll test that. But isn't a heating with an outside sensor and water law supposed to work better without taking the inside temperature into account?
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 11/12/21, 07:01

loloetalex wrote:The water law will change, my circulator problem made me force my water temperature to increase, with the circulator doing its job, I will be able to lower it.
5 correction? So if I have 18 in the room and 20 on set it will increase the water by 10 degrees. I had 0 at the base (so no compensation : Mrgreen: ). If I go up further I would have to lower my corner foot. Yes why not. I'll test that. But isn't a heating with an outside sensor and water law supposed to work better without taking the inside temperature into account?

If the corrector is <> 0, there will be compensation according to the T ° read by the room thermostat.
When the correction is at zero, it is an operation in pure water law; there will be no additional correction of the starting T ° in the radiators regardless of the T ° observed inside.

If you put heating time slots, you will never be able to be satisfied with a perfectly regulated water law because it takes a certain time to recover the degrees lost during the night period.
So you have to be satisfied with a setting that does not exceed the hysteresis of the room thermostat, which would cause the circulator to operate on / off, as I see it too often.

Pay attention to the circulators (in any case those installed by Okofen) there is one adjustment in proportional pressure or another in constant pressure.
Can you make us a picture of your circulator group and its v3v?
0 x
loloetalex
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by loloetalex » 11/12/21, 10:43

Yes I understand what you are telling me, I will leave the compensation I think, to see how much.

0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 11/12/21, 11:19

Your boiler seems to be older than mine, my hydraulic unit is different.

Well the main thing is that your circulator is in proportional pressure which is the case by taking a look at its manufacturer's manual 8)
1 x
loloetalex
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by loloetalex » 11/12/21, 11:46

Pilpoill wrote:Your boiler seems to be older than mine, my hydraulic unit is different.

Well the main thing is that your circulator is in proportional pressure which is the case by taking a look at its manufacturer's manual 8)

It dates from 2015.
And yes it is in proportional maxi.
0 x