Climate, ecological crisis reconcile skeptics and convinced?

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Climate, ecological crisis reconcile skeptics and convinced?

by humus » 26/06/21, 08:28

A discussion between Coline, co-founder of Time for the Planet, and Fabrice Bonnifet, CSR director of the Bouygues Group and president of the College of Directors of Sustainable Development.

00: 00 Introduction
04:14 His journey
06:30 The promises of politicians
09:50 The lie of green growth?
13:10 Ecology and freedom transition
15:07 Screening in a carbon-free world
23:05 CSR and greenwashing
26:20 Why isn't it going faster?
33:05 Decarbonize the different “scopes”
41:45 The contributory company
44:38 Transforming business models
50:30 New forms of accounting
54:00 Technological breakthrough and innovation
56:20 His opinion on Time for the Planet

1 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: climate, ecological crisis reconcile skeptics and convinced?

by ABC2019 » 26/06/21, 11:11

mash another hour of portenawak to listen to ... to say at the end that we are unable to say what to do exactly!

seriously, i've always wondered why so many people spend an hour every sunday always hearing the same stuff at mass, but obviously there are some who like it ....
1 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 26/06/21, 11:16

the first thing he said about Claude Lorius at 2'30 is already bullshit ... I stopped there. If I have nothing else to do if it's too hot this afternoon; I'll listen to the other bullshit.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/06/21, 14:05

ABC2019 wrote:... to say at the end that we are unable to say what to do exactly!

Because all the speakers are greenwashers who apply pseudo-green on an ideology of infinite growth ... it cannot work!

The solution is however simple but very politically incorrect: agree to divide our standard of living by 10!

That is to say, accept spending 10 times less in unnecessary consumerism (but which satisfies the masses) and refocus on the essentials, review your spending priorities ... For example, buy fruits and vegetables instead of a Nieme pair of pump or cell phone that just came out but that we don't REALLY NOT need but we buy it anyway because our life is so shitty that we have to boost our ego in abusive consumption, we have to blow it up in front of ourselves his friends where we have to satisfy a foolish ephemeral futile fashion !!

So long as a politician does not have the balls to say that, we will not get out of it!

The solution is to learn to be satisfied with little, to stop drooling and to be "happy" only through consumption, to admire sobriety rather than wealth ... In short, it is to learn the concept of happy sobriety, which moreover will generally make society happier because it will find consumerism ridiculous, which currently is only a source of frustration for most (she has that, but I can't tell 'buy ... bouhouhou)!

It will take a few more years of COVID for it to come in ... sandstone or force!

If not, when do the summer sales start? : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
1 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 26/06/21, 14:06

ABC2019 wrote: to say at the end that we are unable to say what to do exactly!

Maybe start by stopping repeating this over and over, take charge and look for solutions.
Spectator!
1 x
Christophe

Re: Climate, ecological crisis reconcile skeptics and convinced?

by Christophe » 26/06/21, 14:09

I just gave it ... at least in part ...

These video idiots will never reason like that so they will always be wrong in their false beliefs!

Since they have all they want in their life, all they are looking for is personal enrichment at all costs by applying green methods! I did not watch 1 second of the video but according to the summary it is exactly that ... I do not think I am too wrong ...

The solution is sobriety, poverty, a return to basics ...
1 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 26/06/21, 19:41

A little dissonance?
There are people who propose and do.
The oil stain and not wait for everything to come from above.

Isabelle Delannoy - Which humans does nature need?

"A political force which has turned into an economic force", "the symbiotic economy"

00: 00 Introduction
05:50 The three important facts & figures
09:20 What is the place of money in the ecological transition?
12:20 The global and the local
15:05 What is the symbiotic economy?
27:20 Reasons to be optimistic
32:50 Project yourself into a desirable world
45:04 “Distributed capitalism”
53:10 The positive rebound effect?
56:55 What can you do as a citizen?
1:03:45 His opinion on Time for the Planet
1:06:40 The last word

0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 26/06/21, 19:53

Christophe wrote:I just gave it ... at least in part ...

These video idiots will never reason like that so they will always be wrong in their false beliefs!

Since they have all they want in their life, all they are looking for is personal enrichment at all costs by applying green methods! I did not watch 1 second of the video but according to the summary it is exactly that ... I do not think I am too wrong ...

The solution is sobriety, poverty, a return to basics ...

As long as we continue to crowd people into the cities, we will not succeed. Cities are the problem and not the solution.

You can stuff yourself with vegetables, eggs, cheese from a local production. The more I think about it, the more I think the solution is to go back to small communities (1000 - 10000 inhabitants) that produce what they need. The village as it existed with us 3 centuries ago, but with modernity.
It does not necessarily imply poverty. Back to basics yes : Cheesy:
2 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 26/06/21, 19:59

Go for a walk in the small Italian villages, I know a lot of them in Liguria, you will see what "real life" is, colorful, joyful, full of cries of children, old people on the benches, small restaurants family where we eat inexpensively products from the surrounding vegetable gardens, local olive oil and local wine .... In France it was still like that in the 60s but it has unfortunately disappeared.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 26/06/21, 20:06

I'm having a bit of trouble with the contributory business ... It's an interesting concept on paper, but if the value produced by workers (in the broadest sense) is spread across fewer products and that company continues to make profits, without overall growth as specified, this means that only very few companies will be able to operate, therefore this implies an extreme concentration of companies (which will thus capture the little overall growth ...) ...
"Solutions", like putting a little more greenery in cities, that's nice but in no way likely to change things. As a comment above aptly states, cities are rather the problem ...
We have the impression that it would be enough to change state of mind without changing the background and "roll my hen" ...
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."

Back to "humanitarian disasters, natural, climatic and industrial"