Nuisance phyto product?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Nuisance phyto product?

by humus » 18/06/21, 10:20

Hello,

It's been several times that I noticed an anomaly on plants in my garden.
It is mainly a flattening of the stem.
I am in a semi-distant agricultural environment and the winds sometimes bring me odors, I deduce that phyto products come to my home and can produce this anomaly.
I think the cause is a phyto product since I noticed the anomaly on very different plants: maple branch, field plants, and this year, lysimas.
the doubling of the flower spike which shrivels, I had never noticed.
Have you ever noticed this kind of anomaly?
Do you have any idea of ​​the cause?
Where to go to have the pollution diagnosed?

0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Nuisance phytos product?

by Ahmed » 18/06/21, 11:45

Without prejudging the real cause, these phenomena of abnormal development are probably attributable to a disturbed metabolism of auxins. These chemicals play roughly the same role as hormones in us and control, among other things cell division and especially in this case, the specially stimulated parts, such as the end buds or the growth of the stem ...
If external phytosanitary substances are involved, it is rather on the side of weedkillers that it is necessary to look.
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 18/06/21, 12:25

Thank you very much for the answer.
I had thought of what they call a grain growth reducer?

which is surprising, the 2 plants photographed are 30 cm away.

The nearest field is a hundred yards away.
With the spread, one would expect the whole garden to be affected.
For the odors observed, the incriminated fields are even more distant but the wind was doing well.
we must add what does not smell and what I do not notice.
Not easy to identify the true source.
Still, it does not come from my home, since I do not use any product.
It does not reassure me about the safety of my food production.

Some nearby strawberries had leaf problems this year, I couldn't say if it was natural or phyto.
I have not found a photo equivalent to the symptom of leaves on the net.
I removed all the suspicious leaves.
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 18/06/21, 12:38

Yes, the growth reducers act by limiting the elongation of the stems (therefore on the auxins), but I do not know if these substances cause the observed phenomena ...
Auxins are not only used to stimulate the preferential growth of certain organs, they are also involved in leaf fall in the fall of deciduous trees, causing annular necrosis at the base of the petioles. These auxins, called abscissics, are themselves triggered by the reduction in day length.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 18/06/21, 16:45

Would it be possible to have these abnormal plants chemically analyzed and where?
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 18/06/21, 16:58

humus wrote:Would it be possible to have these abnormal plants chemically analyzed and where?

Yes, it is possible * (but it should not be given), after nothing is less certain that we find residues of anything in it, since these products tend to disappear over time (ok 'going ...). Fortunately, by the way.

* https://www.mt.com/fr/fr/home/applicati ... sting.html
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 18/06/21, 22:15

humus wrote:Would it be possible to have these abnormal plants chemically analyzed and where?

I don't want to be devil's advocate, but 100m from the potential source is a lot, for a product to be effective it has to be the right dose, and the right dose is on the plants in the field and the mini next door, so effective residues at the edge of the field why not, but here, I allow myself to express a doubt

watch the farmer spraying, the newer his machine, the less things there will be in your house
2 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 19/06/21, 08:57

Moindreffor wrote:

I don't want to be devil's advocate, but 100m from the potential source is a lot, for a product to be effective it has to be the right dose, and the right dose is on the plants in the field and the mini next door, so effective residues at the edge of the field why not, but here, I allow myself to express a doubt

watch the farmer spraying, the newer his machine, the less things there will be in your house

This spring with a very new sprayer, a monster, a farmer sprayed a herbicide whose name I have forgotten. I stopped him to ask him what he was spraying, since the whole village was gassed by a strong odor because he had sprayed at both ends of the village, the weather was light fog, the air was stagnant.

When it smells strong, that someone explains to me that I do not breathe it and that it does not come on the plants.
This year again, another farmed farther away, another smell, and the wind blowing towards the village. the smell lasted about 1 hour.

I never noticed this flattening phenomenon of new stems before I lived not very far from cultivated fields.
I also maintain a garden in town, I have never observed this phenomenon of flattening of new stems.

Otherwise what cause would cause this flattening of new stems on trees, perennials, and annuals?
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/06/21, 11:42

Natural causes cannot be ruled out, because viral infections can lead to deformation of plant organs.
As for the "precision" of the sprayers, it strongly depends on the practices of the one who drives it and I have seen some (I have names! : Mrgreen: ) that a strong wind did not dissuade ... : roll:
1 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 19/06/21, 15:45

Ahmed wrote:Natural causes cannot be ruled out, because viral infections can lead to deformation of plant organs.

I don't know anything about it but I will dig this track.
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"