Construction of an ecological (Hobbit) house autonomous in water and electricity

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Littleflwr
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Construction of an ecological (Hobbit) house autonomous in water and electricity

by Littleflwr » 14/06/21, 12:29

Hello !

I am Flower, I live in the center of Lyon with my partner and our dog, moreover we are expecting a child. We have a project to build an ecological house autonomous in water, electricity and heating. I know it's a complicated project but we really want to achieve it and we are aware that it could be long and tedious, hence the fact of planning a lot of things upstream.

We are neither in the building that's why don't come in search of knowledge ^^
For the house, we would like to use natural materials if possible. The goal would be to have natural ventilation of the rooms, good insulation.
For the insulation, we had the idea of ​​probably covering the house with earth. ("Hobbit" link below). We saw that the use of straw and heat was also good. Is using these materials and sufficient? Or is it too much? Is there a better way to do the insulation?

We already have some ideas for house ideas, I put the links below:

But many questions still arise concerning these houses, can kerterres for example be built larger? Or do they risk collapsing quickly?
Are there other buildable houses like this?
In terms of the land, we saw that it was possible to build on agricultural land but that depends on a lot of legislation. Since we are going to adapt our house to the land, we do not know if a specific quality of land is needed to build this type of house.

As for the autonomy in electricity / water, we are well aware that these will arrive a while after the construction of the house. But we are taking all the leads there. We obviously know the possibilities of solar panel / Wind turbine (small) to try to be independent in energy. It depends on the weather but it's a start.

Regarding water, apart from being close to a stream possibly allowing it to come using pipes thanks to the Archimedean thrust or even recovering rainwater, we do not do not know other ways. Do not hesitate if you have any ideas.

If you have links, leads, contacts of people who could help us on this subject, do not hesitate. We are really upstream of the project and are looking for as many leads as possible.

Thank you in advance.
2 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Construction of an ecological (Hobbit) house autonomous in water and electricity

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 14/06/21, 13:42

A buried house (my dream) costs about 35% less than a traditional house (No roof). If we don't have the budget, we can make it from containers. The most difficult being the realization of skylights. A container surrounded by gravel to drain the water can have a good lifespan.
Example of a semi-buried house of 91 square meters made from containers, for a total price of 150 euros:
https://www.construire-tendance.com/201 ... ontainers/

And also:
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Construction of an ecological (Hobbit) house autonomous in water and electricity

by Obamot » 14/06/21, 15:41

LittleFlwr wrote: Construction of an ecological (Hobbit) house [...] We have for project to build an ecological house autonomous in water, electricity and heating. I know it's a complicated project [...] We are neither in the building
Forget !

LittleFlwr wrote:[...] ^^

... you're welcome ^^

: Cheesy:

PS: the hydraulic lime one seems more within your reach: why not do an internship?
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 15/06/21, 12:27

Without being so categorical, I would say that when you're not in the building, the first house is completely missed, the second barely better, the third drinkable, and the fourth only good ...
1 x
Littleflwr
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Littleflwr » 15/06/21, 16:26

Thank you GuyGadebois!
It is true that we had not thought of this kind of alternatives either; which can still be interesting!

Of what is for lime, it is in reflection. We wanted to have lots of opinions before embarking on an internship.
For the construction, it was not stated exclusively that we will build it alone, we will surely even get help for that. Moreover, if you know professionals who are experts in this type of house, do not hesitate to tell us! : Cheesy:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 15/06/21, 16:59

What Forhose says is due to the fact that for each profession, there are standards and rules to be respected, and they are sometimes (very) severe. For that there are good reasons, safety, economy, the success of the work which rests on multiple know-how, a lot of basic notions too, of chemistry to understand the problems which can arise, and also the physical laws - in particular for the statics and resistance of the materials (structures), the insulation, the electricity, the plumbing, the heating, etc - To top it all, there is the theory (the explanatory note) and the practice ... (implementation) It is often from 'noticeably' to 'completely different' depending on the situation. I wouldn't want to discourage you, but you always need the “pro's paw” to assess the situation and adapt the appropriate technique according to the desired result (for example according to the humidity, the ambient temperature to make plaster or a mortar ... the amount of the different ingredients can change and the speed of execution required too (and what type of mortar for what use) and so on and the best.

In short, take each building trades, if each time it is 3 to 4 years to obtain the CAP, there must be reasons?

It would be someone who would have already worked on sites and jack-of-all-trades, I wouldn't say, but there ...
I also believe that it is better to take on small challenges in relation to your abilities so as not to get discouraged. There you may not see her because “Your desire for a home” outweighs reason, but you have before you a mountain of rather twisted and opulent problems that will have to be solved. For that it would be well to have acquired the necessary skills, no?

The simple mistake of thinking at the design stage can be very problematic, and even for building professionals.

Otherwise, instead of “savings”, the house could cost you more than made by “pros” for a disappointing result ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 15/06/21, 18:03

Some videos on the subject (purely as an example, I do not claim that everything has been planned)

It is necessary to start by making a measurement as precise as possible, as close as possible to the desired end result (big work of mental design on plan, then calculation of surfaces and establishment of the costs of materials, volumes, even of the mo), then then this:

Another more “administrative” approach

Construction errors (design errors made by pros)

0 x
Littleflwr
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Littleflwr » 15/06/21, 18:21

Thank you for the videos on the subject.
It should be understood that precisely we are neither one nor the other in the building. We do indeed want an independent house on many points but absolutely do not pretend to be able to do it ourselves. If we come here it is mainly in search of ideas on the subject.
For example, we had not seen the example of houses made with containers at all.
Here we are looking more to see the possibilities (buried house, lime house, container house etc ...) to subsequently have a good idea of ​​the house we would like and turn to the professional who can best help us. help regarding this type of house.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 16/06/21, 01:47

Better to do it according to the rules of the art and the administration : Wink:
https://www.2tout2rien.fr/une-vraie-mai ... emolition/
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 16/06/21, 12:59

izentrop wrote:Better to do it according to the rules of the art and the administration : Wink:
https://www.2tout2rien.fr/une-vraie-mai ... emolition/

And you support this decision?
0 x