Blood pressure monitor or hygrometer?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Milano
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Blood pressure monitor or hygrometer?

by Milano » 03/04/21, 16:29

Hello,

In the book, Succeeding his vegetable garden for the lazy, we are told about a blood pressure monitor. While looking for where to buy it I saw electronic devices doing the same thing and even testing the ph.
The latter are even cheaper. Useless or really effective gadget for the latter? In short, yes for the electronic version or not, you need the precision of the blood pressure monitor?

Thank you in advance,
0 x
Milano
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Blood pressure monitor or hygrometer?

by Milano » 07/04/21, 11:31

Nobody ?
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 07/04/21, 14:02

Personally, after reading Didier's book, I did some research on the Net.
A tensiometer does not seem necessary to me in my garden because what real savings could I get from it with regard to its cost and its difficulty of implementation? If someone could convince me? These machines are mainly used by great pros.

But in Didier's thread we could not long ago read an exchange on this subject. But this thread being a huge tote, it's a shame because the tensiometer would have deserved a separate chapter.
I even looked with computer fanatics to make one with a Rapsberry or Arduino type module equipped with a suitable sensor.
We gave up because the electronics must be usable in a humid environment and it is not yet made for.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 07/04/21, 14:28

Biobombe wrote:Personally, after reading Didier's book, I did some research on the Net.
A tensiometer does not seem necessary to me in my garden because what real savings could I get from it with regard to its cost and its difficulty of implementation? If someone could convince me? These machines are mainly used by great pros.

But in Didier's thread we could not long ago read an exchange on this subject. But this thread being a huge tote, it's a shame because the tensiometer would have deserved a separate chapter.
I even looked with computer fanatics to make one with a Rapsberry or Arduino type module equipped with a suitable sensor.
We gave up because the electronics must be usable in a humid environment and it is not yet made for.

Didier uses a tensiometer it is above all to be able to "argue" scientifically about watering, to go beyond conviction, for us simple amateurs is it really necessary? for me the answer is given the size of my garden and the price of a tensiometer, it will give me several years of watering prices to know when to water, it's a bit of a shame ^^
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 07/04/21, 14:37

Biobombe wrote: But this thread being a huge tote, it's a shame because the tensiometer would have deserved a separate chapter.

gardening / moisture meter-vs-tensiometer-t16499.html
0 x
Milano
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Milano » 07/04/21, 16:10

Frankly, I don't know how I'm going to water. Before, I watered every day. I don't have the budget for a drip. With hay, I will have to water less often. So how do I know when to water if I don't have something to test?
0 x
stephgouv
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by stephgouv » 08/04/21, 10:02

Many possible responses:
- By scraping the soil in several places on 2-3cm and see if it is wet. Do not think that if it is wet between the earth and the hay that it is ok
- By looking at the plants (if they wilt in the evening and in the morning they have not recovered, it is because they are in water stress)
- There is the soil structure which also plays a role ...

The best is to get to know your vegetable garden and so you know when to water and especially how much to add.
0 x
Milano
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Milano » 08/04/21, 13:44

But still avoiding automatic watering which would also water the leaves I suppose. In order to avoid mildew-like diseases. In short, either drip or manually at the foot of the plants is that it?
0 x
stephgouv
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by stephgouv » 08/04/21, 14:30

It depends on when the watering takes place.
When you are very, very hot, a nice refreshing shower. It's the same for plants. Fields are sprinkled 24 hours a day in certain hot regions and that does not pose a problem.
Again, there are so many parameters that play ...
You can wet the foliage of a tomato plant and it will be safe! Unless the conditions are right for the development of downy mildew.
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"