UPS and battery compatibility

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Vince47
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

UPS and battery compatibility

by Vince47 » 30/03/21, 22:38

Hello,

I would like to use entry level 600VA inverter with 12V 74Ah car battery instead of 12V 7Ah inverter

Before I start I would like to have your opinion please.

Will this use have any particular consequences?
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: UPS and battery compatibility

by izentrop » 31/03/21, 00:01

Hello,
A 7 A battery will be charged to 0.7 A in 10 hours, then switch to floating.
It will take more than 100 hours to recharge the vehicle battery, which will require a floating voltage may be different ...

It is the characteristics of the charger that may need to be adapted. You also need those for the batteries. :?:
Backup UPS for PC?
1 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 31/03/21, 07:35

If you intend to use your low-end 600Va inverter for a long time with a battery 10 times larger .... In my opinion, you may be surprised to see that .... Your inverter goes into overheating safety on discharge at after 1.1 times (1.5 at the maximum) the time it would have taken him to discharge his 7Ah battery ...
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Vince47
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Vince47 » 05/04/21, 20:33

izentrop wrote:Hello,
A 7 A battery will be charged to 0.7 A in 10 hours, then switch to floating.
It will take more than 100 hours to recharge the vehicle battery, which will require a floating voltage may be different ...

It is the characteristics of the charger that may need to be adapted. You also need those for the batteries. :?:
Backup UPS for PC?

Yes it is a backup inverter for PC, suddenly is it possible to adapt the characteristics of the charger?
0 x
Vince47
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Vince47 » 05/04/21, 20:47

Macro wrote:If you plan to use your low-end 600Va inverter for a long time with a battery 10 times larger .... In my opinion, you risk being surprised to see that .... Your inverter goes into safety overheating at discharge at after 1.1 times (1.5 at the maximum) the time it would have taken him to discharge his 7Ah battery ...

Waw indeed! How to bypass this protection : roll:
Even if the power is cut for 2 minutes it is not too bad for me.
In this case where my inverter thus goes into overheating safety, if I turn it off and then turn it on again, will it start again for 1 hour (approximately) again before this safety trips again?
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 05/04/21, 22:42

No because if it goes into safety it is not a question of operating time but of temperature.
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 06/04/21, 02:44

This model indicates a maximum execution time: 10 minutes https://www.boutique-econologique.fr/on ... p-669.html
60 Wh for 84 Wh battery charge minus losses, this is normal

With a 70 Ah, not exceeding 300 W, it should take at least 1 h 30 and 80 hours to recharge, if the charging current is the same.
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/04/21, 06:07

I don't know what the rest of you think about it, but how about a versatile motorcycle battery like this (?): https://fr.vidaxl.ch/e/8019887384976/ba ... jQQAvD_BwE

Description
5 year standard battery with high AGM technique.

This battery is position independent using membrane technology and absolutely maintenance free. It is applicable to model making, alarm systems, emergency power supplies, solar systems, emergency lighting, etc.

Specifications
Dimensions: 151 x 65 x 94 mm (W x D x H)
Pole arrangement: 3
Terminal type: F1
Type of fixing: B00
Capacity: 7 Ah
Tension: 12 V

Now, as another resource there is Écus-Ondulique, they are specialized in the rehabilitation of inverters whose battery must be changed. They have “Replacement Battery Kits (KBR)” (spare batteries) for inverters of the biggest brands (APC, BELKIN, BEST POWER, COMPAQ, ECUS, EMERSON, MGE, RIELLO, POWERWARE ... etc)
They also sell these “refurbished” (as they say) inverters.

You should know that if the inverters put themselves in the “overheating safety” position, it is not for nails, it is fire protection regulations according to CE standards. If the battery / inverter pair is not within the standards and there is a fire (from overheating) will the insurance companies cover the damage? These standards changed last year and ALL inverters must theoretically meet them. https://www.sma-france.com/centre-de-co ... c1011.html

It is a chance not to have bought anything, you will be able to get into compliance at no additional cost!
1 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 06/04/21, 09:42

And the PC inverter has one big flaw: if it screams like a firefighter's siren: it drives you crazy.
But it is also an advantage because it signals from a distance that we have a power cut
1 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Vince47
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Vince47 » 06/04/21, 19:42

izentrop wrote:This model indicates a maximum execution time: 10 minutes https://www.boutique-econologique.fr/on ... p-669.html
60 Wh for 84 Wh battery charge minus losses, this is normal

With a 70 Ah, not exceeding 300 W, it should take at least 1 h 30 and 80 hours to recharge, if the charging current is the same.

A detail, in the characteristics of this inverter we can see a switching time of 10 ms (milliseconds), it is something other than the maximum execution time which is expressed in minutes! :?
0 x