Carlos Tavares dismantles the electric car

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
LOGIC12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Carlos Tavares dismantles the electric car

by LOGIC12 » 30/03/21, 06:04

Hello,

Here is an interesting reading by Carlos Tavares (boss of PSA) and Stéphane Lhomme (Director of the Nuclear Observatory)

The world is crazy. The fact that the authorities order us to go in a technological direction, that of the electric vehicle, is a big turning point. Carlos Tavares

I would not like that in 30 years we will discover something that is not as beautiful as it seems, on the recycling of batteries, the use of rare materials on the planet, on the electromagnetic emissions of the battery in a charging situation?

How are we going to generate more clean electrical energy?

How to ensure that the carbon footprint of manufacturing an electric vehicle battery is not an ecological disaster?

How to ensure that recycling a battery is not an ecological disaster?

How to find enough scarce raw material to make battery cells and chemistries over time?

Who deals with the issue of clean mobility as a whole?

Who today is asking the question in a sufficiently broad way from a societal point of view to take into account all of these parameters?

I am worried as a citizen, because as a car manufacturer I am not audible.

All this turmoil, all this chaos, is going to backfire on us because we will have made bad decisions in emotional contexts. "

The life cycle of an electric vehicle makes it as polluting as a thermal vehicle. Stephane Lhomme

Subsidizing it does not make sense, explains the director of the Nuclear Observatory, Stéphane Lhomme.

The manufacture of batteries emits so much CO² that it is necessary to have traveled from 50 to 000 km in an electric car…. To start producing less CO² than a thermal car. Or 100 to 000 km per day, 15 days a year, for 30 years!

However, contrary to what most people believe, subjected to continual propaganda from politicians and industrialists, the electric car is no more virtuous for the climate than the thermal car, gasoline or diesel.
These are the conclusions of an already long-standing study by the Environment and Energy Management Agency (Ademe), deliberately ignored by the government (Elaboration according to LCA principles of energy balances, greenhouse gas emissions and other environmental impacts induced by all the electric vehicle and thermal vehicle sectors by 2012 and 2020, (November 2013)
Knowing that these cars are mainly used for short journeys, it is likely that the mileage required to consider oneself “virtuous” will never be reached.

In addition, all the CO² emitted by an electric car is sent into the atmosphere even before a single kilometer has been traveled.
While it is everywhere claimed that the electric car does not emit fine particles, as the magazine Science et Vie (January 2015) points out, “tires, brakes and road wear emit almost as many microparticles as diesel ”.
The electric car certainly emits less particles than the thermal car, since it does not have an exhaust, but it does have brakes, tires, and rolls on tar!

In the end, the electric car is no more ecological than the thermal car.

The public money devoted to its development is therefore totally unjustified.

However, these are astronomical sums:
- The government has launched a plan to install 7 million recharging stations at around 10 euros each, ie a cost of around 000 billion euros.
It is also poignant to see elected officials from small towns, believing they are making a gesture for the environment, breaking the municipal piggy bank to afford a terminal;
- The “ecological” bonus for the purchase of an electric car exceeds € 10 per vehicle, often supplemented by a regional bonus.
Almost all buyers are wealthy households, because these vehicles are very expensive: once again, everyone's money is offered to the most privileged.
In reality, in the land of the atom, all means are good to “boost” electricity consumption, which has been falling continuously for years.
Because the electric car in France can be considered as a “nuclear car”: almost all of the recharging stations installed are connected to the ordinary electricity network, 80% nuclear.
We must not be fooled by the certificates put forward by Mr. Bolloré and his Autolib (Paris), Bluecub (Bordeaux) and Bluely (Lyon), ensuring that they are recharged with renewable energies: it is only a question of writing games; the electricity used is the same as elsewhere.
We are not here promoting the thermal car, itself an environmental calamity.
But, precisely, nobody would have the idea of ​​offering 10 euros to buy a diesel car, to reserve parking spaces for it and to fill its tank at a broken price ...
This is a very good analysis showing that our policies (and the greens) are doing us a show:
Diesel paranoia only concerns motorists !!!
Heavy goods vehicles, Coaches and Ships are excluded!

Just to locate the degree of paranoia of the most virulent detractors of the diesel vehicle, it is necessary to reveal to them the data of the maritime industry which showed that by considering the size of the engines and the quality of the fuel used, the 40 largest ships -cargos of the world pollute as much as all of the 760 million automobiles on the planet.

You know, these container ships that supply us with products that we manufactured in our relocated factories, today, they each burn 10.000 tonnes of fuel for a return trip between Asia and Europe.
These unfortunate 40 ships are part of a flotilla of 3.500, to which must be added the 17.500 tankers who make up all the 100.000 ships that ply the seas.

In order not to leave the maritime domain, remember that the French pleasure craft fleet is around 500.000 units, including 5.000 yachts over 60 meters, and that the most average of these burns around 900 liters of fuel in just one hour. , while the 24% of French households that heat themselves with fuel oil find it difficult to fill their tanks for the winter.
To continue on the path of paranoid schizophrenia, let's take into account the entire fishing fleet and the 4,7 million heavy goods vehicles in transit through France and the thousands of planes that roam the sky.
To complete this little fable, let's not forget the essential agricultural domain where the average energy consumption is 101 liters of fuel per hectare.
1 x
Christophe

Re: Carlos Tavares dismantles the electric car

by Christophe » 30/03/21, 11:24

Carlos Tavarès wrote:because as a car manufacturer I am not audible.

Ah ah ah !! That's a funny one !!! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 30/03/21, 12:02

Ah! yes, the militant anti all that is nuclear, linky all that : Mrgreen: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/St%C3%A9phane_Lhomme

He was right sometimes but not always and rarely for scientific reason.
0 x
LOGIC12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by LOGIC12 » 30/03/21, 13:49

hello Christophe. It is not me who writes, but Carlos Tavarès, big boss of PSA.

It would be nice to be careful. Thank you.
1 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 30/03/21, 14:03

izentrop wrote:Ah! yes, the militant anti all that is nuclear, linky all that ...

0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 30/03/21, 16:19

Christophe wrote:
Carlos Tavarès wrote:because as a car manufacturer I am not audible.

Ah ah ah !! That's a funny one !!! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
+1
With all the government incentives to renew his car, the increasingly strict technical control, the ban on driving in certain large cities only based on the age of the vehicle, to say that the manufacturers are not heard is big making fun of !

I am not pro electric, I also share these concerns regarding the overall environmental impact of these vehicles.
But here I only see the complaints of a boss who sees the disappearance of the good vein of diesel engines which allowed him to make good big margins by selling more expensive vehicles running on less taxed fuel.
I think this text is much more motivated by the drop in sales of diesel vehicles than by ecological concerns.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 30/03/21, 16:28

Petrus wrote:I think this text is much more motivated by the drop in sales of diesel vehicles than by ecological concerns.

I didn't read that he was promoting diesel, on the contrary.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/03/21, 16:54

LOGIC12 wrote:hello Christophe. It is not me who writes, but Carlos Tavarès, big boss of PSA.

It would be nice to be careful. Thank you.

Yes I corrected but everyone understood ... no?

For the others, beware there are 2 separate testimonials, I have put a little back into shape ...
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 30/03/21, 17:48

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:I didn't read that he was promoting diesel, on the contrary.
Christophe wrote:For the others, beware there are 2 separate testimonials, I have put a little back into shape ...

Ah ok, I read in one go thinking it was the same author, the separation was not clear. I also told myself that the manipulation was a bit big.
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 30/03/21, 20:06

we are in total absurdity with this desire to switch to all electric and not only for combustion vehicles. This obviously hides a desire to relaunch nuclear power, which is losing momentum, the only "solution" to increased demand for electricity because it is not renewable energies (which are advancing in small steps) which would provide it. : Cry: : Evil:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "