Solar panels and water heaters

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
srin
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Solar panels and water heaters

by srin » 02/01/21, 16:10

Hello everybody

I have read many discussions on this subject and I wonder about the benefit of changing my current installation.

I currently have a fairly high electricity bill, around € 140 per month for a house where there is an electric water heater, electric hobs, an oven and above all a swimming pool with a heat pump. I live near Dijon. I wonder about investing in solutions to reduce my electricity bill.

I was, at first, gone on a thermodynamic water heater instead of my electric CE. I was then advised to opt instead for a solar water heater with a quote of 6000 €. I would indeed have the contribution of MaprimRénov to the tune of 2000 €.
Considering the lifespan of a solar CE I wonder if it is a profitable investment? Will there always be electricity consumption with such a system? The proposed product is an ENERGIE brand solar CE type CO 250 IS Keymark Solar. Do you have any feedback on this product?

In parallel with this installation, I was offered to install solar panels for self-consumption with the mylight system for a price of 12700 €.
Same question as for the solar water heater, do you think it is a profitable investment knowing that it could perhaps allow my pool heat pump to be self-sufficient in terms of energy.

I have 14 days of withdrawal and I am therefore awaiting your advice. THANK YOU
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Solar panels and water heaters

by Philippe Schutt » 02/01/21, 21:34

Hi,
Electricity consumption of a solar water heater:
we count roughly 250 € per year for 2 people, then 100 € more per additional person.
The impact on your electricity bill is therefore limited and blah for profitability with such an estimate. On the other hand, low-pollution manufacturing and excellent carbon footprint.
Photovoltaic panels
I am not competent. I can just tell you that normally companies do profitability simulations to sell you their systems.

Should also see which equipment consumes the most, how much and when?
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 02/01/21, 21:42

When I invested in my solar water heater, I never looked at it in terms of profitability. I said to myself, (and it will make people laugh, no doubt): "I have the means, it's ecological, I buy". Point bar. Considering the comfort I enjoy (compared to others), I have other things to do than take my head with calculations, forecasts or others. To follow your own philosophy without other considerations, when you can, frankly, it simplifies the existence. : Cheesy:
And then, the more you live in the south, the more sun there is and the more this kind of system saves electricity. Ours works electrically (if necessary) during "off-peak" periods via a timer. In summer, it is often disconnected depending on the weather. No need.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 02/01/21, 22:09

uh we must read the electrical consumption of an electric water heater, not solar obviously ... : Oops:
Sure, GuyGadebois but 6k € seems really excessive to me. Off the cuff, I would have said half.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 03/01/21, 07:54

6000 € for a CESI is far too expensive ... undoubtedly a price artificially inflated because there is a subsidy. I think you can already remove the amount of the subsidy at the low price, ie 4000 € from which you subtract the subsidy that you will receive and you fall on 2000 € which must be an honest final price for such a subsidized installation.
Ask for other quotes because there is a scam ...

For your information, I set up my CESI myself 4 years ago and I had barely 2000 € of material (public price, not pro price ...) and the assembly is not complicated, especially for a pro who has to do this all year round, so even 2000 € of labor is expensive!
http://www.stable-boy.net/index.php?pos ... au-solaire
1 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 03/01/21, 12:04

Philippe Schutt wrote:uh we must read the electrical consumption of an electric water heater, not solar obviously ... : Oops:
Sure, GuyGadebois but 6k € seems really excessive to me. Off the cuff, I would have said half.

Absolutely, I am not talking about the tariff which is excessively inflated by slickers without qualms.
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 03/01/21, 13:29

Big scam as we often find on the net.

Go your way.
€ 12700 for a self-consumption installation : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

These crooks who post everywhere on the net, it would be necessary to recover their coordinates and send them in jail for good.
1 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 03/01/21, 15:39

Hello, Today, given the price of solar thermal installations, it is better to switch to photovoltaic solar power to save money and even make hot water while keeping your electric tank.
Basically the installation is more reliable, simpler, more profitable and can be used to do many other things than solar thermal.
In auto installation it is simple with a return on investment of 2 to 3 years, this breakeven point is generally reached by putting the PV power set on twice the background noise consumption of the house. Around 600W of PV (i.e. 3 to 6 panels), price less than 2000 euros for self-installation.
You will find an outgoing flow controller router to ECS at:
https://www.rouchenergies.fr/galerie-re ... boost.html

Another advantage is that you do not inject anything into the Enedis network (no specific contract) and you optimize your self-consumption by carrying out storage without battery.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 03/01/21, 17:28

lilian07 wrote:Hello, Today, given the price of solar thermal installations, it is better to switch to photovoltaic solar power to save money and even make hot water while keeping your electric tank.
Basically the installation is more reliable, simpler, more profitable and can be used to do many other things than solar thermal.

I agree, today(this was perhaps not true 5 years ago), it seems to me that installing photovoltaic is simpler, cheaper and more relevant than installing thermal, even if it is mainly to do the ECS.
In any case 6000 € (excluding premium) for a 250l installation (I suppose according to the reference) it seems to me like to others overpriced.
On the PV estimate of € 12700, what is the installed power for?
0 x
srin
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by srin » 03/01/21, 17:48

Hello,

It is an installation for 3kWp with the mylight system which allows to manage its self-consumption.
And as you have found, the CES is indeed a 250l installation.

Thanks for your feedback.
I will prepare my recommended and analyze other solutions for my home including photovoltaic and installation by myself knowing that I do not know anything about it at the moment.
0 x