Ban on oil boilers from 2022 and gas in 2021!

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

Ban on oil boilers from 2022 and gas in 2021!

by Christophe » 25/11/20, 09:42

With this covid bullshit I hadn't seen this fundamental information prohibition of oil boilers on new or renovation ... from 2022.

The manufacturers and installers of oil boilers, as well as the oil sellers are going to get the hang of it !!
I can't believe it is applied so early ... (it's not too early but it's extremely fast in the application ...)

Prohibition to install an oil or coal boiler from 2022
Posted on 28 / 07 / 2020 at 11h12

To speed up the phase-out of fossil fuel heating, the installation of oil or coal-fired boilers will be banned from 2022.
To encourage the French to abandon heating with fossil fuels, which is a major source of pollution, the government has decided to prohibit the renewal and installation of new boilers running on oil or coal from 2022. In addition, the he increase in the budget dedicated to subsidies for ecological installations has already been recorded. Update on this measure announced within the framework of the Ecological Defense Council.

Prohibition to install an oil or coal boiler from 2022

On Monday, July 27, 2020, the 5th Ecological Defense Council took place at the Élysée Palace, which brings together the ministers around the theme of the ecological transition.

In 2019, the state gave itself 10 years to completely eliminate oil or coal boilers. Even if they are gradually abandoned in favor of more environmentally friendly systems, there are still around 3,5 million left in France.

In order to speed up the phase-out of fossil fuel heating, the government has just announced the ban on the replacement and installation of new boilers of this type from 2022.

Massive increase in aid

"It is impossible to force households to change their fuel oil or coal boilers by 2022", said the entourage of the Minister of Ecological Transition Barbara Pompili. “We therefore prohibit replacements and new installations: if your oil-fired boiler breaks down tomorrow, you will have to replace it with a heat pump, a gas or pellet boiler. But in no case by such polluting equipment. "

Also, the State intends to support households in their energy transition effort by increasing “very massively” the aid granted for the energy improvement of housing. The eligibility conditions for “Ma Prime Rénov '” will be extended - allowing access to better-off households and landlords - and an additional budget of 2 billion euros will be invested in this context.

Between “My Renovation Premium” and the subsidies obtained thanks to energy saving certificates, the most modest households will be able to benefit from subsidies which will cover 80% of the cost of replacing their oil or coal boiler.

https://demarchesadministratives.fr/act ... ir-de-2022

And for a few days now, this has also concerned gas ... from 2021 !!

Gas heating soon banned in new homes

The new environmental regulations will lead to the exclusion of gas from new homes in France from next year, and from collective housing from 2024. A revolution that darkens the horizon for gas suppliers.

(...)

https://www.lesechos.fr/industrie-servi ... 21-1267599

An FB comment:

"(...) this rule says that gas is, with fuel oil, a fossil fuel, and that it is not on the right side of the barrier for the transition. The next step will obviously be , to bring it down quickly in the existing one.

As this will take a long time to do, it is imperative to give the sector a long-term course (for example prohibiting the replacement of a gas boiler by another gas boiler after 2025 or 2030) in order to provide alternative sectors (in particular the heat pump, but also geothermal energy, heating networks or wood, when it is well used) time to prepare.

In any case, it's a step in the right direction! "

It will be a mess all this ... fortunately the life of a boiler is more than 20 years ...

Now I don't see how the new buildings will be heated without gas or oil ... except by wood and ... nuclear? Must reopen Fessenheim !!

The wood resource is limited and restrictive collectively ... and it is almost impossible to use it as a replacement for gas in an apartment which I think constitutes the largely majority heating ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Ban on oil boilers from 2022 and gas in 2021!

by Macro » 25/11/20, 10:27

And on the other hand we equip trucks with "natural gas"
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 26/11/20, 19:55

Macro wrote:And on the other hand we equip trucks with "natural gas"

Let's say that currently, we cannot run a truck with a heat pump as fuel.

Gas is still less polluting than diesel .... not the best, no doubt, but "less worse".
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 27/11/20, 11:45

But as Christophe says so well .... The Pac ... It works with an energy mix of almost 80% fossil ....
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/11/20, 11:51

Is that so ? Did I say that?

Not for France at least ... if ??
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 27/11/20, 12:32

No, not exactly ... You just talked about reopening fessenheim ... Me, I report what I read on my EDF bill ... Or they write to me that 77% of my electricity is nuclear
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/11/20, 12:46

Bin yes but nothing to do with CO2 or fossil ...

I was just talking about energy supply capacity ...

In 20 years if no oil or gas boiler is running in France ... it will take 20 additional nuclear reactors to supply the electric heating of all homes in France !! (order of magnitude to be verified)

Electricity (with or without a thermodynamic device) is the ONLY alternative to gas / fuel oil with WOOD and wood is rather problematic in grouped habitats ... not only at the level of heating devices but especially at the level of solid fuel that is the wood?

Who has already stored and mounted 3 cubic meters of logs or 1 ton of pellets in an apartment on the 3rd floor without an elevator? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

In short, if these laws are applied, the building permits for new nuclear power plants must be signed within 5 years .... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

In short, rather than purely and simply banning devices, I think it would have been more interesting to work onAlternative "renewable fuels" to gas and fuel oil such as network biogas or synthetic fuel oil from renewable sources !!

Remind me of the former post of the former French prime minister ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 27/11/20, 12:59

In turns ... More precisely in Saint Pierre des Corps ... We have a magnificent industrial biomass boiler which heats a large collective housing area ... Wood waste ... All the state forests of the sector are the object of a requisition of the smallest chip of cut tree ... And originally ... It was even necessary that the private owners of forests declare their intention to cut the smallest tree in order to sell it
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 27/11/20, 13:21

Rectif .... In the community of municipalities of the agglo Tourangelle we have 3 industrial biomass boiler plants for the city of Tours .... 104 tonnes of wood per heating season : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: or approximately (depending on the species) 150 steres of wood .....

Plus another smaller one in Saint Pierre des corps ....

For information ... Me it's been a good ten years that I heat my house with waste vegetable oil unusable in carburetion (recycling waste from guys who run in oil) ... with a modified fuel boiler ( home ball burner then multi-fuel burner) .... I have 1 boiler in advance in stock .... As long as there are resources .... pompafric no thank you ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 27/11/20, 13:40

A little anecdote .... In the last century .... When I was a high school student in a LEGT in central France .... Every day in winter the 4 boilers of the high school burned 33 liters of fuel .... And the heating pipes of the 000rd floors (boarding school and day school) had succeeded ... to freeze : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."