Solar pumping

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Maru
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Solar pumping

by Maru » 15/08/20, 13:41

Bonjour,

I have a question about an installation which is already a minimum of a 13KW pump, the owner wishes to do solar pumping, the flow is 125m3 / d; HMT = 187m.

When I dimensioned the pv installation I found a peak power of 69KWp, it seems illogical to me to keep the pump since the base pump consumes only 13KW.

Do I have to size my pv field according to this pump power or do I have to change the pump altogether?

Thank you for your answers
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Solar pumping

by sicetaitsimple » 15/08/20, 14:19

Not enough data to answer. You speak of 125m3 / d, but still? Over how many hours of operation? Is the current pump running continuously?
In short, what is the hydraulic requirement, a daily volume or an assured flow for X hours per day?

An HMT of 187m is already a lot. What type of use is it?
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 15/08/20, 19:53

Marou wrote:Bonjour,

I have a question about an installation which is already a minimum of a 13KW pump, the owner wishes to do solar pumping, the flow is 125m3 / d; HMT = 187m.

When I dimensioned the pv installation I found a peak power of 69KWp, it seems illogical to me to keep the pump since the base pump consumes only 13KW.

Do I have to size my pv field according to this pump power or do I have to change the pump altogether?

Thank you for your answers

I redid the calculation as follows for the average power over 24 hours:
125 * 1000 * 9.81 * 187/24/3600 = 2600W. With the losses of the pump we are in the 3 kW.
If we pump over 8 hours in solar, we are on 9 KW to raise the 125 m3. The pump can consume 13 kW at start-up, this is normal.

To avoid losing PV power, I would go on 12 kWp of solar (36 panels of 330W) and a 9 KW inverter.

[it's stupid, but it's FORBIDDEN in France to put a 9 KW inverter in self-consumption - Thanks to the nuke lobby. The legal limit is 3 KW and you must register on the ENEDIS portal to make the declaration. Otherwise it is an inverter which does not inject (Fronius or hybrid inverter) and you do not tell anyone - Zero injection on the public network = undetectable]
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 15/08/20, 20:55

ENERC wrote: I would go on 12 kWp of solar (36 panels of 330W) and a 9 KW inverter.

You're leaving too fast! The important thing is first to define the hydraulic requirement and the type of use. If it's irrigation (so in summer) for example, but maybe it's something completely different?
That said, you ask a good question: it is not autonomous? In other words, the network comes in addition when there is not enough sun?
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 15/08/20, 21:21

sicetaitsimple wrote:
ENERC wrote: I would go on 12 kWp of solar (36 panels of 330W) and a 9 KW inverter.

You're leaving too fast! The important thing is first to define the hydraulic requirement and the type of use. If it's irrigation (so in summer) for example, but maybe it's something completely different?
That said, you ask a good question: it is not autonomous? In other words, the network comes in addition when there is not enough sun?

Yes, if it is not connected to the network and it is for agricultural use, in this case it is better to use solar power in support of a generator rather than to start on batteries. But that involves watering during the day, which is not great for water loss.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 15/08/20, 21:33

Let us already let Marou answer the questions asked on the daily hydraulic need and its possible variation during the year, as well as on additional network or not, we will then see if we can provide him with some advice! At least as far as I'm concerned.
0 x