Zoonoses: after Covid-19, leptospirosis!

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Christophe

Zoonoses: after Covid-19, leptospirosis!

by Christophe » 13/06/20, 13:12

Be careful if you bathe with small cuts or sores this summer ...

Leptospirosis, a fatal disease, spreads in France

Leptospirosis is the most common zoonosis in the world with a million cases and 60 000 deaths per year. Since 2014, the number of cases has doubled in mainland France. In France, 600 severe forms are reported each year according to Franceinfo.

> What is leptospirosis?
This disease is a zoonosis, like Covid-19, rabies or zika, it is transmitted by an animal to humans. The main animal affected is the rat. But other mammals can contract leptospirosis, without developing the symptoms. But they can transmit the bacteria.

> How can you catch this disease?
The disease is transmitted by animals, via their urine. A person who bathes in fresh water can get leptospirosis if they have cuts in their skin.

> What are the symptoms?
After incubation which is four to ten days, the disease manifests itself in the majority of cases by signs resembling the flu. If the disease is not diagnosed early enough, the bacteria attacks the liver, kidneys, and sometimes the lungs. In 5 to 20% of cases, leptospirosis is fatal.

> Is there a vaccine?
Yes, but it is intended for the professionals most frequently involved such as sewers or veterinarians because it is necessary to make reminders every two years. In addition, it only protects against the most virulent form of leptospirosis.

> Why is leptospirosis spread?
First of all, more and more people are tested therefore more and more cases detected. However, there are still more people who are exposed, especially through the practice of aquatic sports. Furthermore, climate change also has an important role in this phenomenon, the winters are milder and the bacteria resist better. Finally, the number of rodents has increased in town and in the countryside in recent years.

https://www.lunion.fr/id156271/article/ ... -en-france

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/sante/la-le ... 03303.html
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Zoonoses: after Covid-19, leptospirosis!

by dede2002 » 13/06/20, 18:41

Yes there are a lot of fatal diseases recorded in the world, besides, except accident, it is impossible not to die from a fatal disease, since one cannot even die of old age anymore ...

Of course, you have to be careful, for example in this case do not bathe in dirty water ...
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 13/06/20, 18:47

Distribution France (2008)
2 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/06/20, 19:02

Well at least it's stable since 2014 !!

Thanks for looking Guy! 8)
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 13/06/20, 19:03

You're welcome, I haven't found a newer card.
1 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 14/06/20, 10:48

Attention:

Covid-19 is the name of the infection (disease) https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maladie_%C3%A0_coronavirus_2019
SARS-cov-2 is the name of the virus (before infection) from the “Coronavirus” group https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/SARS-CoV-2

The leptospiroses is a GROUP of infectious diseases caused by bacteria (of the genus Leptospira)

The title of the press article is therefore relatively false it is as if the journalist had said:

" Coronavirus, a deadly disease, spreads in France "

Coronavirus is not a disease, it is a group of viruses.

(Unless you die from a cold ... there are between 40% to 60% of the population to whom SARS-cov-2 has done absolutely nothing and we have all had colds once or other, an infection is a cause of inflammation (reaction of the immune system: without wanting to get too far, in the case of cancers we talk about “oncological fire”, When viruses play with cell division control ... which looks rather “strangely” like certain covid-19 interactions when the immune system over-reacts ... faced with the multiplication of the virus ...)
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 14/06/20, 15:55

In general, all zoonoses seem to develop without anyone really knowing the reasons.
In 1998 I got a kind of bad flu that the drugs couldn't stop because I was diagnosed with the flu.

It was a doctor friend (at Médecin Sans Frontière) who came to see me between 2 missions abroad and who made a somewhat surprising diagnosis: one possible rickettsiosis (also called "Q fever").
He therefore sent me a letter for my treating doctor before setting out again on mission. My doctor did not believe it because at the time there were less than 400 cases in France of this generally tropical pathology, but since I had a letter from a doctor, he had the test done ... that was it!
In a few days with the right antibiotics I was back on my feet, in extremis!

since then I have often seen newspaper articles which spoke of unexplained epidemics of this pathology which was arriving in France, in particular around the Etang de Berre in the Paca region ...
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 14/06/20, 16:20

Grelinette wrote:"Q fever".

I have a girlfriend who has "OQ fever" but it cannot be cured, it is relieved (I'm going out).
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 14/06/20, 17:13

GuyGadebois wrote:
Grelinette wrote:"Q fever".

I have a girlfriend who has "OQ fever" but it cannot be cured, it is relieved (I'm going out).

The "OQ fever" is less dangerous, it is even said that it is rather pleasant!
I haven't had a chance to catch it, I have the other, without the O, it's just a story of O in short ...
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/06/20, 00:15

And one more happy zoonosis: https://www.lunion.fr/id156974/article/ ... -la-france arrived in France for a few years ... in addition to boreliosis ... this tick can transmit to humans a cousin of ebola ... : Shock:

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fi%C3%A8v ... A9e-Congom

Fatal hemorrhagic fever

If this tick is not dangerous for animals, it can however be formidable for humans. It can indeed carry the Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus which can prove to be fatal.

“Hyalomma marginatum, which appreciates hot and arid zones, extends more and more in the Mediterranean region. Farmers who were not affected call us to report that it is now present and in number! "Explains Frédéric Stachurski at Midi Libre. This tick could have arrived in France during horse and cattle exchanges with Spain.
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "