Actual consumption of a modern truck

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Actual consumption of a modern truck

by Christophe » 08/06/20, 10:51

Image found on facebook, the actual consumption of a modern truck 40/44 Tons of international road traffic:

conso_camion.jpg
conso_camion.jpg (72.69 KB) Viewed 6830 times

We are therefore at 42,5 L per 100 km ... to move 40 or even 44 Tons ... i.e. consumption per 100km. Ton from 0.97 to 1.1 L / 100.Tonne.

The best cars at 4L / 100 real for 1,5 Tons are at best at 2.5 L / 100.Tons .... well the average speed of a car is closer to 45 km / H than 35 km / h. ..it prevents a truck is more efficient than a car ... But we already knew it!

The calculations are done with the total mass, if we talk about useful mass, the advantage of trucks is even more interesting!
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Actual consumption of a modern truck

by Ahmed » 08/06/20, 12:40

if we talk about useful mass, the advantage of trucks is even more interesting

Except that we have never seen a useful mass walking around without the "useless" mass! : Mrgreen:
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/06/20, 12:51

Of course ... I just want to say that the payload / useless ratio is much more favorable for trucks ...because much greater than 1 where any car is much less than 1!

Provided the trucks are well loaded and do not run empty (rare enough I think ...)
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 08/06/20, 16:19

Christophe wrote:Of course ... I just want to say that the payload / useless ratio is much more favorable for trucks ...because much greater than 1 where any car is much less than 1!

Provided the trucks are well loaded and do not run empty (quite rare I think ...)

We saw on TV (chai more than channel / show), a few months ago, a report that said the opposite with a huge proportion of trucks running almost empty !!!!
The "explanation" coming from the fact, that it was cheaper than storage ..... : Shock:
1 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 08/06/20, 16:30

Especially since it is precisely the trucks that serve as a warehouse because of the just-in-time strategies ...
The carriers manage to always have a load, as far as possible, but due to the scattering of deliveries, the trucks are far from always at full capacity. This is valid for the (or the, we will not be sectarian!) Semi "Savoyard" type which has imposed itself as a standard, but for semi specialized (s), it is more difficult to obtain a return...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/06/20, 17:05

Flytox wrote:
Christophe wrote:Of course ... I just want to say that the payload / useless ratio is much more favorable for trucks ...because much greater than 1 where any car is much less than 1!

Provided the trucks are well loaded and do not run empty (quite rare I think ...)

We saw on TV (chai more than channel / show), a few months ago, a report that said the opposite with a huge proportion of trucks running almost empty !!!!
The "explanation" coming from the fact, that it was cheaper than storage ..... : Shock:

oops ... : Oops:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 08/06/20, 19:44

At the place where I work ... The trucks do almost nothing but the pendular return trip empty ... their average consumption is 33 liters / 100 ... 44 tonnes in one direction, 13 tonnes in the other. .
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Did67

by Did67 » 08/06/20, 22:21

Provided the trucks are well loaded and do not run empty (rare enough I think ...)

We could put our cars on trucks !!!! It would be another form of carpooling, right?

All that remains is to import Australian "road-trains" ...
1 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 08/06/20, 22:59

Bonsoir
Did67 wrote:

We could put our cars on trucks !!!! It would be another form of carpooling, right?

All that remains is to import Australian "road-trains" ...

For electric cars that have autonomy problems it will be good : Idea:
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 09/06/20, 00:22

Christophe wrote:The best cars at 4L / 100 real for 1,5 Tons are at best at 2.5 L / 100.Tons .... well the average speed of a car is closer to 45 km / H than 35 km / h. ..it prevents a truck is more efficient than a car ... But we already knew it!

Okay for the calculations,

Where it is discussed a little, it is not made for the same thing. And especially trucks often drive empty or lightly loaded ... unfortunately on the highway, most of the consumption of a truck is aerodynamics.

Loading cars on trucks is a big bin to bring them together, and another big bin to bring them down to different places. it has already been attempted with piggybacking, and it is not easy.

In reality the good paradigm would rather be to think about avoiding unnecessary trips ... : roll:
1 x