Solar heating upgrade

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
gaetan_p
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Solar heating upgrade

by gaetan_p » 07/06/20, 21:01

Hello,

I have thermal panels (4m2) which supply a 500 l accumulator (DHW + heating), the rest being covered by a gas boiler supplied by a 4m3 tank buried in my garden.
I want to get rid of my gas boiler and replace it with a renewable source. The simplest solution, which is recommended to me, would be a heat pump, but since I have thermal solar panels, the heat pump will be used mainly in winter, when its performance is at its lowest, which means that I will heat my water mainly with electricity in winter.
Another (more complicated) idea would be to upgrade my solar panels (4m2 -> 20-25m2) and change my current stove to a hydro stove for DHW in winter, but above all I have to store more water (2-3 m3),.

The problem concerns the 2-3 m3 of water. The room that houses the current 400l accumulator cannot store a much larger volume, and I have no other room. I then thought of the space freed up by the tank, and I wonder if it is possible (and efficient) to bury the DHW accumulator, powered by solar panels and the stove, with insulation adequate. There are a lot of pipes going in and out, and there should be easy access if needed; all this makes me think that it is not easy, if not possible, to have a buried accumulator, but would someone be aware of such an installation, or a system that I do not know?

Thank you for your advice.
--
Gaëtan
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Solar heating upgrade

by A.D. 44 » 07/06/20, 23:30

Hello,

Before installing 25 m2 of solar panels ... It may be necessary to determine the needs ... as well as the possibility of installing this collection surface.

If it is to put all of this almost flat (or with a very low inclination) for low needs, it may not be very interesting.

Then installation diagrams, there are many, really many.
0 x
gaetan_p
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by gaetan_p » 08/06/20, 14:49

Hello,

The need is to heat as much water as possible with the sun to build up a reserve and delay the later in the fall when to light the stove to heat the DHW. We are 4 people in a house of 160m2, built in 2006, underfloor heating.
My roof is large enough to accommodate 20-25m2 of panels, its slope is 50% (26 °) in south-east exposure, and in winter, we are regularly above the fog. It is this same roof which currently contains the 4m2 of panels.

Is this data sufficient to develop a plan?
0 x
Thursday63
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Thursday63 » 06/12/20, 06:48

Hello,

Just a return to solar thermal heating. I have just installed it on 2 sites and it is very interesting.

First of all, you can easily heat 160M². For my part, I heat 340M² at an altitude of 850 meters (Puy-de-Dôme)! We installed a heated floor on the ground floor and radiators on the floors with my company http://www.monhabitatpositif.com.

The comfort is impressive :D . The temperature is 22 ° in most rooms with -5 ° C outside. We have coupled this solar heating with a hydro wood insert and an electric resistance boiler (3kwa). This house should be independent in heating and hot water for about 85% of the year and 99% with the wood insert.

If you have any questions do not hesitate.

Stephane WEBER
My Positive Habitat
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 06/12/20, 08:56

Hello,

A few small questions:

How many people live in this 340m2?

What surface of panels is there?

With what inclination?

Thank you
0 x
Thursday63
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Thursday63 » 06/12/20, 10:09

Hello,

The house is an old renovated Auvergne barn. They are 5 to live in 340M². They can be much more numerous depending on the time of year.

There are 20M² of panels and the orientation is due south at about 22 ° (slight slope). It is therefore not ideal, but it still works very well.
0 x

Back to "Solar thermal: solar collectors CESI, heating, hot water, stoves and solar cookers"