Machiavelli: the return

philosophical debates and companies.
Grald
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Machiavelli: the return

by Grald » 21/03/20, 09:31

MACHIAVEL "He who controls people's fear becomes the master of their souls."

and to drive the point home I quote: from memory atali: "to accelerate the establishment of a globalist state nothing beats a pandemic"

I hope this is not the case because it will not be beautiful.
Otherwise, once burnt micron will pass its false nose to socialo-green $ (which I do not confuse with the green).
After all who imposed this type on us if not the socialos.

Edit, addition of Attali text in image:

Attali_2009_Pandemie.png
Attali_2009_Pandemie.png (68.41 KB) Viewed 4456 times
1 x
Christophe

Re: Machiavelli: the return

by Christophe » 21/03/20, 11:17

grald wrote:and to drive the point home I quote: from memory atali: "to accelerate the establishment of a globalist state nothing beats a pandemic"

You were not far: https://www.breizh-info.com/2020/03/17/ ... -pandemie/

When Jacques Attali mentioned “the establishment of a world government” resulting from a pandemic

(...)

History teaches us that humanity evolves significantly only when it is really afraid: it then first sets up defense mechanisms; sometimes intolerable (scapegoats and totalitarianisms); sometimes futile (distraction); sometimes effective (therapeutic, discarding if necessary all the previous moral principles). Then, once the crisis is over, it transforms these mechanisms to make them compatible with individual freedom, and to include them in a democratic health policy.

The beginning pandemic could trigger one of these structuring fears.

If it is not more serious than the two previous fears linked to a risk of pandemic (the mad cow crisis of 2001 in Great Britain and that of the avian flu of 2003 in China), it will first have significant economic consequences (fall in air transport, fall in tourism and oil prices); it will cost approximately $ 2 million per person infected and will depress the stock markets by approximately 15%; its impact will be very brief (the Chinese growth rate only declined during the second quarter of 2003, only to explode upward in the third); it will also have organizational consequences (in 2003, very rigorous police measures were taken throughout Asia; the World Health Organization set up global alert procedures; and certain countries, in particular France and Japan, have built up considerable stocks of medicines and masks).

If it is a little more serious, which is possible, since it is transmissible by humans, it will have truly planetary consequences: economic (the models suggest that this could lead to a loss of 3 trillion dollars, or a 5% drop in world GDP) and political (because of the risk of contagion, the countries of the North will have an interest in those of the South not being sick and they will have to make sure that the poorest have access to medicines today 'stored for the wealthiest only); a major pandemic will then raise, better than any humanitarian or ecological discourse, the awareness of the need for altruism, at least interested.

And, even if, as we obviously hope, this crisis is not very serious, we must not forget, as for the economic crisis, to learn the lessons, so that before the next, inevitable, we put in place prevention and control mechanisms and logistical processes for the equitable distribution of drugs and vaccines. To do this, we will have to set up a global police force, a global repository and therefore a global tax system. We will then come, much faster than economic reason alone, to lay the foundations of a real world government. It was moreover with the hospital that the establishment of a real state began in France in the XNUMXth century.

In the meantime, we could at least hope for the implementation of a real European policy on the subject. But here again, as on so many other subjects, Brussels is silent.

(...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/03/20, 11:23

0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 21/03/20, 11:39

Wouldn't it be paradoxical for the consequence to be only in the increase of something which lies in the domain of the cause? In any case, this is not the only possible scenario and a nationalist withdrawal could also satisfy this requirement.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Grald
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Grald » 21/03/20, 15:23

I think that the nationalist withdrawal will last as long as it lasts and will be temporary ... and much less dangerous than "the other" which will be almost unbeatable ... until its implosion (nothing is immutable and the change is one of the laws of life)
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 21/03/20, 19:19

grald wrote:I think that the nationalist withdrawal will last as long as it lasts and will be temporary ...

"to be a passenger" is to last as long as it lasts. : Cheesy:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 21/03/20, 19:54

Yeah! We know when it starts, not when it ends ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/03/20, 19:59

Ahmed wrote:Yeah! We know when it starts, not when it ends ...

Is it like love? : Cheesy:

Yes i opened my beers : Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 21/03/20, 20:03

Is it like love?

Well, no, it lasts longer ... In fact, it's more comparable to disenchantment ... : Wink:
0 x
Grald
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Grald » 22/03/20, 13:35

I do not see why this fear (again one) of nationalism because there is no longer a nation in the 'patriotic' sense, apart from a small minority
0 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"