3D printer and health ... A marvelous technological breakthrough, but beware of the risks!

Forum dedicated to 3D printing: 3D printing technologies (fdm, lcd, sla ...), hardware, software, slicers, settings, use, database, model exchange, tips and tricks, optimization, exchange of experiences...
exhibits
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

3D printer and health ... A marvelous technological breakthrough, but beware of the risks!

by exhibits » 11/09/20, 12:38

wonderful technological breakthrough, but it should be noted that the strong growth of three-dimensional (3D) printing for many applications generates specific risks:
- Chemical risks: emissions of fine particles, volatile organic compounds, harmful gases linked to 3D printers and their various technologies.
- Risk of burns, electric shocks and fire: the melting of plastic by means of heat or a laser requires a lot of heat and electrical energy.
pay attention to the risk prevention of three-dimensional (3D) printing! “: http://www.officiel-prevention.com/form ... dossid=573
1 x
Christophe

Re: 3D printer and health ... A marvelous technological advance, but beware of the risks!

by Christophe » 11/09/20, 13:18

Very good subject, thank you for creating it! I had it in mind for a few weeks since I bought, for my professional projects, a 405 nm UV photosensitive resin LCD SLA printer ...

The article is also good but it deserves to go into a little more technical details (see my personal remark below)

Frankly considering the smell and the sanitary measures (mask, glove ...) to be used when handling the resin and the freshly printed objects ... I think it is a beautiful crap for the health ... Obviously the surgical masks provided are insufficient to stop VOCs or PAHs ...

And, apart from these tips, there is STRICTLY NO health indication on the resin bottles (tested 2 different brands ...) nor even an indication of composition ... In short, we sell products that the user does not has no idea what it is ... I find it quite strange in a world of "zero health risk" ...

So I could illustrate this topic with photos of my experiences ... if you have any ideas? :D
1 x
Flytox

Re: 3D printer and health ... A marvelous technological advance, but beware of the risks!

by Flytox » 12/09/20, 15:25

exposes wrote:wonderful technological breakthrough, but it should be noted that the strong growth of three-dimensional (3D) printing for many applications generates specific risks:
- Chemical risks: emissions of fine particles, volatile organic compounds, harmful gases linked to 3D printers and their various technologies.
- Risk of burns, electric shocks and fire: the melting of plastic by means of heat or a laser requires a lot of heat and electrical energy.
pay attention to the risk prevention of three-dimensional (3D) printing! “: http://www.officiel-prevention.com/form ... dossid=573

Indeed, the risks of 3D printer technology are "well" identified / codified for workers ... subject to HSE (Safety Health Environment) obligations. For the private individual, too often completely unaware for his safety, all the instructions become in fact "optional", all the risk warnings do not oblige to anything, for the way of using the material / products (especially not the seller). ... and are therefore very little respected. This can be very dangerous for individuals ....

The "best" will soon follow when 3D printers for metals hit the market. There with the fine allergenic and / or toxic particles without effective / cleanable confined spaces .... we will count the deaths .... but we must let the market do .... : Shock: : Evil:
1 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 12/09/20, 15:48

Look original indeed ...

I have an Ender 3 which runs almost 24 hours a day and no worries.

I innovated a little by turning the carpet (undetectable subject) and by taking covers (a little icy but not too much) of magazine (motorcycle) and extreme vivelle dop ...

Otherwise it is a fairly simple mechanism which is interesting.

I didn't know there were dangers in using it.

She is not in the house and she turns in the chalet.
If she could poison the dormice Image it would be good.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/09/20, 15:16

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:I have an Ender 3 which runs almost 24 hours a day and no worries.

I innovated a little by turning the carpet (undetectable subject) and by taking covers (a little icy but not too much) of magazine (motorcycle) and extreme vivelle dop ...

Nothing understood about your innovation! : Mrgreen:

What do you do with work for which runs H24?

I have a tronxy x5sa-pro 500 for 2 months: 3d-printers / tronxy-x5sa-500-pro-improvement-z-axis-how-to-paste-a-toothed-belt-t16537.html
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 13/09/20, 15:24

Christophe wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:I have an Ender 3 which runs almost 24 hours a day and no worries.

Nothing understood about your innovation! : Mrgreen:

What do you do with work for which runs H24?

I have a tronxy x5sa-pro 500 for 2 months: 3d-printers / tronxy-x5sa-500-pro-improvement-z-axis-how-to-paste-a-toothed-belt-t16537.html

Well, I don't have a carpet ... I don't know the trendy name we give to that anymore.

I make anti slug molds
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/09/20, 15:41

Yes I understood that you were talking about the plateau ... but it's your improvement that I don't understand ...

A photo can be ??
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 13/09/20, 17:04

Christophe wrote:Yes I understood that you were talking about the plateau ... but it's your improvement that I don't understand ...

A photo can be ??

Oh no it's not an “innovation” in the strict sense ... just a weirdness to have a paper tray
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/09/20, 20:56

Ok and how do you fix the sheet and manage to avoid the deformation of the paper when it moves?
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 14/09/20, 00:41

Christophe wrote:Ok and how do you fix the sheet and manage to avoid the deformation of the paper when it moves?

Ben with the tweezers
0 x