Printer 3D [general debate interests technologies]

Forum dedicated to 3D printing: 3D printing technologies (fdm, lcd, sla ...), hardware, software, slicers, settings, use, database, model exchange, tips and tricks, optimization, exchange of experiences...
turbi
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Printer 3D [general debate interests technologies]

by turbi » 27/07/11, 12:23

Hello,

Despite my very limited knowledge in the field, I allow myself to open this topic on 3D printers. I find that these extraordinary machines are a little too forgotten. Yet they are becoming more accessible to everyone thanks to more and more kits, and also thanks to the fact that they have now entered the Open Source system.

Here are some 3D printer addresses to build yourself ... It must also exist in French ...

http://reprap.org/wiki/Main_Page
http://www.springwise.com/style_design/makerbot/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUB1WgiAFHg

And that's what we can do with: It's amazing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7h09dTV ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnB8vFc1 ... re=related
http://aegm.uqam.ca/imprimante-3d/

There are many other examples ...

This subject interests me particularly for my personal projects (see the turbicone). But I hope that it also interests many others for a lot of reasons ...

So if you have something to say on this subject, thanks in advance ...

Yves

Edit by Christophe, August 2013:

An 3D printer is available on the econological store: https://www.econologie.com/shop/impriman ... p-511.html (Franco de Port)

0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/07/11, 13:36

Even before the 3D, it is also useful to make 2D, to write and draw with ink more than 100 times cheaper than the cartridges of usual printer hyper protected by chips!
A liter of ink equals the price of a cartridge !!!
0 x
turbi
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

printer 3D

by turbi » 27/07/11, 18:11

Hello dedeleco,
Obviously, 3D printers are not at all for the same thing as 2D printers. It is about making objects, not writing text, or drawings on a sheet of paper. We no longer speak of ink, but of powders, plastics and other materials which materialize in layers at the time of "writing".
The example of the key given in this video is still quite surprising:
http://aegm.uqam.ca/imprimante-3d/

To take advantage of such a function, it is nevertheless normal to pay the source material more expensive than ink. But when we compare the result obtained with other means of prototyping, it is not very expensive.

Yves
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/07/11, 21:53

Hello Turbi,
Nice, especially the worm that works and made in situ!

But if I want to dismantle my plumbing or boiler with this plastic key, I think it will break before unscrewing the nuts!

Well for prototype !!
0 x
turbi
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

printer 3D

by turbi » 28/07/11, 01:26

Yes dedeleco it will break with your boiler if you use low-end models ...

However, with machines of this kind, but much more sophisticated, NASA can send the digital file of a part to be made to a unit that evolves in space. In this case the produced tool will be solid and usable. It's very loud, is not it?

For my part, I'm interested in cheap machines that are found in kit. It is surely not with them that one can make very solid tools. But it evolves quietly even at this level ...

See you

Yves
0 x
Pascal HA PHAM
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

the 3D printer of my friend Nicolas

by Pascal HA PHAM » 28/07/11, 21:03

Hello Yves,

Great to have opened a discussion on this very interesting topic.

Hey ... confidences ...:
A few kms from my home lives a young erudi researcher who has just built one from A to Z started about 2 years ago: I saw him begin ... doubt, galèrer then completely explode the technology following a logic and a disconcerting relevance: to the day of today it already makes 3 D copies in special cement (hollow proofs), the repository is managed by a computer which controls many motive elements to ensure the good dynamic positioning, in continuous, of the injection tools along the x, y and Z axes after a program that it codes itself.

IT'S FANTASTIC ! :

At last I saw him pull out a crowbar 1 very good bill: it only remained to equalize and sand some roughness and burrs.

the next step (final step) will be the addition of a laser scan of the contours of the part to be reproduced in order to automatically communicate to the system the series of form codes (ordered from all points of the test according to 3D).

its purpose is to reproduce a human body standing (for example) in 3 maximum lengths with a machine that should not exeder 1m x 1m x 1m off all ....

he will get there as he left (the hard part is done).
what courage!

as soon as he agrees to talk / publish, I think he will come to fair on Econology
"what a crazy team we are"

see you soon

Pascal
0 x
All around my work, full videos on the web:
https://www.google.fr/webhp?source=sear ... 80&bih=672
turbi
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

3 printer

by turbi » 29/07/11, 05:42

Hi Pascal,

Good to see you here again.

I think you already told me about this neighbor who made a 3D printer. But at that moment I did not really understand what it was. Fortunately, there are such precursors. Now that I'm starting to see what we can do with it, I realize I've lost a lot of time. This is the natural complement of some of our projects: Turbicone, ZZ1, ZZ2, ...

In fact, as soon as you have a digital model compatible with the formats recognized by these machines, the trick is almost played. But Blender, my favorite tool for drawing machines (Open Source, so free), knows perfectly export in these formats ...

The problem that remains is the high cost of such a commercial machine. For me an HP or other 15000 $ to make some impressions is excluded.

But here it is ... It is becoming easier to make it yourself. We can find plans more and more easily (in open source too, so free). And often they also indicate where to get the pieces. And we can access forums where you can find help ... There are even complete kits that assemble quite quickly. The costs are then much more affordable: the lowest around $ 1000.

It remains to look at the quality ... And it's not so obvious.
For my part it has become a project that I will take my time to realize. My main goal is to manufacture myself (or with a team if I find partners) prototypes of our machines with prints in one pass ...

The evolution of these machines seems pretty fast. Waiting a bit can be beneficial ...

I know we can also submit his models to companies that do the work ... But we can consider this step when the model is well sided at home with his own machine ...

That's where I am.

Pascal, what surprises me about your neighbor is that he attacks the impression of the human body. It's still a big piece! But from the moment we have a machine big enough, why not? It is necessary on the numerical models obtained by scans or drawing 3D.

see you soon

Yves
0 x
Pascal HA PHAM
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

new prospecting fields

by Pascal HA PHAM » 29/07/11, 07:31

Hello Yves,
I must now limit myself in the scope of my posts so that it goes correctly through the key (as Raymond mentions behind the scenes = pay attention to the overall cost of the thing & large publication volumes are almost prohibited).
super still a key 3G: I discovered that I can read and post extra simple and autonomous anytime and from anywhere: on the edge of the seine for example .... from a portable computer 3 nothing but! ... gasp but it is not fast at all (I already think of something else ... but shut!)
if not :
it's a shame that during your last visit to France, we didn't have time to go see this brilliant investor of a new type of 3 D printer, which will surprise more than one because of these large-scale model duplication capabilities "who can do the most can do the least" ...
.... and one day it will be effective to reproduce our spherical machines .... I am convinced.
go good luck I let you invent / create another project (hum I feel that there are things in the air!)

pascal
0 x
All around my work, full videos on the web:

https://www.google.fr/webhp?source=sear ... 80&bih=672
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 29/07/11, 09:14

it's very handy for making resin models in the casting or foundry industry. Before we spoke to a sculptor who finds himself a little unemployed ...
0 x
perplex
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: 3 Printer

by perplex » 29/07/11, 15:25

Turbi wrote:The evolution of these machines seems pretty fast. Waiting a bit can be beneficial ...

Hi turbi,

In fact it's a bit my part I'm a craftsman cloner at my hours, but there are now companies that make you your model for a few hundred euros in 24 h with a good file and following the volume.

The problem are the curves, a sphere for example will be difficult to achieve, there will be a lot of sanding, unless you go to a supplier who has machines> 100 €, and your sphere is almost perfect, but you still feel the difference in the layers slightly on your fingernail. But you will only have one model that will be difficult to use mechanically directly, you will have to go through the molding box, (taking the impression with silicone), and then duplication in more or less resistant resin depending on what you want to do with it .

I am like you, I would like to have one, but the requests are very disparate:Image
coffee bean

at the footprint of a tractor tire.

I started to attack the human body too, but I'm not sure of the model : Mrgreen:

I think that the purchase is still reserved for design offices with some means.

I'll be curious to see the machine of Pascal's boyfriend that interests me.
0 x
The world is perfect !!!