Analyze your water consumption and costs

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Analyze your water consumption and its costs

by chatelot16 » 05/12/16, 20:39

ssf2013 wrote:Hello,

There is a trick to save water: an aerator reducer. Thanks to this system we can make significant savings and participate in an ecological approach. It allows up to 50% water savings on our taps without loss of comfort.

To be placed directly on the tap, the water saver is very discreet and makes it possible to reduce the water flow and thus your consumption.

So think about it!

for me this kind of aerator is stupid ... if I want to fill a 2 liter pan this aerator limiting flow will only serve me to waste time with a slower filling

this kind of flow restrictor aerator is only used for those who wash their hands under flowing water, which is stupid! when we want to save water we fill a basin, and we use the water several times before throwing it away

at my house the water from the washing machine is used several times, the drain does not go to the sewer but in a tank outside the house where it is used for coarse cleaning

I only use rainwater! it should not be wasted and yet I modified my washing machine so that it no longer fills the tub, because at home you have to wash dirty laundry! in its original state it saved so much water that it only washed clean linen ... dirty linen had to be washed several times! false economy
0 x
Christophe

Re: Analyze your water consumption and its costs

by Christophe » 09/12/16, 00:45

chatelot16 wrote:for me this kind of aerator is stupid ... if I want to fill a 2 liter pan this aerator limiting flow will only serve me to waste time with a slower filling

this kind of flow restrictor aerator is only used for those who wash their hands under flowing water, which is stupid! when we want to save water we fill a basin, and we use the water several times before throwing it away

In the shower it works doubly (water price + water heating price) ... and not just a little!

See this small comparison of shower flow rates with a "mist": water-pumping-filtration / debit-reel-heads-de-shower-economic-in-water-t12498.html

"Normal" hand shower (= distributed jet): 13.3 L / min
"Karcher" hand shower (= central jet): 10.4 L / min
"Misting" hand shower: 6.3 L / min

Zenithal: 17.6 L / min

In short we can save 3 times the water flow (for the same comfort) by using misting ....

Source: water-pumping-filtration / debit-reel-heads-de-shower-economic-in-water-t12498-10.html # p257558
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "