Do I need to renovate my roof?

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
Julien1130
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Do I need to renovate my roof?

by Julien1130 » 25/05/21, 14:17

Hello;
I notice that there is more and more green moss and cracks on my roof, my house is a little awake

Should I call a professional for a renovation or just need to clean my roof?
0 x
Christophe

Re: Should I renovate my roof?

by Christophe » 25/05/21, 14:33

Hi and welcome,

Do you have pictures?

On a synthetic or mineral roof *, the foam is not really a problem except the aesthetics (sometimes it's better with!) ... the cracks on the other hand ??? What do you mean ?

* = imputrécible
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 25/05/21, 18:22

I bet that in his answer he gives us a link to a roof defoamer or other such scam (with the same nickname or as if by chance, with another ...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/05/21, 18:29

I was also thinking about it ... but let's wait to see his answer ... if there is an answer (since you have unmasked him) ...
0 x
Julien1130
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Julien1130 » 03/06/21, 11:40

Christophe wrote:Hi and welcome,

Do you have pictures?

On a synthetic or mineral roof *, the foam is not really a problem except the aesthetics (sometimes it's better with!) ... the cracks on the other hand ??? What do you mean ?

* = imputrécible

I have no photo yet but thank you for your answer, it reassures me for the foam.
Otherwise for the cracks it is small cracks on the ceiling of the bedroom on the top floor I know if there is a link with the roof.
0 x
Julien1130
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Julien1130 » 03/06/21, 11:42

Forhorse wrote:I bet that in his answer he gives us a link to a roof defoamer or other such scam (with the same nickname or as if by chance, with another ...)

Bet lost, I signed up to simply get information
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/06/21, 12:51

Julien1130 wrote:Otherwise for the cracks it is small cracks on the ceiling of the bedroom on the top floor I know if there is a link with the roof.

So on the plasterboard? No big deal! The waterproofing is done by the roof not by the ceiling!
0 x
Julien1130
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Julien1130 » 07/06/21, 10:14

Christophe wrote:
Julien1130 wrote:Otherwise for the cracks it is small cracks on the ceiling of the bedroom on the top floor I know if there is a link with the roof.

So on the plasterboard? No big deal! The waterproofing is done by the roof not by the ceiling!

Yes on the ceiling, what could be the cracks on the ceiling?
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 07/06/21, 10:40

If false ceiling in plasterboard:

- Poorly made metal frame (rails too far apart or directly screwed to the frame without hanger to gain height) when the frame is working the plates force and the joints crack
- Jointing of plates badly done (with the wrong product, or with tears)
- system without tape (a real shit) with a reputed solid jointing filler .... If it is applied well .... But it is very complicated to install correctly so many amateur handymen do them with glue .. ..choice which turns out to be catastrophic in the medium term

I have also seen smart people who have fun fixing insulating complexes (plasterboard + styrodur or plasterboard + compressed wool) directly under the rafters with long screws + washer .... In my opinion a total aberation ... The sellers of materials are ready for anything to repackage their crap ...

If false ceiling in plasterboard ... Ben ... It's cracking ....

You can also have a ceiling coated with plaster on lath .... It also cracks ... But this is more serious: rotten slats (puffs by worms) the joist above the ceiling is undoubtedly devoured too. ...

For having done work in my two successive houses and in 3 or 4 others of my family .... I could only advise you to have your roof and your frame inspected by a real professional before attacking anything. 'other ... Because the roof is the life of the building ...
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 07/06/21, 11:18

Julien1130 wrote:Hello;
I notice that there is more and more green moss and cracks on my roof, my house is a little awake

Should I call a professional for a renovation or just need to clean my roof?

The moss suggests hints of a wetland conducive to lichens (fungi that feed on water and humus carried by wind and rain.

The cracks suggest the opposite: a retraction, therefore a drier environment (a regularly humid ceiling, would have a halo in the wet zone). It can also be indices of expansion or movement of the ground modifying the foundation of the building, for example these 2 combined causes can be expressed by the fact that the wood also “works”.

Whatever the signs, all elements of a construction must be examined regularly (at least once a year) to correct any faults in order to avoid extremely high costs subsequently (and / or remove the causes of evil)
0 x

Back to "Renovation, construction and real estate work: help, advice and methods ..."