youtube comment washer

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

youtube comment washer

by SebastianL » 22/01/23, 10:43

Hello,

I would like to know your opinion on the moderation of youtube comments, your experiences.

Personally, I am surprised by the fairly hazardous deletion without notice, without breaching the general condition of use.

I have noticed for a while now that comments with html links are automatically dropped, by default, on youtube channels.
From afar, it looks like these comments are asking for explicit approval from the channel owner and the effective result is that it goes to waste. No error msg, you have to guess but it's not the death of democracy.

More problematic, I have noticed for a while that a slightly constructed msg can be hidden and if you try to put it on another channel with a minor modification, it automatically skips it's quite curious, we could think of automated state censorship.
There is like a keyword analysis contained in a msg that they don't like (the question is whose?) and that if you repost it elsewhere, bam delete it automatically and without notice. You can nevertheless post a completely banal message and there it goes so it's not the owner of the channel who is targeting you...
The trick that works strangely is to write a message "in the mould", refresh the page to check that it is still there and modify it to add what you wanted to say at the start... there the message remains very often! As if that would mess up the filtering algorithm of your initial "junk" message for I don't know who.

I'm talking about this because I too often hear that thanks to the internet democracy is more solid, at my level of user experience I would say that there is total control and that the revolution will take place elsewhere : Mrgreen:

Here is if you have suspicious experiences with social networks, which contravene the normal conditions of use, the debate is open : Cheesy:
1 x
Christophe

Re: Youtube comment washer

by Christophe » 22/01/23, 10:50

I couldn't help you, I must have posted 5 youtube comments in my life...

But if it's the same doxa as with the videos...and the same functioning as on facebook...necessarily it sucks!

We have a fairly complete topic on this problem of oriented moderation: electricity-electronic-computing / censorship-covid-de-facebook-youtube-ras-le-bol-t16530.html
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"