Stairlift

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Stairlift

by phil59 » 08/01/23, 01:18

Not knowing where to put, I put here.

For my father, it's starting to become very complicated to climb the stairs, and I'm wondering about stairlifts.

A priori, there would be something like €10, and I don't see why he would have help to do it, because on the ground floor, in addition to the kitchen, there is a dining room, and a living room, enough to make a bedroom on the ground floor.

I looked on LBC, and there are "plenty" for sale.

Of course, I think it's hard to tailor more or less, but he must have a way to adapt...

Has anyone already tried?
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: stairlift

by Macro » 09/01/23, 10:58

There are some that we tried .... They had problems : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/23, 11:15

Macro wrote:There are some that we tried .... They had problems : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

I see that we have the same references! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/23, 11:19

phil59 wrote:Not knowing where to put, I put here.

For my father, it's starting to become very complicated to climb the stairs, and I'm wondering about stairlifts.

A priori, there would be something like €10, and I don't see why he would have help to do it, because on the ground floor, in addition to the kitchen, there is a dining room, and a living room, enough to make a bedroom on the ground floor.

I looked on LBC, and there are "plenty" for sale.

Of course, I think it's hard to tailor more or less, but he must have a way to adapt...

Has anyone already tried?

So I had seen a report a few years ago and I was surprisingly surprised at the price of...domestic elevators : for 10 to 15k€ you can install a turnkey one. It was fairly classy models of memory (glass walls...).

This adds a nice added value to the house unlike the stairlift that adds a loss of value (often dismantled if house bought by a young couple...that's why you find plenty of them on LBC)

Depending on the architecture, the lift can be interior or exterior!

A 10k€ stairlift is clearly gerontophile exploitation! : Evil:

ps: prices have probably changed since... on the way up! : Mrgreen: But hey, it's a track to study I think, it all depends on the architecture...
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 09/01/23, 11:30

phil59 wrote:on the ground floor, in addition to the kitchen, there is a dining room, and a living room, enough to make a bedroom on the ground floor.
The solution is all found.

It is better to invest in a small bathroom/WC adapted to the wheelchair, than these gadgets that the person with loss of autonomy may no longer be able to use in a few days.
Key heating savings if the floor is no longer used. It's just an opinion : Wink:
1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 09/01/23, 11:38

From what I saw, it's 3000€, if the staircase is "straight", 7000€ if a bend, and 3000€ of MO.

That's why I said €10, it's an estimate, an estimate will be made.

And so far, I haven't been able to convince them to move their bedroom downstairs.

The elevators, on the other hand, require a technical visit at least once a year, I had also looked.

I remember a report "at the little rapporteur" by Pierre Bonte, where a guy had himself made a "monte grandma" : Lol:

For my father, it's not "the mechanical part" that no longer follows, but the breath.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 09/01/23, 11:38

For me no better than izentrop...

It is better to invest in a real viable structure for a PMR on the ground floor rather than having fun tinkering and maintaining something that will only be of temporary use anyway...
2 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 09/01/23, 11:46

The person I replaced at my job...Made one at home with a forklift fork and a hydraulic pump...Because his wife was starting to have health issues, nice achievement... .Just don't get your finger stuck somewhere because the thing is capable of lifting 2 tons : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

I had made one for my tenant outside (the ABF wanted no stairs) : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: with a leroy merlin winch from the IPN and an old footbridge from my job... It worked for 5 years...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/23, 12:06

izentrop wrote:
phil59 wrote:on the ground floor, in addition to the kitchen, there is a dining room, and a living room, enough to make a bedroom on the ground floor.
The solution is all found.

It is better to invest in a small bathroom/WC adapted to the wheelchair, than these gadgets that the person with loss of autonomy may no longer be able to use in a few days.

It is not false ! But again, the architecture must be compatible...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/23, 12:07

Macro wrote:The person I replaced at my job...Made one at home with a forklift fork and a hydraulic pump...Because his wife was starting to have health issues, nice achievement... .Just don't get your finger stuck somewhere because the thing is capable of lifting 2 tons : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

I had made one for my tenant outside (the ABF wanted no stairs) : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: with a leroy merlin winch from the IPN and an old footbridge from my job... It worked for 5 years...

You're a Macro nag! : Mrgreen:
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"