Hearing aids

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Hearing aids

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 08/01/21, 21:04

I'm going to advertise ... Suffering from genetic degeneration, my hearing has been declining for about 20 years. I started to pair 10/12 years ago. The first prostheses (even top of the range) had a horrible, metallic, shrill sound, etc. which made me prefer the "without" rather than the "with". Since September, I have new devices and I can not wait in the morning, it is to place them.
Siemens has created, with its X chip, prostheses that are a pleasure to wear, with the most natural sound, omnidirectional microphones, no delay in the ear, in short, only happiness. I can hear the insects again (ok, there aren't many these days), the birds, in short, the "sounds of nature".
I allow myself to post here because given the average age of the participants, I have no doubt that others are also fitted. I would point out that I have no interest of any kind in doing so, apart from that of convincing the reluctant to take the plunge. There are cognitive losses in hearing-impaired people that we never recover if we allow our hearing to deteriorate without compensating.

https://www.laboratoires-unisson.com/ap ... x-312.html
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Hearing aids

by izentrop » 10/01/21, 18:12

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:I would point out that I have no interest of any kind in doing so, apart from that of convincing the reluctant to take the plunge.
It is a technological evolution applied by all those who sell quality prostheses.

I propose a link that is not advertising https://www.sciencesetavenir.fr/sante/d ... tion_28601
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 10/01/21, 18:55

izentrop wrote:
GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:I would point out that I have no interest of any kind in doing so, apart from that of convincing the reluctant to take the plunge.
It is a technological evolution applied by all those who sell quality prostheses.

No. The X chip is a Siemens / Signia excluded. For having tried several, it is the one that (for me) is above the rest. As for the link, it is the most affordable French merchant.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 10/01/21, 19:57

In addition, your link dates from 2015 ... Things have happened since. : Mrgreen:
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 11/01/21, 15:11

Hello, thanks to Guy for sharing this info, a colleague! It makes you want to try these new devices. I also have devices that are connected with my phone. However when listening to a video with hearing aids the sound is really not that great. It is much better to listen to music with real headphones! I have also installed hearing software (which works with my headphones) on my phone but there is a delay which means that we do not understand conversations very well. The ideal would be to also have an audio headset for the hearing impaired because the headphones are 100 times bigger than the hearing aids, it would be less aesthetic but the sound quality would be 100 times better and certainly much cheaper than hearing aids. .
1 x

Back to "Science and Technology"