Tim Berners Lee against the deviances of the Internet 2.0

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Christophe

Tim Berners Lee against the deviances of the Internet 2.0

by Christophe » 11/06/16, 14:32

Tim Berners-Lee reacted a few days ago to the deviances of the current Internet ... deviances that we had already anticipated on this forum from 2008 in this topic: Company-and-philosophy / sent-special-the-threat-facebook-t6650.html

Inventor of the Web there is more than 25 years, Tim Berners-Lee regrets the power that took on him the states and the big companies like Google or Facebook. He wants to push towards a more decentralized Web and safer for its users.

But what has the Internet done? This is the question regularly asked by pioneers of the Web, who dreamed of changing the world and who actually did, without always knowing whether it is for better or for worse. The Internet has brought its undeniable lot of improvements in social life, allowing citizens to learn more, to share knowledge and to get in touch with each other more easily. But it has also become an unprecedented means of monitoring the population, and a liberal machine that favors the biggest in an economy that is more than ever globalized. (...)

http://www.numerama.com/politique/17524 ... ernet.html

Tim Berners-Lee: We lose control of the Web, we must react

Faced with the excesses of surveillance, Tim Berners-Lee (father of the World Wide Web) wants to "re-decentralize" the Internet and joins a militant reconquest.

This is not quite the trajectory expected by the creators of the Web. But the perception of the Internet as the world's largest surveillance network becomes tangible for Tim Berners-Lee. (...)

http://www.itespresso.fr/tim-berners-le ... 31832.html

His wiki page: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee

I like this guy! I have the same vision as him of a free internet and without abuse ... but like him, I must be in the family of the soft dreamer ...
0 x
Christophe

Re: Tim Berners Lee against the deviance of the Internet 2.0

by Christophe » 07/09/17, 14:20

This book denounces the consequences of abuse of social networks ... and AMHA is that the beginning ...

https://www.scienceshumaines.com/tous-n ... 38660.html

all-narcissiques.jpg
all-narcissists.jpg (111.45 KIO) Viewed 3502 times

Politics in the era of Facebook, intellectuals who listen to talk, megalo stars, angels of reality TV, addicted to social networks ..., are we all become narcissistic, asks the psychiatrist Jean Cottraux? Narcissism is first and foremost a necessary step in our development. Before 7 years, everyone goes through a phase characterized by egocentrism and a sense of omnipotence. Only, some remain hooked on this idea well beyond! But beware, says J. Cottraux, narcissism, it is not necessarily a disease! Certainly, there are the famous narcissistic perverts, manipulators devoid of empathy.

But on the other side, there are also narcissists who suffer. Fragile, depressive, and perfectionist, their need for recognition masks a strong feeling of inferiority. Finally, the high-functioning narcissist is endowed with a strong intellectual and charismatic potential. It is the artist, the scientist, the political leader or entrepreneur who has put his excess of self-esteem in the service of creativity. Why would narcissism be proliferating? J. Cottraux evokes the legacy of Françoise Dolto. An education focused on the desire of the child, weakened parental authority, the fear of frustrating the child, and of course the Internet generation obsessed with the image and the virtual. What to do when you share your life with a narcissist? Only two options according to the psychiatrist: put limits or run away! Without limits, the narcissist becomes quickly unbearable, he says. While some will remain deaf to their partner's needs, others will be aware of it. The merit of this book is precisely in this "yes but". In a debate where narcissists are often presented as irrecoverable and irrelevant, J. Cottraux offers a more nuanced view of the phenomenon. Being narcissistic would not necessarily be a fault. It's all about dosage ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 09/09/17, 02:56

I'm less alarmist.

My ex-handsome father bawled his daughter because she cut herself off from the world, stayed in her room, did not communicate with her friends, she did not go out (it does not remind you of these grievances) because she ... ........ LISAIT.

I listened to a stupid debate on France Inter a few months ago on mobile phones.
One speaker said that people were slaves to their cell phone ...
Big nothing
When I lived in a building and the salesmen came ringing at the door and I did not want to open I would not open
When I had a fixed and it sounded and I did not want to answer I did not answer
Now that I have a cell phone and that it rings and I do not want to answer I do not answer: even if it's my daughter, my wife or my mother or my father Image)... I do what I want
If I receive an SMS and I do not want to answer I do not answer

People are not slaves of their cellphone they are slaves of themselves and their trufferie

Ditto for social networks no obligation to be part of it
I'm not there on Facebook or Tweeter
And even if I was there I would be the only DECISION MAKER

The abuses are not the fact of the social networks but of the people who make them work
If no one was running social networks (style FB or TW) they would not commit abuse.

Nothing is done by the operation of the Holy Spirit Image it's the people who make themselves slaves ... or not

We lose no control at all.
See the paragraph on the mobile
The one who loses control is that he will lose it with TV or any other addiction
Just choose your supports
You can READ Barbara Cartland and watch exciting and very informative TV shows
I say this for those who do not have TV and who believe that it is a sign of intelligence. Image or higher release

It is said of the net what armies of the ignorant have said (and still say) books, the autodafés have the hard life
We say the net what we said for TV
We say the net what we said the phone: "stop spending hours on the phone with your girlfriends ........" (you've never heard that?)
We say on the net what we used to say about rock: "stop spending hours in your room listening to this music of the brainless"
We say on the net what we say or say for video games.

In short, people make choices, THEIR choices, nobody forces them and the net or books or TV or rock or FB are not for nothing.

The net is very far from a constraint
I choose my forums, I choose my mode of communication (email, forums, newsletter, subscriptions)
Everyone has the CHOICE

And nothing says that future generations will not look at FB by being dead laughing in front of this antiquity ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/09/17, 19:51

Yes but ... to have the choice, you still need to be aware of alternatives ... young people do not know more than youtube, facebook, snapshat and instagram and they are happy ... so it's already not famous level intellectuality of the content ...

Worse modern algorithms confine Internet users in their bubble of interests ... with the risk of a serious intellectual confinement in the long term ...

On TV we can still zap and fall at random on topics that open the mind and trigger curiosity, the same for the print media ... which has become almost impossible with the targeting of interests of social networks. .Configuration that destroys the spirit of discovery and curiosity and ultimately the desire to learn ... it's quite serious for the majority of young people ... amha ...

Same remark for the vod kind netflix and co ... by dint of proposing too similar suggestions we only look at the same kinds of stuff ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 10/09/17, 02:43

Young people?

Life takes care of crushing all the dreams of youth

The youth?
12-18 years?

It goes so fast

At one time it was
Stop abrading yourself with your readings
ou
Stop fucking yourself with your comics
ou
Stop spending hours on the phone
ou
Stop spending hours watching TV
ou
Stop spending hours in front of your computer
ou
Stop smoking these things
ou
Stop spending hours in front of your Nintendo
ou
Stop spending hours on your mobile

And I'm not talking about stop spending hours listening to this wild music

Stop spending hours playing table football

Stop spending hours playing pinball, billiards, football, in the bus shelter with your friends ???

And where are they all these "young people" whose youth has passed at full speed ???

Married, divorced, separated, unemployed, tidy, caste ???
Do they still play the console, the pinball machine, the baby, do they always listen to rock, do they always ride a bike or a fun board?
What have become of these lyrical or addicted teens?
I offer you descriptions of the transition to adulthood, job pressures, schedules, children, family and all that makes life switch from so-called adolescent addictions to intransigence. of social life and all its servitudes.

And at each small cycle of 5, 6 or 7 years sociologists of all hairs predicted that "youth" was lost.

With each technological evolution (especially if it is fashionable) we predicted the worst
We must elucidate and sell new ideas of "end of the world"
And the end of the world never arrived
Young people have become part of the mass and have become workers, husbands and women or single people like all those of previous generations and all those who will succeed them.

In any case whatever the "media": book, TV, telephone, computer, or .... hunting, fishing, football, alcohol, troubadours, tournaments, war, gardening ... women, forums, sms, mails, letterbox, cinema, theater, opera, facebook, snapchat, pinterest, men, money, drugs, power ... it's been a long time since the meaning of all this was stated in a few words very rightly felt by a certain Pascal and just as well illustrated (popularized?) by a certain Giono: "a king without entertainment is a man full of misery".
1 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 11/09/17, 18:11

What worries me beyond social networks is that Internet access is now very much through consumer terminals (smartphones and tablets) when previously computers had the exclusivity. I fear that new users are content to consume on their devices, very easy to use, perfectly adapted to social networks but limited functionality instead of being interested in how it all works, take control of the machine and possibly create their own sites.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/09/17, 18:15

Petrus wrote:What worries me beyond social networks is that Internet access is now very much through consumer terminals (smartphones and tablets) (...).

Absolutely, good remark and this helps to "idiocratize" the net even more ... in the end everything is "logical" and fits together very well!

Note however that there is a 'light' version of OpenOffice ... which mainly allows the viewing of documents because no one would want to write a report on a smartphone ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 11/09/17, 19:05

Petrus wrote:What worries me beyond social networks is that Internet access is now very much through consumer terminals (smartphones and tablets) when previously computers had the exclusivity. I fear that new users are content to consume on their devices, very easy to use, perfectly adapted to social networks but limited functionality instead of being interested in how it all works, take control of the machine and possibly create their own sites.

Well, you do not think that on the contrary the number of people who create their sites, their blogs, their forums, their You Tube channels (right Didier?) is much much much more important than it was a few years ago when it came to using Dreamweaver and HTML and everything that followed ???
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 11/09/17, 19:16

Christophe wrote:
Petrus wrote:What worries me beyond social networks is that Internet access is now very much through consumer terminals (smartphones and tablets) (...).

Absolutely, good remark and this helps to "idiocratize" the net even more ... in the end everything is "logical" and fits together very well!

Note however that there is a 'light' version of OpenOffice ... which mainly allows the viewing of documents because no one would want to write a report on a smartphone ...

No, I do not think so
You can read Barbara Cartland on a good old-fashioned book and watch music videos on any music channel.
(Let's not forget that there was not long ago the MAL was ... the book then the TV, then the computer, then now the tablet and cellphone, and what tomorrow?)
And read Victor Hugo on his mobile phone ... and listen to Chopin

All this to say that it is not the object that is in question but the education of the people.

It's exactly like the speaker of France Inter's show that mobile phone owners are slaves to their mobile phones because they drop out when the phone rings.

NOT

We can not answer when we call you, do not write if we write to you, do not open the door if we ring, do not answer if we speak to you, do not answer an email, do not answer a question. sms .... etc

We are prisoners only of ourselves ....

For the rest read Pascal's Thoughts.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/09/17, 19:38

nico239 wrote:All this to say that it is not the object that is in question but the education of the people.

Yes education, absolutely!

And as the human 2.0 tends to choose the ease rather than the difficulty ... well for 1 book read, there will be 1000 videos seen ... and again I am "nice" in this proportion because I think that is no longer in real life ...

: Cheesy:
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"