The big lie of Christmas

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

The big lie of Christmas

by Janic » 24/12/15, 19:35

How can parents, whose educational role is to learn the social, humanist and confidence values ​​necessary for the reliability of a society, be able to lie brazenly to their children?
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/12/15, 06:03

In the absence of a title over the wire, I suppose you want to talk about Santa Claus, do you know that it is today that he should land at your place! : Lol:

So beware if you weren't wise enough ...! : Cheesy: Image

And Noyeux Joël everyone!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 25/12/15, 07:59

If there is no title to the thread,
I put one but it did not pass.
I guess you mean Santa Claus
of lies in general and of it also becoming an almost global institution. And then these parents will be indignant that their children send them back the elevator by lying to them just as brazenly.
Which children quickly realize that Santa Claus gives gifts from the rich to the rich and gifts from the poor to the poor, as of course, so as not to redress this injustice. and while dad is playing with the electric train (this is hardly any more obviously now) son plays with the cardboard packaging.
Then there is obviously the religious side just as inconsistent since adhering, by ignorance most of the time in the believer Lambda, to a false birth not the good year, not the right month, not with oxen, donkeys and other late inventions , but you don't catch flies with vinegar!
" you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth"Hypocrisy!: Evil:
do you know that it is today that he should land at your place!
I know because I come home every day, as usual.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/12/15, 10:56

Janic wrote:
Obamot wrote:If there is no title to the thread,
I guess you mean Santa Claus
of lies in general and of it also becoming an almost global institution. And then these parents will be indignant that their children send them back the elevator by lying to them just as brazenly.
Which children quickly realize that Santa Claus gives gifts from the rich to the rich and gifts from the poor to the poor, as of course, so as not to redress this injustice. and while dad is playing with the electric train (this is hardly any more obviously now) son plays with the cardboard packaging.
Then there is obviously the religious side just as inconsistent since adhering, by ignorance most of the time in the believer Lambda, to a false birth not the good year, not the right month, not with oxen, donkeys and other late inventions , but you don't catch flies with vinegar!
" you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth"Hypocrisy!: Evil:

It is not false ! ;-)

Janic wrote:
Obamot wrote:do you know that it is today that he should land at your place!
I know because I come home every day, as usual.

What do you mean? Ah it was you? : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/12/15, 13:05

Corrected title ...

I think there are far more serious lies than that of Santa Claus, right?
0 x
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 26/12/15, 13:39

??

Do you have children, janic?
0 x
Trying too hard to get into the mold, it ends up looking like a pie.
Remundo

by Remundo » 26/12/15, 13:48

Janic wrote:
If there is no title to the thread,

I had the same problem when I created the subject on "dash cam"

Even returning to it, impossible to validate the title.

Janic, maybe your whole life is a lie ... :P
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 26/12/15, 15:16

it is a way for parents to hypostasize their affection for their children ... not really a lie, since he is disinterested ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 26/12/15, 15:37

Christophe hello
I think there are far more serious lies than that of Santa Claus, right?
It is not a question of gravity but of state of mind, it is the instrument of the loss of confidence. This is why in adults we ask to commit his word (that is to say in other words do not lie) and even to commit, before the courts to swear to tell the truth, etc ... and when speaking is not enough to commit in writing, with oath, etc. as a guarantee of sincerity. Obviously, the child does not ask so many questions and does not ask to swear on honor that ... (which does not prevent lying!)
The real question is rather: are there still beings who do not hide behind lies daily and without even paying attention!
But, in this circumstance, it is not for anyone, but for their own children and we can believe that it may have no consequences for building his life and his immediate and future values?

1360 hello
Do you have children, janic?
Effectively ! And because of the values ​​I believe in, I taught them the importance of lying both socially and spiritually and its boomerang effect!

remondo hello
Janic, maybe life is a lie
Very philosophical point of view! Lying is so much a part of the current mode of expression that few pay any attention to it, even being a victim of it.What establishes the value of relationships between humans is precisely this notion of necessary mutual trust. So could you cite a single standard lie that maintains trust between two beings?

Ahmed hello
it is a way for parents to hypostasize their affection for their children ... not really a lie, since he is disinterested ...

When parents want to show their affection, I doubt that they need devices of this kind, especially since the return of affection is not made to the parents, but to a foreign character with miraculous virtues, a kind of substitute. to the god of classical religions since it has become almost international.
Lying is independent of any interest:
MENSONGE, subst. masc.
A. - Affirmation contrary to the truth made with the intention of deceiving.
and that's the case ... in this case!
0 x
ARMAND
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ARMAND » 26/12/15, 18:05

Christmas and his father is indeed a "deception", but a deception for which the reason is "good" socially and humanly speaking, the victims being the children who are encouraged to be good in order to be rewarded with gifts intended for them. occupy during the long winter days (at the time when there was no TV! -lol- And that has always been since this period of December 25 is occupied by festivities by the different cults which have followed one another on this continent ... If we deplore the deception of Santa Claus, what about the deception of the dominant religious cult which used this date to expose its artifices, what to think of a cult which leads to believe that a type can walking on water, resuscitating from death, which arouses permanent guilt and morbid contrition?
0 x