Wind turbine with Aries or Aeolian Aries!

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Wind turbine with Aries or Aeolian Aries!

by Grelinette » 13/12/13, 09:49

I don't know if it already exists but I think a "Ram Wind Turbine", or "Aeolian Ram", could be an interesting system.

It is an idea resulting from 3 observations:

1 °) Air is a fluid like water, so all technologies applicable to water should be able to adapt to air!

2) at home I have a door that closes with a spring because I have cats who spend their time opening the doors to enter or leave the house.
When there is a little wind, the door takes the wind, opens suddenly and closes shut. This movement can last the whole day!
It made me think of the principle of hydraulic Aries.

3 °) I have just installed a small light wind turbine to test the system for changing the incidence of the blades according to the wind speed and rotation ( https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... P5yAVe.jpg ).

While there was not a flexible wind, the wind turbine still started to spin which made me imagine that, despite everything, there was a significant displacement of air, yet imperceptible .

Given the very small windward surface of the wind turbine, I thought that by placing a very large surface (such as a large advertising sign in the shape of a disc,) the surface to the wind would be much greater and the efficiency more important because the panel stops the wind therefore recovers almost all of the kinetic energy of the wind.

This panel would be mounted on posts pivoting around an axis at the base so that when the panel takes the wind, it sets, then from a certain angle, it pivots mechanically to disappear in the wind and returns return to its initial position facing the wind. In addition, the fact that it starts to lean, the movement would be accentuated by the terrestrial attraction. (Of course, afterwards you have to bring it up! ...)

It is ultimately the principle of Rotating wind turbine Bi Plan (ROBIPLAN) except that there is only one plane which changes its incidence to the wind ( https://www.econologie.com/forums/turbine-eo ... t4872.html )

The final movement would not be rotary but jerky and regular which can be interesting for certain systems such as piston pumps, or current generators like certain electric lamps with a trigger which is actuated to produce current.

Anyone know of such a wind turbine?
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 13/12/13, 14:05

Hello,

There is a big defect at the base .... the point n ° 1 is wrong because the air is a compressible gas while the water is (to within an inch) incompressible.

For point n ° 2, it reminds me of a momentary depression (but quite cyclical and regular) caused by the turbulence downwind of a building.

For the 3, I think I perceive another fundamental error (the blow of the plate which "stops" (lol) the wind.).
REMUNDO would probably answer you that the energy recovered by the drag of a plate is optimal if Vplaque =Vvent / 2.
Typical case of a Pelton type turbine where this concept is easy to visualize.

In short, without wanting to discourage you, I think you should "dig" a little further into the subject.
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 13/12/13, 19:48

If I understand correctly Grelinette would your system look like a spring advertising billboard?

This concept has already been imagined ... to extract energy from the waves.

Example: Oyster prototypes, developed by Aquamarine Power and tested in Scotland (Oyster 1 with a power of nearly 300 kW tested in 2009, Oyster 2 in project with a power of 2,4 MW).
http://www.connaissancedesenergies.org/fiche-pedagogique/energie-houlomotrice-ou-energie-des-vagues

That's right ?
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 14/12/13, 13:34

Yes sen-no-sen, it's a bit like the principle I imagined, with an additional system making that from a certain angle with the vertical, the panel performs a rotation (1/4 turn) so to go sideways in the wind to return to the vertical.
I think a mechanical system is possible.

To answer highfly-addict: the fact that air is a compressible fluid and not water does not, in my opinion, change much in principle. It does not seem to me that with regard to turbines or wind turbines the compressibility of the fluid changes anything in principle. Fluidity and mass must intervene more but I think that the principles remain more or less the same.

In fact, the principle of a tilting plate, like the billboard as sen-no-sen put it very well, is not really a Blow of Aries effect, it would rather be a wind turbine to a pale non-rotating.

That said, the principle of Aries stroke adapted to a wind system still seems interesting to me to study, even if indeed in this situation, the compressibility of the air is a handicap for the effectiveness of the Aries stroke.

You would have to imagine a kind of big pressure cooker that takes the wind and whose internal overpressure suddenly opens a valve. The creation of a vortex would perhaps further compress the air entering the casserole ...

It's new: it's a Cocotte-Aries wind turbine version Grelinette ! : Cheesy:
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 14/12/13, 13:51

Hello, here is a machine that works on the principle of the hydraulic ram http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKhXmPqm7og

it is a motor which uses water hammer, here is a pump which uses this principle, http://www.agf.gov.bc.ca/resmgmt/publis ... 305-10.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDfG6nhfdkA
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 14/12/13, 15:27

Hello oli 80,

Very interesting the version of the Aries pump in your comment.

To return to the water hammer wind turbine, a system could work with a kind of large umbrella which suddenly opens under the effect of the wind, then closes with springs when the energy of the wind has dissipated! ..

Here is a sketch (it looks a bit like a Leonardo da Vinci plan :P )

If not, I have another prototype of special wind turbine, very warm, if I can say ...

They are "vertical axis wind turbines with ascending thermal flows"! : Mrgreen:

For the moment these are only prototypes made with aluminum covers of yoghurts, placed on my insert, but it works really well as soon as there is heat!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 14/12/13, 17:01

It is quite feasible from a technical point of view, now from the point of view of energy efficiency it is somewhat different ...
In the system oysters, the device uses wave reflux, which allows energy to be extracted in two phases: ebb / flow

In the case of your water hammer wind turbine there is a major problem: the wind would have to blow intermittently and precisely ...
Because in the case of a continuous wind, the balance of forces would cause the umbrella to lock in the open position.
In addition, the use of a recuperator spring coupled to an umbrella closure system de facto results in the absorption of kinetic energy, which excludes the extraction of any energy gain ...

Regarding your vertical flow wind turbines, you would have to place them in a duct of a very large size and used a temperature delta to exploit the "chimney effect" ... unless you have a chimney of 50 meters in length. high there is little chance of getting anything out ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.