Dynamic soaring

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Pascal HA PHAM
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Dynamic soaring

by Pascal HA PHAM » 31/01/13, 20:24

A new eminently scientific and econological subject?
Yes: dynamic gliding ...
Anglo Saxons say "Dynamic soaring"

THE DYNAMIC SOARING… WHAT IS THAT? :
link to the definition & to the videos of radio controlled glider records:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_soaring

on board at about 250 miles / hour:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FZG90qqlaE

the world record is near 500 miles / hour

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfoxjNg-eg0

The glider is going so fast that we hardly see it passing.
Only the portable radar gives the instantaneous speed at each loop (ground level).
Bravo once again to the Americans who "invented" this magnificent new sporting concept.
Okay ... so humans are starting to understand and practice this concept of dynamic gliding,
But it was the birds that really invented dynamic gliding because they have practiced it since time immemorial.

"THANK YOU BIRDS"

IN ENGLISH:

The glider goes so fast that you cannot see him during the passage.
Only portable radar gives the instantaneous velocity at each loop (flush with the ground).
Congratulations once again to the Americans who "invented" this magnificent new sports concept.
So, humans begin to understand and practice the concept of dynamic soaring,
But they are the birds who actually invented the dynamic soaring because they used it since time immemorial.

"THANK THE BIRDS"

advantage of the bird: it does not need batteries for the remote control ....
drawback of the bird it sometimes swings its poop while the glider does not ... :-) :-) :-)

it's nice as our friends would say the eagles and other birds of prey who practice "Dynamic soaring" "the claws in the beak".

A+
0 x
All around my work, full videos on the web:
https://www.google.fr/webhp?source=sear ... 80&bih=672
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 31/01/13, 22:06

Bonjour,

Bravo once again to the Americans who "invented" this magnificent new sporting concept.
Okay ... so humans are starting to understand and practice this concept of dynamic gliding,
But it was the birds that really invented dynamic gliding because they have practiced it since time immemorial.

In French it is called slope flight or dynamic flight.
To be sure, it's less "fun" and the Americans haven't invented anything.
The first glider flights of duration in glider were also carried out in this way, long before we discovered and exploited the thermal ancestors.

What is impressive with the model gliders is that they take an insane speed in extremely tight turns (hello the "G"), sometimes the inclination is greater than 90 °, but the lift is still the strongest , its vertical component exceeding the sink rate of the glider.

A+
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 01/02/13, 00:17

Classic confusion! I think Pascal was actually referring to it.
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
Pascal HA PHAM
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

the French at the bottom of the moon!

by Pascal HA PHAM » 01/02/13, 06:02

highflyaddict wrote:Classic confusion! I think Pascal was actually referring to it.

quite highflyaddict,

this type of dynamic hovering flight has been practiced by birds since the dawn of time, in my mountaineer observations I regularly enjoy watching birds of prey who practice dynamic hovering flight in all its splendor.

What I wanted to say in my post yesterday, is that there is a break in the scale of the speeds reached localized currently across the Atlantic: the practice in radio controlled flight on glider is not - normally not - in the loop speed registers mentioned in the 2 videos, the goal of breaking records with a 500 miles / hour in line of sight is something new and personally I do not know of a French model radio club which are in the registers achieved in recent years by the Americans.

so it has become a sport of high technical level recently (& at home mainly) with guys who beat record after record and practice hours and hours to get there. On the web, I can't find any French record video!

It's like the records in Wind Powered Vehicle, whether it's UP THE WIND or DOWN the WIND ..... we're still at the bottom of the moon!

A + friends

pascal
0 x
All around my work, full videos on the web:

https://www.google.fr/webhp?source=sear ... 80&bih=672

Back to "Science and Technology"