Building a 2 hp electric

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
buga
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Building a 2 hp electric

by buga » 30/09/05, 13:57

in a magazine called "planéte 2cv", a dutch company has transformed a simple deuche into a hybrid vehicle ...
by adding a small motor in parralel of the gearbox and with batteries in the trunk ... since this company manufactures electronic devices, it chose an electronic management of the hybrid system, which is not essential. ..
and this deuche works perfectly with gasoline and electricity ...
I do not know the cost of the transformation, but it certainly costs less than the tenth of the price of the prius, or other aircraft without wings, modern car full of electronics, and barely affordable for the average income ...
from the sight of this unique car came to me the idea of ​​the electric deuche .... which already exists ... in several copies ...
all in all, the transformation of a conventional deuche into an electric car is not very complicated ...
you can remove a lot of pieces, throw them in the trash ...
it is "enough" to find the good motor, of about 18 kw, in 72 or 84 volts approximately ... multiple of 12, it is easier ...
to put it in front, put on the box ...
and feed it by a pile of car batteries ... through a big rheostat, serving as an accelerator ...
a big charger will be useful too ...
other than that or is the difficulty ???
the permissions, simply !!!
I just wrote to the ministry of transport (belgium) ... I'm waiting for an answer ...
Benefits and interest:
no one is buying an electric car, because it costs as much, if not more, than a normal car ... with big limitation constraints ...
on the other hand, if this car may be an opportunity not too expensive, it will surely be considered interesting as a second car!
Now, I am still in the research stage;
I have to find, to achieve this, a motor 18 kw approximately, and about 70 / 80 volts ....
and a rheostat capable of passing this power ....
where can i find this ?????
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 30/09/05, 15:22

For great powers, the réhostat does not seem appropriate (it will heat, lose energy and be hard to find), it would be better to use a chopper, the principle is an electronic system that turns off and turns on very quickly the motor according to the requested power. Even problem for large powers like that I do not know or find (for a robot we used a qqs amp 42 volts it was already limited to find what was needed), it will certainly go into suppliers for proffessional and it may be quite expensive.
0 x
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 30/09/05, 22:04

The theory of choppers is relatively simple ...

these are the components that come back expensive (super perf but low volume of purchase)
In addition, we must be aware that we will burn a number during the reliability of the system
(and the bill goups)
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)
i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong
ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there
charette city
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by charette city » 01/10/05, 01:46

Hello, there is an English company that distributes traction motors and electronics that goes with it. The site: http://www.gravitron.co.uk/html/electronic_products.htm

Goodbye.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 24/11/05, 01:52

Hello,
the car that a friend of mine had built many years ago
a toyota he simply removed the gasoline engine kept the transmission and planted a forklift engine and later another stronger working in 120volts DC, so 9 auto batterries in series, the reason is to plug directly into the sector with a simple rectifier without having a transformer for the load.
Now to start is to vary the speed, it only uses a few batterries with fure contactors is as we ask for the speed we add fights with the pedal a (gas) which she drives relays,
When braking as soon as you touch the brake pedal the engine generates in the batteries the ones that were used for starting
If you press harder on the brakes you operate the real hydraulic brake of the car.
I was surprised at the acceleration of this vehicle, especially since we had a choice of mechanical speed, although 2 speeds would have done the trick. to barauder in town is perfect, there are power outlets everywhere outside the houses to warm the engine block, but the winter there is no heating or defrost, the electric is a little consume especially that cold batterries quickly lose feathers.
the other fault is to avoid dropping the batteries too much and from time to time to switch the batterries because the one used for the start are more stressed than those used for maximum speeds.
Another advantage is the ability to connect accessories that march on the current sector (not those that require current AC)
All this was done in the early 70 so no inverter no frequency varistor and large diode quite rare, now that we have everything seems like the will lacks some handyman to build.
So for your 2cv c, is very feasible according to the available material, in AC c, is more sophisticated, but in DC it's easier for a handyman and for the regeneration more if you search it drags well material for this kind of engine, if only the old rotary welding machines that makes beautiful engines when fed DC, it was enough to raise the voltage to increase the speed and limit to the maximum allowed by the rotor to not that he dislocates himself.
These motors have a great performance power develop and directly related to voltage and amperage, low load it consumes almost nothing, in a descent it generates all alone in the battery,
When the engine runs fast it is enough to reduce the number of batterries and it generates more quickly by braking the vehicle of course.

Andre
0 x
silenus
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by silenus » 24/11/05, 08:51

hi Andrew

It misses a detail in your description, moreover super interesting, it is the autonomy that your friend had with his toyota!
The concept plugs me in, more for a scooter, but the big bang is the time!
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 24/11/05, 12:40

Hello
For electric vehicles I think for a long time, but rather than create one and homologate I thought that given the derisory price 106 Peugeot (for example) electric auctioned by the domains (in France) often with 25 000 km on the meter is at a price of less than 500 euros (without batteries of course), it's not worth it to complicate life ... And at that price we can even buy for parts. Rest the batteries to buy the best value for money by accepting a lower autonomy to make urban journeys. Then we can imagine adding a small group (doped with water!) To increase the radius of action ....
I'll have to re-subscribe to the domain auction newsletter someday!
Michel
0 x
rezut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rezut » 24/11/05, 12:42

Hello

we also talk about it here
http://www.moteurnature.com/actu/2003/monaco_2003.php

I had already seen on another forum a guy who had equipped his deuch with an electric motor in 48 volts but I can not find it, it seems to me that it was on a forum from 2 CV but I'm not absolutely sure

rezut
0 x
bioman14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by bioman14 » 26/11/05, 02:05

nice this post.

I had to think of transforming my fiesta into a "light" hybrid.
-1 starter on each rear wheel, 2 batteries in the trunk, 1 button on the dashboard. and that makes a cheap "stop & go".
good is a delirium because I do not know how to fix the starters to the wheels ar. but it was an idea.

and then, how do we pass the CT after ???

good if there are any who have ideas or advice, do not hesitate ...

on the other hand for the bike, it is much simpler, I will think about it.

a+
0 x
if I say something stupid, tell me, but kindly and politely.
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 26/11/05, 19:14

What annoys me in the transformation of a vehicle to switch to the electric, it is all the mass that one must drag, especially in city or suburbs ...

I would rather be going for a TRike or a VAE that are lighter and require less power:

- therefore smaller electric motors.
- less batteries.

After nothing prevents to have a small onboard generator (with pantone) to recharge the batteries between 2 course ...

It is true that there remains the passage to the mines - useless in case of pedelec (250W maxi, activated by pedaling, disabled 25km / h).
0 x

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."