The danger of Facebook and (a) social networks

philosophical debates and companies.
Christophe

The danger of Facebook and (a) social networks

by Christophe » 04/12/08, 21:33

A good report on Facebook has just been broadcast on Special Envoy. It's amazing how naïve people can be by registering and participating in such sites ... We generally yell about Google's "abuse" but Facebook is Google ^ 10!

A breathtaking passage: a former member who was fed up asked to be deleted. After 6 months of "procedures" (the report does not specify whether legal proceedings) he receives a document marked "Confidential" with 170 pages on his private life: photo, chat, email ... In short, everything he could say or put on the site at one time or another was logged in a single file ... Amazing ...

Some murders have also already occurred because of facebook ...

In short to avoid or run away!

Planet Facebook A report by Jérémie Drieu and Matthieu Birden

"Are you on Facebook?" : a question in the form of a rallying cry for the entire planet ... With 150 million users worldwide and more than 4 million in France, Facebook has become a social phenomenon. This social network site allows you to create a real community around you to exchange with friends, find childhood friends, share photos, gossip and many other things. In just two years, the site has revolutionized the way of communicating, like the cell phone or emails in their day. Behind this success, a young man, Mark Zuckerberg, who became a billionaire at the age of 24 and who had this genius idea in his student room on the campus of the prestigious Harvard University. Today, even Barack Obama adopted it to campaign and become the new president of the United States. Special Envoy has created a profile on Facebook to try to understand what explains the craze around the site but also the risks for everyone's privacy.

Probably available in Stream in the coming days:
http://envoye-special.france2.fr/index- ... brique=686

To see!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/12/08, 21:48

Uh I forgot: are there people on fessebook here?
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 05/12/08, 08:49

Facebook is really a trap to con!

As if one could spread one's private life to the sight of the whole world without one day having problems ... : Evil:

Seriously, you would go in the middle of the public square tell your little life to everyone ???
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/12/08, 10:09

Ben facebook and youtube (and their respective equivalent) play a little on the same level psychologically: the desire to be seen in the cyberworld = pride

The more friends you have, the more visualization you have of your video / photo the more you are happy ... but it's still a figure that brings you what?

Well I admit that it probably promotes human contacts ... in their good but also bad aspects ... And the subscriber to facebook seem to be naive enough to ignore it ...
0 x
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 05/12/08, 10:11

it is not necessarily better either that all the games in network where one does not care about the jaws not? (WoW for example)
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 05/12/08, 10:14

It favors virtual contacts more than human contacts.
Moreover, when the contact becomes real it often becomes very violent because one tends to idealize the person and then one finishes often disappointed ...

Finally, all these things there is yuck!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 05/12/08, 10:27

Ah, I looked ...

I liked 2 girls 15 years who smoked, wriggled and published their feminine assets ... A little more effort and the sidewalk is not far, young girls ...

The danger is neurosis, which is not virtual. It is a kind of 2th life that paradoxically cuts the world.

The gathering of 500 people who played statues ... What interest? These people arrived without knowing each other or talking to each other, and left it alone.

Otherwise, we have seen that facebook is primarily exploited by advertising and general information ...

: Cheesy: Nothing to do with the debate, but ... For a guy who wants to make a move on the net ...

deposit www.fac-ebook.com to sell books to students in faculties, which are constantly going on facebook for anything other than reading books ... : Cheesy:

There is one who has already thought about it :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/12/08, 10:33

renaud67 wrote:it is not necessarily better either that all the games in network where one does not care about the jaws not? (WoW for example)

Ben in another life I played a lot of CounterStrike between 1999 and 2004 ... and some other games in network. Here is what I remember:
a) You can be easily trapped and spend hours there (a kid of 12 years for example, does not have the mental strength that I had at 20 years)

b) In your clan you meet a certain spirit of camaraderie which is really excellent (setting up tactics preparative, micro, forum...). I was always with guys from 30 years ago had a nice atmosphere. O We had a good laugh

c) But in the end how has my private life been affected (except the "lost" time of course)? I was an IP, an identification number (anti pirate) and a nickname. The only info you can collect are fairly precise stats (time spent, scores, deaths, favorite weapons ...) ... Not much that can be exploited by others ...

For Wow it's a bit worse at the adict level ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/12/08, 10:35

Remundo wrote:deposit www.fac-ebook.com to sell books to students in faculties, which are constantly going on facebook for anything other than reading books ... : Cheesy:

There is one who has already thought about it :D

Ben apparently it's taken ...

Otherwise I had thought of www.fessebook.com who is also took hihihihihi go see!

By the way, question conne: Mark Zuckerberg, its founder, is it on facebook? Same question for their employees who really know what are the news?

Ultra-targeted advertising is what immediately comes to mind and is the tip of the iceberg, and finally, I find this point to be positive: it will reduce "advertising waste" ...

For the rest: watch out ...

I really liked the interview of a facebook guy who said in essence: "We freely collect information about your privacy, which is tolerated in the US, but if the government wants to look in our database then it will have to go to court."

In other words: do not do what we do to others!

Cuddled no?
Last edited by Christophe the 05 / 12 / 08, 10: 41, 1 edited once.
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 05/12/08, 10:37

It's always an ass story : Mrgreen:
0 x