StopCovid 19, the tracking application becomes #AllAntiCovid

philosophical debates and companies.
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

StopCovid 19, the tracking application becomes #AllAntiCovid

by Grelinette » 01/05/20, 11:31

We talk about it more and more, it is not unanimous and raises a lot of questions, even distrust (will it not be used for anything other than the traceability of the epidemic? ...), but overall, despite the doubts, government scientists are more for ... (unlike chloroquine!)

The app Stop-Covid-19 is supposed to follow the Covid-19 epidemic and help us stop it.
Debates on this subject in the media are growing, and every day brings new articles, analyzes, criticisms, suggestions, refusal, violation of liberties, ineffectiveness, etc.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about the effectiveness and privacy of the #StopCovid app. Here I will try to explain the underlying DP3T techno and why depending on volunteering will not bring the expected results. #privacy # covid19 @cedric_o @olivierveran
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1248 ... 42464.html

Decryption would be necessary ...
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Stop-Covid-19, the app ...

by Ahmed » 01/05/20, 12:07

It is quite complex, indeed and in practice seems quite difficult to use, notwithstanding the ethical questions (in particular the contradiction between these principles and the efficiency of the process) ...
Basically, the approach is fairly classic, it is that of "infinite repair", by which we try to solve a problem that has arisen by technology (although the virus is natural *), by more technology. .

* The various conspiratorial hypotheses which flourish on the origin of the virus indicate quite well a denial of the normal nature of the existence of microorganisms and our weak capacity to oppose those which are pathogenic.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 01/05/20, 12:38

Ahmed wrote:The various conspiratorial hypotheses which flourish on the origin of the virus indicate quite well a denial of the normal nature of the existence of microorganisms and our weak capacity to oppose those which are pathogenic.

I don't understand what you mean by this sentence ...

On the other hand, I note like you that all the subjects concerning this epidemic are accompanied by conspiracy hypotheses, and the Stop-Covid-19 app is no exception to the rule, especially since it touches a sensitive subject that to trace us, for our own good ... or not!

(Just in paired, Is this "Atavistic denial" or "Acquired prudent mistrust"? ...
Numerous articles and testimonies emphasize the fact that the "conspiracy theory" is typical of the French ... These "refractory Gauls", as Manu said, who doubt everything and oppose on principle every government decision. .. "At the same time", as Manu would still say, the French no longer count lies of the State and their leaders involved in politico-financial affairs, and keep in a corner of their memory all those political statements which have been revealed to be false, the: "I swear that ...", "it is right in the eyes ... "," it's abradabrantesque ... ", etc., from Mitterand to Chirac, via Juppé, Strauss-khan, Balkany, Fillon, Copé and others).
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 01/05/20, 12:46

I mean that the emergence of a natural power which contradicts our feeling of omnipotence and of domination of nature results in this defensive mental construction, of the order of denial, which is by no means specific to our country. It is moreover a universal trait to elaborate prophylactic narratives to explain what one does not understand in a more accessible register, even if it were false.
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 01/05/20, 13:22

Ahmed wrote:I mean that the emergence of a natural power which contradicts our feeling of omnipotence and of domination of nature results in this defensive mental construction, of the order of denial, which is by no means specific to our country. It is moreover a universal trait to elaborate prophylactic narratives to explain what one does not understand in a more accessible register, even if it were false.

I understand that there are 2 subjects:

- that of denial, when nature, through such a microscopic element such as a virus, calls into question in a few days all our scientific knowledge on which our "feeling of all power and domination of nature" is based,

- and that of distrust and distrust of our leaders, when, on the one hand, we realize that they are ultimately not as competent to protect us against natural aggressions, and on the other hand, that they can use all the opportunities to assert their power starting from the natural hazards which come to destabilize the populations.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/05/20, 13:59

Grelinette wrote:We talk about it more and more, it is not unanimous and raises a lot of questions, even distrust (will it not be used for anything other than the traceability of the epidemic? ...), but overall, despite the doubts, government scientists are more for ... (unlike chloroquine!)

At the risk of repeating myself: there has never been any distrust or even mistrust regarding the tracking by Google or Apple ....

Almost systematic tracing for about 10 years! I remember when in 2012 I was using VIBER on my first smartphone: even with the GPS cut (software) the application geolocated me to within 10 m !!

Some media are talking about it ... in 2017! https://www.lavenir.net/cnt/dmf20171124 ... calisation

Google tracks you, even if you turn off location

How do you think Google predicts road traffic?

An artist recently took a walk with 100 smartphones in his "pocket" to simulate traffic jams!

The stopcovid privacy debate is a completely bogus debate! Sorry!

Besides, it would be enough for Google and Apple to open their data to obtain the tracking of the population, not worth a new application at 10 M € stopcovid ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/05/20, 14:17

Novethic's opinion on the matter in 3 articles:

The vagueness of the StopCovid application

"I would be hard pressed to tell you if it works and how precisely," admitted Édouard Philippe concerning the StopCovid application on which the government is working. The latter should make it possible, on a voluntary basis, to trace people with the virus and alert citizens who have been in contact with infected people, to limit the spread. But the application is not yet developed. "When the application will work, and before its implementation, we will organize a specific debate followed by a specific vote," said the Prime Minister to reassure parliamentarians worried about breaches of privacy and the protection of personal data . The application is closely monitored by the Cnil, the IT policeman who has already issued conditions for its implementation.

https://www.novethic.fr/actualite/polit ... 48498.html

StopCovid application: the government is preparing to track French people suffering from Coronavirus

The government is now looking into citizen tracking to better manage post-containment and deal with the Coronavirus. He is working on an application, Stop Covid, which must both reconcile respect for individual freedoms and health need. If he had initially excluded this option, the good results of countries like South Korea seem to have convinced him.

https://www.novethic.fr/actualite/socia ... 48418.html

The StopCovid French monitoring application is not the solution to everything, warns the CNIL

Like the technical solutions used in South Korea or Singapore to track patients and avoid the spread of Covid-19, France wants to deploy a monitoring application called Stop Covid. The Cnil, guarantor of the protection of data of the population, does not oppose it but requests guarantees on volunteering and anonymity. However, she warns that this technology is useless without a comprehensive health strategy.

https://www.novethic.fr/actualite/numer ... 48494.html
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: StopCovid 19, the tracking application?

by Ahmed » 01/05/20, 15:09

Grelinette, you say:
I understand that there are 2 subjects:
- that of denial, when nature, by an element as microscopic as a virus, comes to question in a few days all our scientific knowledge on which our

Scientific knowledge is in no way called into question, only this "feeling of all power and domination of nature".
On the second point, unless you are particularly naive, the current situation does not change much ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/05/20, 23:05

A less intrusive alternative? Ansamb: http://www.leparisien.fr/high-tech/deco ... 308914.php
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/06/20, 13:18

Stocovid, or how (yet) to waste millions of French public money (from cronyism most certainly: was there a public call for tenders for stopcovid?) ... since the GAFA already had the solution with a few hours of coding ... I say it from the start ...

And for confidentiality we will iron! But we are used to it with GAFA !!

Check your Android settings under "Google", just to see ... here are mine (I never accepted or installed anything) ... Google has already "pre-installed" "stuff":

Screenshot_20200620-130853_Google Play services.jpg
Screenshot_20200620-130853_Google Play services.jpg (38.67 KB) Viewed 4353 times

When we click we have this:

Screenshot_20200620-130841_Google Play services.jpg
Screenshot_20200620-130841_Google Play services.jpg (75.54 KB) Viewed 4353 times

Screenshot_20200620-131411_Google Play services.jpg
Screenshot_20200620-131411_Google Play services.jpg (87.99 KB) Viewed 4353 times

Now you know !!
1 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"