Charly Chaplin final speech Dictator ... news!

philosophical debates and companies.
Christophe

Charly Chaplin final speech Dictator ... news!

by Christophe » 30/05/13, 16:49

The final speech of the film The Dictator Charly Chaplin seems to me (today more than ever?) Still relevant today ...

You just have to replace "soldiers" by "citizens"!

I do not know about you, but at least at home it works ... my eyes wet when I listen to it! : Cry:

To discover or re-listen here:

Last edited by Christophe the 13 / 01 / 15, 12: 54, 1 edited once.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 30/05/13, 18:49

I have not seen the movie, and I struggle to understand the context of that speech ... can be understood in completely different meaning

for me it's almost a paradox that you need a good, convincing and authoritarian dictator to make a democracy

course in general when the dictator is in place, it takes the big head and it ended badly

Democracy as we speak today has never worked

wherever we have to be effective it must be one captain in the boat to be able to face the storm

we never saw an army or a company succeed in taking all democratically decision

the good government system of the future is to invent! the democracy that we think we have is not working

must reclaim the effective hierarchy: there should be only one captain each level ... an idea of ​​democracy should serve as a controlling and limiting abuses ... to debunk the bad leader or dictator who take big head ... but leave the authority operate as long as it is effective

the current democracy is the opposite: people vote for a bunch of thing without it allows to choose what is important and we have to all floors leader who will do anything without any sanction
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/05/13, 18:54

but why Chatelot would require that policy makers are honest and competent ...

And the honest and competent people are generally not in power, either because they refuse to be corrupted, or because it is not just politicians.

The concept that you develop, Chatelot, approximates that of the enlightened despotism.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/05/13, 19:38

chatelot16 wrote:I have not seen the movie, and I struggle to understand the context of that speech ... can be understood in completely different meaning

Ben must watch ... he often spent the holidays a while ...
Have not you heard about it?

There is no sense to understand because this speech is for me, universal and timeless !

It is a humanist message against the yoke of the powerful (in the movie racist ideas, fascism, dictators, war ... and now the power of money, liberalism, lobbies, banks ... )!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 30/05/13, 19:51

Remundo wrote:but why Chatelot would require that policy makers are honest and competent ...

That's why the main job for a new democracy is to find a way to eject bad people at all levels.

has what's the point of voting for a president since although it was good it has no power to bring order to all floors below him

see another topic on the cellulose wadding: stupid decision is taken ... those who caused a huge waste, and certainly bankrupted some craftsmen will not be penalized
https://www.econologie.com/forums/isolation- ... 12546.html

for me the misfortune is that power is too divided, so when someone takes the wrong decision it is never responsible, since it has succeeded in sharing it with a bunch of people to be pseudo-democratic

the principle of democracy was to govern better ... the result is to make those who do anything

the current system allows a lot of harmful people to continue to be null with impunity ... in a more primitive system they would be ejected either by their superior for their inefficiency or victim of mutiny of their subordinate
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 30/05/13, 20:04

Christophe wrote:Ben must watch ... he often spent the holidays a while ...
Have not you heard about it?

of course I heard about it, like a caricature of what Hitler was going to do

and I did not understand how the dictator could make this speech
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Dictateur
I understand better the
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/05/13, 20:04

chatelot16 wrote:see another topic on the cellulose wadding: stupid decision is taken ... those who caused a huge waste, and certainly bankrupted some craftsmen will not be penalized
https://www.econologie.com/forums/isolation- ... 12546.html

This example econological, timely to illustrate Chaplin! The power of lobbies became too powerful!

We must listen to several times the sequence so there ideas!

Chaplin even mention food and screws up the main arguments of Monsanto and Co.! (= GMO or chemical, can not feed the world)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/05/13, 20:07

chatelot16 wrote:of course I heard about it, like a caricature of what Hitler was going to do

Not going to do, had (Kristallnacht is in 1934 I think)!

Many similarities ... except the end !!

Chaplin and probably would not have made this film ("comical" I recall) if they had known for mass extermination ...

chatelot16 wrote:and I did not understand how the dictator could make this speech
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Dictateur
I understand better the

Precisely this is the power of this film: the final twist!

Unfortunately true, it does not happen like that ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 30/05/13, 21:54

chatelot16 wrote:
Remundo wrote:but why Chatelot would require that policy makers are honest and competent ...

That's why the main job for a new democracy is to find a way to eject bad people at all levels.

+ 1;

[Dream ON] Mode
There would be a tool that could work, a sort of "wise man's committee". Their role would be to monitor / control the functioning of the state / economy / democracy so that it remains / becomes a true democracy.

They would have all the power / budget necessary to achieve it.
The power to control elections, electoral rules, financing of political parties, to stop all kinds of mismanages, diversion of use, funds, democracy etc, cancel / amend the rogue laws remote controlled by the lobbies, to put off state of harming the big financial pests etc ... (as in Finland)
At worst, they could fire the president, government, parliament / politicians so incapable or corrupt etc ..

For this the wise ones would be obligatorily:
- DrawnIn a very large list of volunteers for not being corruptible.
- Possible candidates for this vacancy if their income / wealth are controllable, low means.
- Very diverse training profiles / professions.
- Not affiliated with any political party.
- Guarantor of freedom of the press and the power to correct the lies / status misinformation.

They have a duty of transparency and accountability of their actions without jargon. (Stop to consider the citizen as a remained).
- They would have no way of near and far to be able to assign extravagant financial benefits, retirement, immunity from all kinds etc ....
- They would not be professionals of the post of wise (term of office relatively short and non-renewable).
Fashion [Rève OFF]

for me the misfortune is that power is too divided, so when someone takes the wrong decision it is never responsible, since it has succeeded in sharing it with a bunch of people to be pseudo-democratic

the principle of democracy was to govern better ... the result is to make those who do anything

the present system allows a harmful bunch of people to continue to be no impunity ...

This is the method used when you "need" to cheat (9 times out of 10 it's a question of money). The decision-makers are those who put the pressure on money and not those who have the label responsibility. So we dilute the directed "errors" not at all random between x people who have only "a little" cheated. Corruption is spreading and the corrupt become solidarity with their lies, shenanigans and other crap. In history we have the greatest difficulty in stopping them from trafficking or punishing them .... = rampant corruption. :frown:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/05/13, 23:08

For this the wise ones would be obligatorily:
- Drawn at random, in a very large list of volunteers for not being corruptible.
- Possible candidates for this position if their income / wealth are controllable, low means.

It is a bit closer to the Athenian democracy, and more generally to stochocratique system

Etienne Chouard develops neighboring concepts of elected representatives Disinterested, apolitical and for short periods.
0 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"