Edgar Morin analyzes the global company in 2012 in Rennes

philosophical debates and companies.
Christophe

Edgar Morin analyzes the global company in 2012 in Rennes

by Christophe » 03/04/12, 12:34

Edgar Morin analyzes the "global society" of 2012: http://www.liberation.fr/promo-libe/060 ... -de-rennes

I'm at 1er 1 / 4 h and it exposes two major societal fears: ultra financial capitalism and the rise of extremism ... all in an atmosphere of industrial lobbying and falling asleep / blindness of consumers ... uh citizens ...

: Arrow: reform of thought!

Offered by Did67 here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post229321.html#229321
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/04/12, 20:22

Nobody looked? Great Morin!

Finally his monologue lasts only 40 min, the last quarter of an hour are questions ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/04/12, 22:06

I find all this in the right line of Stéphane Hessel, therefore with the same faults: a purely moral posture which ignores the deep mechanisms at play: not that I underestimate the importance of restoring or establishing an ethics, but to be content to invoke the omnipotence of finance " misguided "or the rise of terrorism, it is a rather summary analysis! :frown:

If finance is more visible today, was it absent from this "daddy" capitalism that these speeches seem to regret with a very narrow vision? Do we not see that this lame reconciliation was only temporary and that it obscured, in its extended (but hexagonal) egoism, the price paid, elsewhere, further away, out of sight?

Thousands of people are dying and much more money is being lost every day in the world of economic terrorism, which is causing some people to react inappropriately and regrettably: should we be surprised?

Is there not, last remark, a contradiction in hearing an expert urging us to independence of thought (performative contradiction)?
Does it not seal our profound incapacity to all autonomy?
Who would listen to him if he were not happy with his titles?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/04/12, 22:35

Great Ahmed !!

Stéphane Hessel participated in the same forum he is quoted by Morin ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/04/12, 23:18

I had also noted the evocation ofhessel* by E.Morin at the beginning of his speech; however, the proximity of ideas would have been enough to encourage us to propose this parallel.

I think Morin remains too in an "external" perspective: before the end of the cold war it was obsessed with the nuclear apocalypse, today it is still anachronistically focused on causes, in my opinion, secondary.
Does not he illustrate perfectly this contradiction from which he can not emerge (though he condemns it), the specialization which prevents action et reflection (reserving one and the other to different actors).

Finally, is not it useful to produce a spectacle of what a thought might be if this thought was not a spectacle, and thus to defuse any attempt at thought?

* When I hear this name it has the same effect on me as the word "Désertec", that is to say! : Cheesy:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/04/12, 23:36

Edgard Morin, it is not the one who had placed all his confidence in the other apple (candidate for his succession ...)

Ahmed wrote:* When I hear this name it has the same effect on me as the word "Désertec", that is to say! : Cheesy:

Well, well ... I agree with the fact that Desertec postpones the real problem until later. It still has the immense interest to offer an alternative to the Germans who are working to get out of the nuclear! And to reorient the industry towards renewable energy opportunities ... If they do it with energy efficiency and Trans-Mediterranean, that will always be won.

Because this is it or nothing (ie we put the low people to sleep by making them believe that there is no other solution and we continue the nuke with an open tomb ...)

I prefer Désertec to new generation reactors: much more dangerous because it wants to be more "efficient", because there are still so many unbearable constraints for materials, in short: just as uncontrollable ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/04/12, 08:35

Obamot wrote:Edgard Morin, it is not the one who had placed all his confidence in the other apple (candidate for his succession ...)

I thought I read on twitter that he had delivered this ... but it was the 1 / 04 so I do not know too much ...

Another very recent video conference and in the same direction by Stéphane Hessel: https://www.econologie.com/forums/stephane-h ... 11677.html : Idea: (supports him F. Holland ...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/04/12, 09:19

Ahmed wrote:I find all this in the right line of Stéphane Hessel, therefore with the same faults: a purely moral posture which ignores the deep mechanisms at play: not that I underestimate the importance of restoring or establishing an ethics, but to be content to invoke the omnipotence of finance " misguided "or the rise of terrorism, it is a rather summary analysis! :frown:

If finance is more visible today, was it absent from this "daddy" capitalism that these speeches seem to regret with a very narrow vision? Do we not see that this lame reconciliation was only temporary and that it obscured, in its extended (but hexagonal) egoism, the price paid, elsewhere, further away, out of sight?

Thousands of people are dying and much more money is being lost every day in the world of economic terrorism, which is causing some people to react inappropriately and regrettably: should we be surprised?

Is there not, last remark, a contradiction in hearing an expert urging us to independence of thought (performative contradiction)?
Does it not seal our profound incapacity to all autonomy?
Who would listen to him if he were not happy with his titles?

I allowed myself to copy / paste your "analysis of the analysis" in the short story presenting this speech: https://www.econologie.com/edgar-morin-e ... -4404.html
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/04/12, 09:38

Ahmed wrote:I find all this in the right line of Stéphane Hessel, with the same flaws: a purely moral posture that ignores the deep mechanisms involved:

1) I think the time has been set! I do not think he would have been able to elaborate something more consistent with 4 hours for example. But who among us would have listened to him?

2) My post was in the questioning on the electoral campaign and more exactly on Eva Joly.

I had posted in reaction to the poverty of the thought exposed by all the candidates during the TV broadcasts or the meetings!

3) Morin's contradiction with himself by pronouncing an "independence of thought" is inherent in any thinker who expresses himself publicly in this sense: to be silent? express themselves and therefore "be in the front"?

It worries me less than that of the "thinkers" who defend a "totalitarian" system. And who also express themselves ...

A side "guru" therefore. I admit it.

And I would say that what is "discriminating" is what the guru does after his preaching! Rape women, bang blond teenage girls or empty your bank account or cultivate your garden, with your partner and educate your children! For me, this is the dividing line!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/04/12, 09:43

That of Stéphane Hessel lasts 1h30: https://www.econologie.com/forums/stephane-h ... 11677.html (beyond 1h30 I have trouble too ...)

I'm at 30 min and I've heard for the moment strictly the same arguments as in Morin's speech ! Namely: end of mad finance, fear of extremism, fear of depletions and the "limitless" exploitation of terrestrial resources, more sharing and equality ... but pkoi he did not call his book "Towards an ecological society"? : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

... strange that one is on the side of the dwarf and the other of the underdog ... : Mrgreen:

Especially since they seem to have the habit of working together! : Idea: :?: (Common book: "The paths of hope")

Otherwise another sociologist that I like is Gerard Mermet and for good reason: https://www.econologie.com/crise-bancair ... -3955.html
0 x