Solar thermal buffer: optimization and repair

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
Christophe

Solar thermal buffer: optimization and repair

by Christophe » 24/12/07, 10:58

Here are some pictures of optimization that I made work late October on our thermal buffer.

To recall or for newcomers, voic a principle: water from a water reserve buffer is sent to drain panels.

Photo from inside the buffer our arrived in the house, the water had evaporated over the years. This is a buffer of about 70 000 m70 2L heated by solar panels autoconstruction and drain.

The water from the buffer is one that runs directly in the panels (which reduces the bacterial growth seen temperatures in the panels).

The hygrostatic come exchangers recover heat from the buffer.

Here are the photos of the solar collectors that supply references: solar-thermal / solar-house-and-high-power-thermal-solar-panels-t5283.html
Last edited by Christophe the 18 / 08 / 10, 00: 43, 6 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/12/07, 11:12

And here are the pictures of the intervention:

A) Picture of the brave mason worker - 2 days insulator (ie BIBI):

B) Photograph of the existing situation before the intervention: each bright spot on the wall or beams that are drops of water that is reflecting the presence of THERMAL BRIDGES eliminate (or significantly reduce) through intervention by.

We are above the tank of course and the polystyrene placed on the wall actually goes down 3m (it is "cast" in the concrete of the casing).

C) inputs, and output stitching T °

D) It's gone! Hopla! I crawl on the "hot" slab ... Tropical atmosphere guaranteed! See the fog on the lens and my very red head (see below). This repair therefore has a second goal: to reduce as much as possible the EVAPORATIVE LOSS !

For regulars forumat the bottom, we see the repair I made early in the summer on the chimney (see https://www.econologie.com/forums/reparer-un ... t3564.html )

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/12/07, 11:29

E) Rohhh the ugly hole !! Here is a nice steam source (always on the goal impossible to remove)! Quickly plugs the ugly hole !! It rayonne not bad by putting hands on it (similar to a stove-20 30 cm) really amazing. Water buffer was still around the 40 ° C at that time.

There was a section of the 2ieme half that.

To get an idea of ​​the dimension, the pipes are pipes 22 mm.

F) Preparation of repair: notice that the bag was chosen circumstance : Cheesy:

G) Premiere layer of hydraulic mortar (sikalite walking to hell)

G) Once the layer of mortar 1ere asked, I attack the insulation of walls. I'll carry with styrofoam plate (extruded polystyrene) of 4cm thick.

It was a very difficult job because each plate had to be cut to measure while lying on the pad, that is to say in a hot atmosphere! Fortunately, the polystyrene made a little "mattress" In addition we had to think about making pictures (for you, etc.) :)

H) Finishing the mortar 24h after the 1ere layer:

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/12/07, 11:47

I) Bibi in action for the installation of the panels. Notice the color of the face reflecting a higher operating temperature and therefore a good diet cruise! : Cheesy:

The principle was to isolate one hand the wall (Callé small end) and also all the ceiling beams overlooking an exterior wall on the thickness of a panel.

On one side the panels are therefore wedged above the addition of insulation on the side of the walls (themselves wedged on the existing polystyrene), on the other they are "glued" to the ceiling with an ugly chemical glue in a cartridge. :?

J) of installed insulation intermediate Photo

K) That's it, the day is over! Behind me, you can see a "stuffing" of glass wool in the parts where it was impossible or difficult to place styrofoam (especially everywhere you touched the chimney ... you never know ...)

As you see, I was on the verge of tightening !! : Mrgreen:

0 x
pef
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pef » 30/12/07, 11:26

Well then, say it ! Good job .... It's nice the tropics in your moat : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/12/07, 14:42

Thank you I have a little chi ** !!

Too bad I do 1ere the year I will have no comparative figures for the winter where there is the most losses but I would have for spring and summer so this is already ca :)

Appointment when a few months so ...

ps: to measure perf, I would like to install a permanent recorder of T ° for annual monitoring I'll find out on what exists. If kk1 know the stuff?
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 30/12/07, 16:14

Bravo for your work! Impressively, this reserve 70 m2, and all the calories you can store completely by hot weather. Does the polystyrene is in contact with water?
At home, the small pool can not exceed 35 ° to not cook the liner and swimmers! If it has overheated the day, be cool at night by opening windows. That calories lost!
There is warmth in reserve for a long time. But at least the workpiece remains frost.
What is the temperature of your buffer tank?
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/12/07, 16:33

No Cuicui, there is a concrete slab of 15 cm (approximately) which has had a water repellent treatment ("casing") from below. You can see it well on the "internal" photo of the stamp, you can also see a piece of the first 2 photos where you can see BIBI : Mrgreen:

This panel also holds the exchangers.

It is also a sacred thermal bridge but fortunately everywhere (except at the level of the opening that we see on the photos) it is "confined" in 1 thickness of 15 cm of polytstyrene. At the opening I made a wooden plate with 10 cm of insulation.

This was the 48 ° C is Tate (if I remember correctly) measured 1.5m deep. Which is not bad given the losses that had evaporated and been rather pouri. So I hope the tater 60 ° C next year. Vera is good ... but I think that from a certain temperature better squarely cut the system if it is to heat the cellar ... are over too much sake.

The temperature is currently 25 ° C. She had risen to 30 ° C just before Christmas (5 sunny days in a row but nothing since the grisalle and fog duh).

I would like to point out that the buffer currently contributes 24/24 to the heating of the house (in PCs), the drop in T ° is therefore not only "losses".

Basically 1 ° C per day is lost (heating + DHW before deom + losses) and gains 1.5 ° C per day Winter beautiful full time.... But there is not all the time the sun unfortunately!
: Mrgreen: :frown:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/12/07, 16:37

In fact the storable energy in the water is not as huge as that!

On a delta 30 ° C was about 200L of oil... To 70 000L of cooled hot water 30 ° C so it is an interesting amount but it is far from huge.

Fortunately he did not ugly at all times! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 30/12/07, 16:38

Christophe wrote:The temperature is currently 25 ° C. She had risen to 30 ° C just before Christmas (5 sunny days in a row but nothing since the grisalle and fog duh).
I would point out that the buffer currently contributes 24/24 to the heating of the house (in PCs), the drop in T ° is therefore not just "losses". Basically 1 ° C per day is lost (heating + DHW before deom + losses) and gains 1.5 ° C per day Winter beautiful full time.... But there is not all the time the sun unfortunately!
: Mrgreen: :frown:

I am impressed by this performance. You have a system out of the ordinary. If you do not use the cellar for storing products cool, I do not mind the heat. If the earth is hot this all reduce losses.
Should more than just you devote some sensors m2 to heat a hot water tank.
25 °, would have been the perfect time to launch you in your work, warm when it's freezing outside!
With me, right now it's wood stove flat out not to be turned into statue of ice! In addition, as there is no sun at this time, must turn over the fireplace to get hot water to the faucet. My setup is the amateur work (am not even a plumber).
Last edited by Cuicui the 30 / 12 / 07, 16: 47, 2 edited once.
1 x