thermosyphon tubular simple heating for pool

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
Ericcccc
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

thermosyphon tubular simple heating for pool

by Ericcccc » 07/04/17, 15:47

Hello everybody

I would like to heat a children's pool with a Thermosiphon system.

The principle will be that when the filtration is not on the way, water can sink naturally in the solar collector.
A "T" will be installed at the outlet of the pump ('return to the pool) and from there will circulate in the sensor and will be injected above the pool.

Do you think this is realistic and achievable?

Herewith 2 plans of the principle.

Thank you in advance to all

Ericcccc
Attachments
Plan SWIMMING POOL SOLAR 2.pdf
(319.53 KB) Downloaded times 691
Plan SWIMMING POOL SOLAR 1.pdf
(768.26 KB) Downloaded times 1277
1 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Simple heating thermosiphon for tubular pool

by Philippe Schutt » 07/04/17, 17:42

Hello,

1.The panel should not be flat
2.as you estimating the necessary power, and deducing the surface of panels?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 07/04/17, 19:05

the thermosiphon requires a big temperature difference: almost boiling

swimming pool heating is the opposite: make the solar collector work at the lowest possible temperature for the best efficiency: donate circulation pump essential

if the solar collector is well made with a large passage section, a lower power pump than the filtration pump can suffice

Another problem of the thermosiphon, it is necessary that the source of heat is down and the thing to heat up: it was good for the boiler in the cellar ... but for a swimming pool the solar panel has the cellar that makes laugh

often the best place for the solar panel is on a roof to avoid the shadows: the circulation pump must oppose the thermosiphon: to bring down the hot water and to raise the cold water: fortunately thanks to the low temperature in the sensor, this reverse thermosiphon is easy to thwart
0 x
Ericcccc
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Ericcccc » 10/04/17, 10:02

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your comments and explanations.
So I give up the thermosiphon system and go to the system with an extra pump, but powered by a solar panel.

The cold water comes out of the pool, it is deflected by a Y towards the solar pump. Then the water is separated to enter each solar collector (according to what I found on the site, there is a better yield with a parallel connection). At the exit of the sensors it is rejected in the pool from above.

This system for me looks good, what do you think ?.

So here is a new assembly scheme.
Plan SWIMMING POOL SOLAR 3.pdf
(753.49 KB) Downloaded times 635

Thank you all.

Ericccc
0 x
Ericcccc
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Ericcccc » 10/04/17, 10:18

It is on that will cost me a little more expensive, buy a 12V pump for hot water and a solar panel 12V. But who knows, maybe I could use it for something else too.
I prefer to spend in solar, because to know 220V in the middle of the day and the children in the pool disturbs me.

For the pipe I thought to take the one of a watering, but it is necessary the biggest possible diameter not, 19mm?

Thank you

Ericcccc
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 10/04/17, 13:41

a photovoltaic panel to turn the pump is quite logical: more there is sun more pump runs fast, when there is no sun the pump does not turn ... no need for regulation

if the photovoltaic panel is too small the pump will not turn hard enough and the water temperature will rise too much

if the panel is too big there will be too much water circulating and the temperature will be low, but no inconvenient! the lower the temperature, the better the yield! the solar collector captures the maximum energy when the temperature is the lowest

if we waste the electricity of EDF to make an exaggerated flow is a waste, but if we simply plugged a photovoltaic without unnecessary regulator to think ... more it pump better it's worth
0 x
Ericcccc
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Ericcccc » 11/04/17, 16:02

You think my scheme is good ?.

Regarding the materials:
What should I use as hose .. watering, single drop (not expensive), other?
Put a window or not? ... I read that without window we get a better performance!
Dark corrugated iron?
Other..

Thank you in advance to all.

Ericccc

Plan SWIMMING POOL SOLAR 3.pdf
(753.49 KB) Downloaded times 391
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/04/17, 16:43

any depand of the temperature that we want

a window made a reflection of light (and even 2 one for the face of entered in the glass and another for the exit of the glass) it reduces the power recue

a window reduces the loss of heat when the ambient temperature is lower than the water temperature that we want: so when it is cold the gain with the glass is greater than the loss by reflection

To heat an outdoor swimming pool it is heated only when the outside temperature is already good enough, and we circulate water from the pool at low temperature: therefore glass not only useless but harmful

without glass, the problem of overheating is avoided: even in the event of a pump failure, the temperature of the pipes will be reasonable: the possibility of using plastic pipes of any kind, and thus to pass water directly from the pool without risk of corrosion.

with glass, the temperature goes up to melt the plastic if there is no water ... metal pipe essential, and incompatible with the water of the pool ... it takes a more exchanger

the window leads to a higher total price which is justified only if the main goal is to make a real solar heating of the house for the winter
0 x
Ericcccc
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Ericcccc » 12/04/17, 10:31

Thank you Chatelot16,

So I will recover 2 old parables that I will paint in black and install 2x20m there. of garden hose in 13. All mounted in parallel with quick couplings.

I'm going to look for a site, an 12V pump and a photovoltaic panel.
For an 12V pump, what power should I take for the panel ?. 10W, 30W or more?
Do I need a charge controller?

Thank you all.

Ericcccc : Lol:
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 06/05/17, 17:40

Sorry for the delay, I was gone.
In fact the difference of T ° directly influences the speed of circulation. However, it does not need to be high when there is virtually no pressure drop.
By using PVC pipes from 40 or 50, I do not see any problem with the thermosiphon, apart from the elimination of air.
For example, my heating worked for years with a boiler start to 30 °.

I will rest my first question, because the surface should be important knowing that one draws only 1kw by m2 panel ...
what is the volume of the pool? The temperature of your cold water?
0 x