solar heating autoconstruction

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
rubbish
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

solar heating autoconstruction

by rubbish » 27/02/17, 17:44

Hello,

Someone here would have tested this: https://mrmondialisation.org/construire ... -possible/ ?
From what I understood it would be simple thermal solar panels to be made even. And they made a software that displays power.
If anyone knows about it I would like to have opinions. Thank you

Leo
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Solar heating in self-construction

by lilian07 » 27/02/17, 21:20

Hi,
Obviously this panel self-build is polypropylene.
I can not judge the durability of the panel but I have already made measurements with PP (pool heating) associated with a polycarbonate plate to reduce the losses of the sensor and it is true that it is the thermal panel that is the most efficient (Kwh least expensive) compared to commercial competitors when the temperature Delta between outdoor air and panel water remains below 40.

Obviously this manufacturer has assembled elements of commerce (low cost) to make an accessible product.

For my part, I find his approach very interesting.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 28/02/17, 13:25

obviously there is nothing to see ... you have to pay first
http://sunberry.io/fr/description

for me polypropylene is good for making sensor without window for pool heating

pool heating is a special case where you need to heat when the outside temperature is not too low: a sensor without window is the best solution ... with glass reflection on the glass reduces the power .. without a window the sensor does not produce anything when it is too cold, but when it is too cold anyway we give up heating the pool

when you put a glass you can produce heat when it's cold, but the temperature can go up very high in summer if the water does not circulate: a polypropylene sensor with glass will be destroyed at the slightest breakdown of circulation. water ... it does not seem to me the right solution: to do something sustainable it is better the real tole ... not necessarily copper is too expensive, we can do things well with steel

but anyway this site http://sunberry.io/fr/description who shows nothing if you do not pay does not advance the schmilblick ... I do not want to be part of the gogo who will pay for nothing useful
0 x
rubbish
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by rubbish » 28/02/17, 20:55

According to their description, the panels do not exceed 90 ° C per design. They use a greenhouse film instead of a window, I think it must let the heat pass and prevent it from rising too high in temperature.

They speak of a yield up to 60% even in cold weather which seems pretty good, nothing to do with a sensor for swimming pool. What I find interesting is that they made an application that runs on a Rapsberry Pi and displays the power live (see the blog). I do not know how it works but it's good to be able to see the production, so we know if the panels are effective or not.

I sent them an email to know more, we'll see.
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 28/02/17, 22:59

It is true that the danger is the blow of heating in summer with breakdown of the circulator and it will certainly happen.
If the panel does not exceed 90 ° it can hold but it should not be too hard because it is really limited for this matter.
My measurement returns on EPDM: (which is a similar material to PP in performance but is more durable and more resistant to temperature)

EPDM Nu: t ° ext = 21 ° for a sensor output temperature at 41 ° and irradiation of 946W, I get a power of 416W
EPDM Nu: t ° ext = 0 ° ir 955 W: P = 0 (null yield)

Glazed EPDM with polycarbonate 4mm: t ° ext = 21 ° for a sensor output temperature at 41 ° and an irradiation of 946W, I get a power of 552W
This value is consistent with Sunberry's experiences

Glazed EPDM with polycarbonate 4mm: t ° ext = 0 ° for a sensor output temperature at 41 ° and irradiation of 955W, I get a power of 417W (all the same)

The addition of a reporting tool is possible with this kind of similar tool but for all the energies of the house.
http://linuxfr.org/news/openenergymonit ... nergetique (a little expensive)

Besides the difficulty of overheating I find that the greenhouse film is too fragile and is not sustainable enough.

However I like the principle of this research to produce a very affordable solar Kwh.
This facility will have difficulties producing DHW.

Case to follow loan.
0 x
rubbish
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by rubbish » 01/03/17, 12:36

Thank you for the info on the epdm, super interesting. It may be possible to replace their polyprylene with epdm.
The polypro melts at 135 ° C so if the panel goes up to 90 it leaves a little margin.
At 40 € the panel is really cheap I think I will test.

From what I understand, the greenhouse film is given for 4 years of life and it is it that prevents overheating by letting the panel heat when it is too hot. 4 years it leaves time to see but it is that if you have to climb on the roof to change it is not practical.

Opennergy monitor looks good but looks more suitable for supervising photovoltaics.
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 01/03/17, 22:32

Hi,
For information polycarbonate 4 mm double glazing me back to 6 euros / m2 to repair a greenhouse plastic destroyed.
On the other hand as it is more insulating it must be reserved the opportunity to let the air in the panel (which means a small change)
Another advantage of EPDM in a sheet is that it can operate at "atmospheric pressure" and therefore in the event of the pump being cut off, more water in the circuit.
The purchase of 2.6m 2 panel at 40 euros is not the only ruin to learn the operation of solar thermal ....
Good luck
0 x
rubbish
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by rubbish » 10/03/17, 20:59

Your polycarbonate is really cheap. Would you have an address or get one?
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 10/03/17, 21:45

Hi,
You will find horticultural greenhouse polycarbonate here:
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/10-25-M-Plaque-D ... Sw2gxYuYIL

No problem of quality I have already used this product for a small greenhouse there is 5 years .... it has not moved.
0 x
rubbish
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by rubbish » 10/03/17, 22:32

Super, thank you very much for the link and especially for the return on sustainability;)
0 x