Configure MPPT regulator network communication

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
darwenn
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Configure MPPT regulator network communication

by darwenn » 31/12/19, 14:15

Good morning all. My question may be a little complex, but I have an MPPT charge regulator, Chinese brand AMINPVT (https://www.ampinvt.com/collections/mpp ... -batteries)

This has an RJ45 (RS485) COM port and via a smartphone application we can retrieve all the graphical data of load, power etc ... So, this is where it gets tough. To communicate with the MPPT, you need an RS485-> WIFI converter module and connect to the said module via WiFi with your mobile phone and the application. The module acting as an intermediary between the MPPT and the smartphone application connected by WIFI.

The said module (model IM-WR4) is sold for $ 49 but with $ 91 shipping (so forget it). Here is a video explaining how to configure the app with their WIFI module: http://www.inverteriot.com/file/envideo.mp4

I already have an RS485-> WIFI converter, a model: USR-W610, but unlike the Chinese module, it is not preconfigured to communicate immediately with the MPPT. It has CLOUD mode, like Chinese module, I guess it is for memorizing data before transfer. Here is the doc: https://www.usriot.com/download/WIFI/US ... 0.1.01.pdf

I have of course made several communication and configuration tests, but I get lost and have a poor understanding of the network parameters. This is where I ask for your help. I have no difficulty in configuring the WIFI access with the SSID and the password, I can connect to my module via my phone or via my PC in RJ45, but I cannot communicate with the MPPT, it is not recognized by the application. So I think that my RS485-> Wifi converter module is necessarily incorrectly configured (between LAN / WLAN, CLOUD, DHCP, STA or AP etc ...)

Who could help me?

Thank you in advance.
0 x
darwenn
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Configure MPPT regulator network communication

by darwenn » 31/12/19, 15:08

Small error on my part, I realize that the com port of MPPT is RS-485 standard and even if the connector is an RJ-45, the standard has nothing to do. I must already start by identifying which are the two RX and TX wires on the MPPT side in the connector, and then connect them to my 2-wire terminal block of my WIFI module (it has a 2-wire terminal block written RS-485).

Question: do I have to cross the RX and TX cables? (it's Half Duplex)
Question: How to locate these 2 wires in the RJ connector on the MPPT side?

I plan to cut an RJ45 cable on one side to use only these 2 wires.
0 x
darwenn
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Configure MPPT regulator network communication

by darwenn » 31/12/19, 16:53

For your information, I succeeded in connecting the whole and my RS485-> WIFI converter now has its link indicator light on green. You just have to find the right parameters to communicate the application with the MPPT.
0 x