Forests against solar panels

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Forests against solar panels

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 29/08/18, 22:37

I do not know if there are Var in the corner but at the exit of Draguignan direction Comps they shaved a pine wood (memory) a few weeks ago ...

I thought, what are you going to build: a subdivision?

Well this week I got the answer: a solar panel field.

My faith that leaves me wary.

Should we rejoice that we cut forests to make solar or not?
That is the question... Image
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Forests against solar panels

by Ahmed » 29/08/18, 22:52

It is very symbolic: replacement of autonomous solar collectors by solar collectors produced by the technology ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 30/08/18, 08:46

Why choose between forest and photovoltaic?

the forest can be used as an energy sensor, for example, because it is self-constructed and produces wood that is easily storable and can be used as a fuel during the night in winters

the photovoltaic sensor has a power captured by m2 stronger than the forest, but we must pay them from the beginning! much more expensive than waiting for trees to grow

except that in some areas the forest burns too often ... while the glass and the silicon of the photovoltaics do not burn ... well, there is still a layer of plastic that can burn, but the fire does not propagate there not

so we could share the forest that may burn by photovoltaic strips ... do not make a large rectangle of photovoltaic fire can bypass

of course, mixing the photovoltaic and the natural forest will shock some who will find an aesthetic problem ... the same as those against the wind turbine

for me to share the forest by photovoltaic tape would have the beauty of efficiency

photovoltaic surfaces could be used to collect rainwater, and store it, and give it to trees when it is missing: to grow a tree needs water and sun simultaneously: in areas where there is risk fire is the water that limits the growth not the sun: if we put photovoltaic surface and that we give the water captured to the trees it will grow better: the area occupied in photovoltaic would not reduce the production total of wood ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 30/08/18, 11:28

Photovoltaic fires: not stupid at all Image
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 06/02/21, 12:10

The Horizeo project by Engie and Neoen arouses the anger of an environmental association
Since the announcement of the Horizeo project, which provides for the clearing of 1000 hectares of pine forest in Gironde to install a photovoltaic park, an electrolyser and a data center, the Sepanso environmental association has protested against a "Ecological nonsense". A public debate is scheduled for the second half of 2021.

JANUARY 14, 2021 GWÉNAËLLE STANDING UP

Officially announced on January 11, the Horizeo project provides for the installation of a 1 GWp solar park, an electrolyzer, a data center and an agrivoltaic area. But for it to see the light of day by 2025-2026, its establishment will require clearing 1000 hectares of maritime pines from the forest of Saucats (Gironde). "We chose this location in particular because of the proximity of the RTE transformer station in Saucats which offers a rare injection capacity in the region and in France and which will be able to receive the 1 GWp of the photovoltaic park", explains Mathieu Le Grelle , spokesperson for the project in an interview with pv magazine France.

But for the association for the defense of the environment Sepanso (Society for the study, protection and development of nature in the South-West), this decision does not pass and installing the solar park in this location is a real ecological nonsense. "We are staunch supporters of renewable energies and photovoltaics, but not under any conditions, protests Philippe Barbedienne, representative of Sepanso in Gironde. These installations must be virtuous and this cannot be the case when they replace the forest or any other natural environment. Especially since in France, we have no shortage of already artificial land, as well as roofs and parking lots! ".

2000 hectares replanted

The portion of the forest in question is currently made up of fenced plots used for timber production and processing by local businesses and is also the site of two commercial hunts per year. Aware of the problem, Engie and Horizeo claim to have identified the problem and have already indicated that the clearing would be the subject of compensatory measures. “If we obtain clearance for land clearing, we intend to compensate with 2000 hectares of forest, still in the New Aquitaine region to stay as close as possible to the local sector, insists Mathieu Le Grelle. For this, we will borrow a biological cycle from the production of pine trees. In fact, as part of their management plan, these forests are cleared every 28 years in order to exploit the trunks and replant new trees. So we will do the same ”.

https://www.pv-magazine.fr/2021/01/14/l ... nementale/
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 06/02/21, 21:10

Countervailing measures constitute a "concrete" argument. Apart from the fact that in this case the application is not clear (where would there be a deserted area of ​​2000 ha?), It would be in the best case (sic) of an industrial production of trees: We don't get out of it ... Anyway, once the authorization is in hand, who will check the substance of the subsequent compensation?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 06/02/21, 21:30

Then it's not as if the maritime pine in monoculture was comparable to a century-old deciduous forest. We don't care about maritime pine, it grows like quackgrass (yes, I know I'm exaggerating, but hardly). : Mrgreen:
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 08/02/21, 19:49

So we can raze the million ha of the Landes pine forest since it grows fast ?! : roll:

The question is not how it grows. Yes, it grows quickly and easily, pine.
The question is that of green spaces when they are replaced by a useless, expensive, and polluting industry.
0 x

Back to "Renewable energy: solar electricity"