Can we repair the CFL?

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
dudull2
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Can we repair the CFL?

by dudull2 » 29/11/07, 09:36

Hello,

Numerous observations show that low and medium range compact fluorescent lamps do not have the expected longevity.

However I have the impression that there must not be many loose components.

So before having to recycle everything, can't we change these components?

If yes, does anyone have a clue to identify the cause of the failure without electrocuting?

Thank you
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/11/07, 09:48

Generally what loosens on the lamps of "m ** rde" (ikea and discounter without brand) is the preheating filament .... therefore the tube and therefore the repair is difficult to envisage.

Delnoram will tell you more, it has already taken apart quite a lot ...

Only solution: know how to invest a little more at the start. This is the price of tranquility ... we offer a few models: economic and LED bulbs

Finally it often costs more to buy discount (and it is valid for many field), style the Chinese flat keys with single use (I do not know how it does to make a metal so soft) :D... all this has a significant environmental cost.
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 29/11/07, 19:08

Christophe wrote:Delnoram will tell you more, it has already taken apart quite a lot ...

Ha!!! it was you who whistled my ears at work !!! : Mrgreen:

What do you want me to say more, the breakdown that I see most often is due as you said to the filament of loose heat.

The electronic assembly can give up the ghost too, but from there to be able to repair it there is a way, the dismantling of the bulb is often breaking the socket holder ...

I only "repaired" a bulb because I had several copies and 3 broken down, one of which was due to the electronics and 2 to the filament, therefore replacing one to the other ...
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 29/11/07, 20:46

delnoram, would you have identified the faulty component on those where the electronics are HS, I have an Osram which dropped me and the fillament looks good, 12ohms each.
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 29/11/07, 21:41

Petrus wrote:delnoram, would you have identified the faulty component on those where the electronics are HS, I have an Osram which dropped me and the fillament looks good, 12ohms each.

Well no, nothing visible, it was because of a faulty switch that it dropped, probably a transistor, but as I had a simpler and safer solution to get a result, I did not insist.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"

"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
iso14000
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by iso14000 » 30/11/07, 13:23

+1 to say that these lamps are big sea @! # Es, especially the low-end models; IKEA only sells disposables and so-called "low-consumption" lamps are one of them.

I personally banished these lamps from my home, I instead made my incandescent lamps more robust by connecting to them a device which allows to heat the filament gently. For consumption: I train friends and family to turn off an unused light fixture.

I look forward to my LED lamps (I will take them apart to analyze them).

The fact that France wants to ban filament lamps offends me and bristles my hairs!
0 x
dudull2
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by dudull2 » 03/12/07, 07:57

OK

Thank you for these lights I will take a look at these filaments.

Thank you
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 03/12/07, 09:13

if the cheap eco lamps were only less reliable ....., but too often they give less flow than the lamps of big brand!
personally, I favor the good old TL tube with ballast and choke: there are even some that have a very acceptable spectrum (series 83 and 84 of philips, among others)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 03/12/07, 11:22

: Arrow: Having dismantled the last compact fluorescents that have dropped in my home, I noticed the failure of the tube and the overall quality of the components very poor ... :frown:

I reused the caps and replaced the tube with Integrated Circuits with 48LED. : Idea:

I'll have to take pictures of you ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 03/12/07, 13:59

iso14000 wrote:+1 to say that these lamps are big seas @! # Es, especially the models not of range; IKEA only sells disposables and so-called "low-consumption" lamps are one of them.

I personally banished these lamps from my home, I instead made my incandescent lamps more robust by connecting to them a device which allows to heat the filament gently. For consumption: I train friends and family to turn off an unused light fixture.

I look forward to my LED lamps (I will take them apart to analyze them).

The fact that France wants to ban filament lamps offends me and bristles my hairs!

Excessive reaction linked to the use of low-end equipment: indeed, personally, I use compact fluorescent lamps since they exist and I find that those of big brands like Philips and Osram are quite reliable. there are more than these lamps, except in places of passage. In my stay, a fluorescent philips circolux of 32W which lights (for 5 years) like the old allogene of 150w!
Those which are sold by ikéa and other signs at low prices are of Chinese manufacture (to be avoided absolutely!), Of a shabby quality, very random duration, poor performance, lighting clearly less powerful than announced, strong fall of power with l 'wear (internal deposits on the tubes).
Currently I use osram "daylight" lamps purchased from an electrical engineering wholesaler because they are not available to the general public: very satisfactory in all respects (except pale light when switched on), pleasant sunlight (these lamps must be chosen more powerful than the "yellow" lamps otherwise it is not pleasant).

LED lamps are not at all interesting at the moment (very poor light / congestion / price ratio and very average performance)
White LEDs consume as much if not more than a compact fluorescent lamp with equal luminous flux. On the other hand, LEDs are interesting for small light points or boat lights for example (red LEDs are those that have the best performance) ...
0 x

Back to "failure, troubleshooting and repair: repair yourself? "