Reference "GERMAN STYLE" pallet truck seals which has a leak

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Moonstruck
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Reference "GERMAN STYLE" pallet truck seals which has a leak

by Moonstruck » 11/01/22, 11:17

Hello everybody
New to the site, I need to change the seals on my leaking pallet truck. the problem is that I don't have the reference of my pallet truck to find the right seal kit. On the body of the pump is marked: "GERMAN STYLE". but I can't find any info about this brand. there is also a label on the forks but a letter is not readable: "CBG? - Hand Pallet" it dates from 2010 and its serial number is 100/1562/128

Does anyone have an idea or a lead? are all seal kits versatile. I dare not take it apart before having the right references. and is it useful to change all gaskets or just the leaking one.

Thank you in advance

Monnstruck
0 x
Christophe

Re: "GERMAN STYLE" pallet truck seal reference

by Christophe » 11/01/22, 11:26

Hi and welcome here

Where exactly is he running from? From the cylinder rod I imagine? Add here 1 or 2 photos that we understand better (attachments function)

If it is there, they are oil seals and it is more or less standardized. Especially since your machine is fairly recent.

123roule has a very complete range of gaskets: https://www.123roulement.com/gamme-joints

If in any case you have to disassemble to repair the leak, you might as well do it now to precisely measure the seal (s) ...
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Reference "GERMAN STYLE" pallet truck seals which has a leak

by Ahmed » 11/01/22, 12:01

Agree with advice from Christophe. As for changing all the seals, it is useless if your device is recent, otherwise it can be considered as a preventive mechanical intervention. Another factor to consider is the importance of the use of the machine: if it's occasional, you just change the defective seal, if it is intensive and strategic it will be more judicious to anticipate the failure. ..

NB: if it is an O-ring which is in question, in addition to the easy-to-find standard dimensions, it is always possible for off-dimensions, and especially large diameters, to glue the gasket "by the meter" by cutting it to size. the right length ...
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Moonstruck
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: "GERMAN STYLE" pallet truck seal reference

by Moonstruck » 11/01/22, 12:17

Christophe wrote:Hi and welcome here

Where exactly is he running from? From the cylinder rod I imagine? Add here 1 or 2 photos that we understand better (attachments function)

If it is there, they are oil seals and it is more or less standardized. Especially since your machine is fairly recent.

123roule has a very complete range of gaskets: https://www.123roulement.com/gamme-joints

If in any case you have to disassemble to repair the leak, you might as well do it now to precisely measure the seal (s) ...

Hi Christopher,
thank you for your quick reply. yes it is leaking from the cylinder rod. I started to disassemble, I removed the rod from the cylinder, there is indeed a blue seal at the base of the large nut (the oil seal I imagine). do we need to change others inside the body? and do you advise me to change all joints (since it is dismantled)
Thanks to you.

20220109_171911.jpg

20220111_120812.jpg

20220111_120840.jpg
1 x
Moonstruck
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Moonstruck » 11/01/22, 12:22

Ahmed wrote:Agree with advice from Christophe. As for changing all the seals, it is useless if your device is recent, otherwise it can be considered as a preventive mechanical intervention. Another factor to consider is the importance of the use of the machine: if it's occasional, you just change the defective seal, if it is intensive and strategic it will be more judicious to anticipate the failure. ..

NB: if it is an O-ring which is in question, in addition to the easy-to-find standard dimensions, it is always possible for off-dimensions, and especially large diameters, to glue the gasket "by the meter" by cutting it to size. the right length ...

Hi Ahmed,
Thank you for your answer. it is more than occasional use, since it is in my personal garage. (therefore rare use) I will therefore only change the defective seal.
Big thanks to you
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/01/22, 12:26

Cool for the pictures!

If it does not leak elsewhere, no reason to change everything because as Ahmed says, the machine is rather recent ... now you can examine in detail if there are not microleaks elsewhere (there are not 36 attached on a pallet truck)

The one that works the most is the cylinder and it looks like a big spinnaker seal.

Take it apart and take the dimensions (be careful to release the pressure before), given its size I would say that you should get by for less than 10 € on 123rollings ...

Is the cylinder rod in good condition? If scratched changing the seal will be useless ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/01/22, 12:41

It is indeed a lip seal, a classic in this use: it is the pressure which pushes on the lip and the plate on the cylinder. As it is quite thin, it is normal for it to wear out. Now, a slight seep is not unusual without it requiring replacement: it all depends on the quantity that escapes.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/01/22, 12:44

That's it !

This is the problem with many motorcycles not used for a while ... the seal eventually hardens ...

Check the surface condition of the rod anyway (with a fingernail) ...
0 x
Moonstruck
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Moonstruck » 11/01/22, 12:53

Christophe wrote:Cool for the pictures!

If it does not leak elsewhere, no reason to change everything because as Ahmed says, the machine is rather recent ... now you can examine in detail if there are not microleaks elsewhere (there are not 36 attached on a pallet truck)

The one that works the most is the cylinder and it looks like a big spinnaker seal.

Take it apart and take the dimensions (be careful to release the pressure before), given its size I would say that you should get by for less than 10 € on 123rollings ...

Is the cylinder rod in good condition? If scratched changing the seal will be useless ...

Thank you 2 for your answers. I will therefore only change the top spinnaker seal. the cylinder is in good condition. I am reassured because while watching some videos on the net, I was a little scared because the complete disassembly seemed quite complex with in addition to the jonts in all the corners ...

thanks again...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/01/22, 12:56

Keep us posted if it worked :)
0 x