Notice Bifinett induction hob: good but takes water and does not light up, idea of ​​lasting repair!

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Christophe

Notice Bifinett induction hob: good but takes water and does not light up, idea of ​​lasting repair!

by Christophe » 19/07/21, 16:33

For more than 3 years I have been using almost exclusively a small Bifinett induction hob for cooking: it is faster, better regulated and allows 20 to 30% savings than the ceramic glass or the classic electric hob. I am therefore very happy ... beware of the aluminum it heats up very quickly with the induction (personally I have turned all my aluminum utensils and I advise you to do the same!)

Bought more than 10 years ago from Lidl it seems to me, she was hanging out in a closet for years, we see that she has already lived:

bifinett_4.jpg
bifinett_4.jpg (377.73 KiB) Viewed 6706 times

This model has a big design flaw because when you simmer and there is condensed water falling on the plate or its support it enters through the ventral fan:

bifinett_2.jpg
bifinett_2.jpg (107.16 KiB) Viewed 6706 times

And that messes up the electronics of the control panel (ignition on / off ...):

bifinett_1.jpg
bifinett_1.jpg (139.5 KiB) Viewed 6706 times

I had recursive failures: the control panel no longer turns on when it is wet, and for good reason, it is not protected at all. The power part is better protected.

I presume tens of thousands of Bifinett plates were thrown away for this, when a simple drying is enough.

There I was fed up with having to open the plate every 6 months, so I optimized the trick by putting a large heat-shrinkable sleeve on the part that was causing the problem.

bifinett.jpg
bifinett.jpg (126.69 KiB) Viewed 6706 times

bifinett_3.jpg
bifinett_3.jpg (104.67 KiB) Viewed 6706 times

The difficulty was to find the holes once the gain was made! : Cheesy:

The lower part is the display, I was too lazy to cut a sheath but I would do it if ever that was not enough for protection. A waterproofing lacquer could have done the trick as well I suspect.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Notice Bifinett induction hob: good but takes water and does not light up, idea of ​​lasting repair!

by izentrop » 20/07/21, 01:13

You could also have used a tropicalization varnish https://www.bmjelec.com/wp-content/uplo ... IS-NET.pdf
0 x
Christophe

Re: Notice Bifinett induction hob: good but takes water and does not light up, idea of ​​lasting repair!

by Christophe » 20/07/21, 11:49

Yes izy, that's what I meant by waterproofing lacquer ...

CHARACTERISTICS :
- The plasticizer varnish is a colorless protective varnish based on acrylic copolymer. The formed film
is shiny, flexible, transparent, hydrophobic and very resistant.
- It effectively protects printed circuits and other electronic assemblies, against the media
aggressive: humid heat, salt air, vapors, oils ... After rapid drying, the varnish is thermo
weldable.
- It ensures the laminating of documents.

I'll keep you posted if the trick works for the long haul!
0 x