Loss of heating power of a microwave oven?

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Christophe

Loss of heating power of a microwave oven?

by Christophe » 25/02/21, 17:22

Everything is in the title ... I see that my new microwave oven, which is only a few months old and no more than 5 or 6 hours of continuous use (when I can do without it I do it), heats food much much slower than during the first uses ... :? :? :?

How is it possible ? Why this loss of power? And how to quantify this loss? Where is the power consumption going (which certainly shouldn't have dropped ... I'm afraid of the answer ...)

I take this opportunity to unearth an ancestral but very interesting subject: measurement and calculation of the efficiency of a microwave oven

(which should undoubtedly partly answer my questions above)

And this one too science-and-technology / microwave-myths-and-reality-t2596.html
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Loss of heating power of a microwave oven?

by Macro » 25/02/21, 19:46

HS antenna
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/02/21, 19:53

What is he saying? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

It still heats up but more as quickly as before ...

Where do the electric Wh go?
0 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 25/02/21, 20:48

it is still under warranty?
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 25/02/21, 22:16

The HS antenna can also continue to do its job ... Less efficiently ... could not remember the exact name ... The magnetron ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/02/21, 00:18

thibr wrote:it is still under warranty?

Probably he is only a few months old but I would like to know the cause of this fall ... because if it happens it concerns a lot of ovens ... but people don't notice it ... as long as it is heating up again ... even a little ... imagine the waste of energy across the country and especially where is this energy going?

I'm going to plug an ammeter into it to see what it's still really consuming ...

I estimate at more than 50% the drop in heating ... I had to put 15 min which cooked in 7 min before ... it's subjective but the drop is substantial ...

Ok macro but I don't touch that ... : Cheesy:
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 26/02/21, 01:00

Christophe wrote:

Have you looked to see if the idle jet isn't clogged? Image
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 26/02/21, 08:50

Christophe wrote:
thibr wrote:it is still under warranty?

Probably he is only a few months old but I would like to know the cause of this fall ... because if it happens it concerns a lot of ovens ... but people don't notice it ... as long as it is heating up again ... even a little ... imagine the waste of energy on a world scale and especially where is this energy going?

I'm going to plug an ammeter into it to see what it's still really consuming ...

I estimate at more than 50% the drop in heating ... I had to put 15 min which cooked in 7 min before ... it's subjective but the drop is substantial ...

Well if you don't touch ... You won't know ... You will bring back your oven which will be taken as guarantee, you will have a new one, and the old one will end up in the store's WEEE dumpster ...

Afterwards you can also do a search on google with the brand and type of your oven .... You may come across some forum or RS where there are guys quite knowledgeable in electromerdier .... They allowed me to save a lot of stuff ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/02/21, 08:52

I don't touch because if I dismantle I would really want to make a microwave gun for the yellow vests !! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Otherwise of course I would like to repair it but the magnetron in spare part is certainly worth twice the price of the oven ... no?
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 26/02/21, 18:13

Already take a consumption measurement to see if it consumes its original power, and you can also see if the magnetron is not visibly damaged by looking behind the mica sheet inside the oven.
My parents had a microwave that worked but sparked on the back rack inside the oven.
0 x