Pellematic S15 - Pelletronic + regulation fault

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Celaz74
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pellematic S15 - Pelletronic + regulation fault

by Celaz74 » 03/08/20, 15:13

I have a problem with my boiler regulation which left me stranded recently. The boiler starts even when it is hot enough and the DHW is hot (coupled solar panel system).
I noticed that the DHW temperature indicated in the "general / measures-instructions" menu is totally inconsistent (-30,6 ° C while the probe on the solar tank indicates 70 ° C).
I brought in the company that provides maintenance by explaining my observations to them. Response, after consultation with the Ökofen distributor in Chambéry: replacement of the controller and the regulation, cost around € 3000.
A few months ago, the boiler sensor was replaced because this time it was the boiler temperature that was inconsistent ...
What to think of this diagnosis?
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Pellematic S15 - Pelletronic + regulation fault

by dede2002 » 03/08/20, 18:12

Hello,

The diagnosis seems quite expensive ...

What is the automaton? it seems weird to suggest changing two components at the same time.

To begin with, it would be necessary to check whether the DHW temperature probe is correctly connected to the regulation, with a correct resistance value.
2 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 03/08/20, 19:24

it smells like a rip-off ...

Do you have a writing?
2 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Celaz74
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Celaz74 » 03/08/20, 21:42

The controller is a CMP 1.4, it is hidden behind the front of the boiler. If I decipher the estimate correctly, it is not compatible with the new regulation ...
And yes, I have a writing, the quote.
I asked that a technician call me back for an explanation.
The problem is that without a boiler, if the sun runs out, I no longer have hot water ... suddenly I'm a little stuck and I need it to go fast. From there to what they take the opportunity to scam me, I dare to hope that this is not their plan.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/08/20, 12:51

It obviously seems to me that this is a problem with the temperature sensor.

So check if the values ​​are good ... at the input of the regulation (which also allows to check the cable)

You can take a measurement with a cup of water heated to around 80 ° C and note the temperature and probe values ​​as it cools. Often the probes are simple K thermocouple.

A K thermocouple costs less than 5 €.

Or they are thermistors, same price.

See what the leaflet says about it.

Not all professionals are professionals ... in the technical sense of the term!
0 x
Celaz74
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Celaz74 » 09/08/20, 11:29

Unfortunately, the problem is not with the probe. It has been verified. It is the automaton which is faulty. And as it is no longer done, it must be changed ... And the display too, since it is no longer compatible with the new PLC.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/08/20, 12:16

Verified by whom? You or them?

It is quite surprising that a temperature controller breaks down on a temperature measurement ... because it is still trivial and the basis of their function!

I have one that has been working for 40 years!

But if it really is, open it and see if something is burnt on the motherboard. If it happens there is a variable calibration resistor or a resistor that's messing around ... Easy to change that.

Okofen is a serious company, I think you can ask them for the circuit diagram ... see if they still have a model or motherboard in stock ...

Otherwise, if it's more complex, maybe look at the micro-welding repairers in your area ... they can work wonders for a few tens of euros!

Personally I was able to repair a playstation whose HDMI chip was screwed up ... for € 30 the guy changed the HDMI chip to me!
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 09/08/20, 13:33

Totally agree ....

WE want you to believe things, and when we do not know, it's easier to change a whole module, than to replace the "fuse" ....

31 years ago, on a car, hydraulic clutch, I was told, transmitter and receiver HS ...

At the time, 20 cts of Francs ...
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Celaz74
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Celaz74 » 10/08/20, 19:16

You are right, it is painful not to be able to have anything fixed. The problem is, time is against me. I'm going on vacation and if the sun is less present when I come back, more hot water!
Anyone have any idea how we can test this probe? Where are the connections? on which terminal? What are we supposed to find for value? If it's a TCK I can measure one that is functional, I use it in my job, but I don't have a PT100 probe on hand.
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 10/08/20, 19:49

If there is a thermostat on the boiler, operate the boiler permanently by bypassing the regulation. It will automatically shut off when the temperature is reached, pending repair of the regulation.
0 x