Valiant water heater failure

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Gillou 30
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Valiant water heater failure

by Gillou 30 » 02/04/20, 18:12

Hello everyone
I have a little problem, I have a valiant water heater mag 9 / 2xz in my camping car and it no longer works
when i start it the pilot light comes on without problem and as soon as i open the hot water it turns off
I tried it gently it turns on, but as soon as I open the hot water tap a little more, it turns off
I changed the membrane and cleaned the body, but nothing, still the same problem : Evil:
I hope you get an idea I am at heart
thank you in advance
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: brave water heater failure

by GuyGadebois » 02/04/20, 18:18

Gillou 30 wrote:Hello everyone
I have a little problem, I have a valiant water heater mag 9 / 2xz in my camping car and it no longer works
when i start it the pilot light comes on without problem and as soon as i open the hot water it turns off
I tried it gently it turns on, but as soon as I open the hot water tap a little more, it turns off
I changed the membrane and cleaned the body, but nothing, still the same problem : Evil:
I hope you get an idea I am at heart
thank you in advance

This is often caused by a blocked nozzle (partially or completely). In your case, perhaps partially, or a faulty thermocouple.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Gillou 30
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Gillou 30 » 03/04/20, 12:00

Thank you for the answer
is there any way to test this thermocouple
please
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/04/20, 12:23

It is important to check that the thermocouple is well in the flow of the pilot flame: it is one of the consequences of fouling the nozzle that causing a distortion of the flame thus preventing the thermocouple from acting.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Gillou 30
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Brave water heater failure

by Gillou 30 » 06/04/20, 17:49

Hello
this weekend I did a try again by bringing the thermocouple tip a little closer to the flame but nothing better always the same bp
as soon as I open the hot water a little more, the ramps will go out and go into safety : Shock:
and the nozzle is clean, I don't understand
is there a way to test the thermocouple
please
0 x