washing machine drain plug problem

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
virgul
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

washing machine drain plug problem

by virgul » 22/02/20, 16:05

Hello I have a problem my washing machine drain plug is blocked I managed to take a turn with pliers and after none. So I broke it. What must I dismantle the machine to have access to the drain pump? please do you have a solution to unscrew it ??
Thank you in advance
virgul
Attachments
IMG_20200222_065449 (1) .jpg
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: washing machine drain plug problem

by izentrop » 22/02/20, 17:00

Hello,

Try to grab the border with pliers.
The cap is sold alone.

To avoid blocking, do not coat screws and joints with silicone grease.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 22/02/20, 17:13

Virgul wrote:Hello I have a problem my washing machine drain plug is blocked I managed to take a turn with pliers and after none. So I broke it. What must I dismantle the machine to have access to the drain pump? please do you have a solution to unscrew it ??
Thank you in advance
virgul

In the state (it looks like some parts of the support are broken) it would be necessary to heat a small tab *, place it on the edge in the middle of the cap in order to make a small groove (1 or 2 mm deep) in order to be able to force cap. Subject to not continuing to fart everything, in which case, it will also be necessary to change the part set or glued to the body of the washing machine. Good luck finding inexpensive parts.

0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 22/02/20, 17:41

A good solution would be to drill 2 holes in the stopper, as far apart as possible, but without touching the part that receives the stopper, then introduce the 2 nozzles with a small straight pliers * (or circlip pliers), then unscrew. ..
For the new cap, silicone grease (water resistant) is good advice ...

* Or even a simple cleat with 2 protruding points, at the spacing of the holes ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 22/02/20, 18:27

Ahmed wrote:A good solution would be to drill 2 holes in the stopper, as far apart as possible, but without touching the part that receives the stopper, then introduce the 2 nozzles with a small straight pliers * (or circlip pliers), then unscrew. ..
For the new cap, silicone grease (water resistant) is good advice ...

* Or even a simple cleat with 2 protruding points, at the spacing of the holes ...

If you pierce, the cap must be changed. With my suggestion, it is possible to save it.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 22/02/20, 18:33

Yes, I started on this assumption, but your suggestion was interesting. However, it is better to have several options, starting with the least destructive ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 22/02/20, 18:52

Ahmed wrote:Yes, I started on this assumption, but your suggestion was interesting. However, it is better to have several options, starting with the least destructive ...

Yeah! Several solutions are better than one.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 22/02/20, 21:10

I suppose that the solution has been found for a long time, otherwise I also happen to make the tool for the occasion and avoid having to order the part, but for that you must have jigsaw and disc chainsaw on hand.

Like cutting two half moons out of 2 or 3 cm thick board, which would match the deep start, on each side of the broken part.
The whole fixed on a piece of board or flat iron serving as a handle, like:
tool.gif
tool.gif (3.73 KiB) Viewed 14837 times

Or more simply a wooden washer marrying the largest diameter and fixed with screws pointing the edge of the stopper, with 2 holes to put a handle or use Ahmed's circlip pliers. : Wink:
0 x