Deca Starmicro 180 inverter welding machine that blows the pellets of my circuit breaker

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
ronchp83
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Deca Starmicro 180 inverter welding machine that blows the pellets of my circuit breaker

by ronchp83 » 17/10/17, 09:36

hello to all, I have my inverter welding machine, a Deca starmicro 180, which breaks my circuit breaker when I turn it on, I admit I dropped it because I did not take it well in hand , if a person can help me to know what to do and how to fix, because there is no repairer soldering post in Polynesia thank you.
0 x
Christophe

Re: Deca Starmicro 180 inverter welding machine that breaks my circuit breaker's lead

by Christophe » 17/10/17, 15:18

How many amps does the circuit breaker jump? It's a differential?

It is possible that inventing it creates a peak of current during the connection and that the maximum amperage of the breaker is exceeded, so to try with a circuit breaker bigger ...

I have one of 100A plugged into an 16A (3600W) it passes but it's limited ...
So plugging an 150A Inverter into an 16A is not enough.

Here is the nameplate of the one I use: a Ceval Invertarc 100

Ceval_Ivertarc_100.jpg
0 x
ronchp83
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Deca Starmicro 180 inverter welding machine that breaks my circuit breaker's lead

by ronchp83 » 17/10/17, 20:24

Hi Christophe, the breaker is 16 A and it's not a differentiation, I tried on a bigger one 32A and he jumps too. It is probably a component on the circuit that burned, but I do not know which one. It worked very well on 16A no problem, until I made it fall.

ps: it was running when I dropped it, and the breaker on which the post was plugged jumped, but not the difference
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 17/10/17, 23:05

Even without much knowledge in electricity / electronics, you can open the different hoods to see how it was done in and looking for ... a fuse / re-arm, a disconnected wire or that touches the carcass somewhere / where it is not necessary etc .... I have already repaired x machines with a little common sense and observation.
1 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 17/10/17, 23:35

Hello,
Your model is not known on the DECA website http://www.decaweld.com/fr/chargeurs-de ... 55.uw.aspx

Can you put some photos of the interior?
To add a photo on the forum, you must click on "attachments" under the edit window
0 x
ronchp83
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ronchp83 » 18/10/17, 05:19

20171017_155920.jpg

hi friends, in attachment the photos of the welding station and the circuit, at first glance no component is burnt (visually I say good), no melted or blackened, I looked if there was a fuse but there is no, no wire disconnected or touching the carcass either at the time of opening, if you can tell me how to do checks with a multimeter if it is possible. Thank you guys

20171017_162424.jpg
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 18/10/17, 10:21

either it is a current problem too powerful, or it is a story of leakage to the ground (differential).

if you have a very strong hold somewhere, try it.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/10/17, 10:44

ronchp83 wrote:Hi Christophe, the breaker is 16 A and it's not a differentiation, I tried on a bigger one 32A and he jumps too. It is probably a component on the circuit that burned, but I do not know which one. It worked very well on 16A no problem, until I made it fall.

The table of currents and performances indicates that 30A is necessary so 16A will always jump from a certain welding current (100A mine can not weld bigger than 2.5 mm rods) ....
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 18/10/17, 11:33

Hello,
If there has been a fall, see the heavier components.

There seems to be a crack under the big transformer. The printed circuit tracks are under the green tropicalizing varnish and it may be a multilayer circuit.
We must scratch and check in ohmmeter if no track is cut. Weld wires to bridge the cuts.

If it still jumps, as it is a switching power supply it would take a diagram, there may be a power component that has shorted. Difficult to see the ohmmeter and especially do not make live measurements.

See also http://www.soudeurs.com/forums.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/10/17, 11:56

izentrop wrote:There seems to be a crack under the big transformer. The printed circuit tracks are under the green tropicalizing varnish and it may be a multilayer circuit.
We must scratch and check in ohmmeter if no track is cut. Weld wires to bridge the cuts.

Waaw you have the eye ... I see nothing me! : Cheesy: A winding is quite resistant to shocks I think ... a less electronic circuit (especially if heavy components are on it, as is the case here)

Yes a complete check of the electronics seems to be the essential step but not easy at all (even less if we do not know much about electronics ...) ...

Question: this jumps as soon as you branch or after a while or when you start soldering?
0 x