Drill blocked in pebble layer

Help and advice for all work carried out in self building and presentation of your work DIY or self-build. Because making oneself is often econological but beware overconfidence!
pc80
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Drill blocked in pebble layer

by pc80 » 08/05/20, 12:58

Hello everyone
new on this forum, I saw very interesting things,
so I allow myself to share my drilling project, my 1st drilling in real amateur
I am therefore in the process of drilling on a recreational site.
the water is at 5.50m on an existing borehole, which I wish to place elsewhere on the ground
and also to learn the intricacies of drilling
I went down to 4.50 quite easily with the technique of injecting pressurized water into the pipe.
I am now in a layer of pebble Ø 2 to 4 cm that I can neither pierce nor bring up,
is there a specific form of auger for this,
a tip to reassemble these pebbles
or it is necessary to drill in "pricked" well with a lost point; but I have doubts about the effort to devote to it.
thank you in advance if someone can enlighten me or give me good advice,
cordially
0 x
Flytox

Re: Drilling blocked in pebble layer

by Flytox » 09/05/20, 18:52

pc80 wrote:Hello everyone
new on this forum, I saw very interesting things,
so I allow myself to share my drilling project, my 1st drilling in real amateur
I am therefore in the process of drilling on a recreational site.
the water is at 5.50m on an existing borehole, which I wish to place elsewhere on the ground
and also to learn the intricacies of drilling
I went down to 4.50 quite easily with the technique of injecting pressurized water into the pipe.
I am now in a layer of pebble Ø 2 to 4 cm that I can neither pierce nor bring up,
is there a specific form of auger for this,
a tip to reassemble these pebbles
or it is necessary to drill in "pricked" well with a lost point; but I have doubts about the effort to devote to it.
thank you in advance if someone can enlighten me or give me good advice,
cordially

Welcome pc80
You may be able to ask who did the first drilling, if they encountered the same problem / underground, and how they solved it.
If the layer of pebbles is "punctual", we must be able to "break" it with a crowbar at the end of a rope, by dropping it a meter or two x times ..... (x large : Mrgreen: )
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 09/05/20, 19:07

We still need to agree on the nature of the pebbles. Are they "free" pebbles like on a beach that form a layer, or a compressed pudding marl? Either way, good luck!
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 09/05/20, 19:40

the water or the veins are not all at the same level. You tested with
L-shaped rods before the right place? Ask the neighbors' experience?
At home, it will not help you ... it was alluvial, clay, sand, I had water I dig still not easy to remove the sand and water with a waterproof auger (for Musclor ). At the pebbles that were starting I stopped. In principle under clay and sand, the pebbles prove that the water is there.

I had done everything alone from A to Z, research, goat, manufacture of different hand augers (tool change 60cm after water so another auger inside the pvc tubing. Good it still works pumping since 20 But I spent all the leisure of a summer there.
The water fluctuates between 2 and 3.20m depending on the season. I had dug up to 5.50m now the mud has risen 60 cm, it would be necessary to remove a little more but hey, that's enough for me.

By digging with water pressure and pumping mud, it is on the pebbles, it blocks. There is the suction bell with a large vacuum tank that is released at once, (or rent the service of the septic tank suction truck.
Knowing the physiognomy of the land directly digging a well in nozzles of 80, I would not have asked for more effort, apart from the purchase or manufacture of the nozzles, and there the pebbles it is possible.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 09/05/20, 19:59

I also dug a well 7 m deep, but I used nozzles (homemade!) Of 1 m, because it is difficult to dig in a hole of 0,80 in diameter. It was hard clay on the first half and tender, but sticky :frown: on the other...
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
pc80
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by pc80 » 09/05/20, 20:52

thanks for the answers ,
I bought the land 2 years ago, but people are no longer in the region and very old
there are lots of sources according to a local guy,
digging a little pond, we found one, but with the same layer of pebbles

I think I will try the well dive with a lost point
if it does not go well, I would find a jackhammer an AM to drive the pipes

a guy also advised me a split 80 or 100 pvc pipe to raise the stones,
I will try this too
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 09/05/20, 21:09

Yes, a sugar tongs : Cheesy:

I had bought an "endoscopic" camera (dia: 1cm), with a 5 m wire; in case : Mrgreen:
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 09/05/20, 21:32

pc80 wrote:a guy also advised me a split 80 or 100 pvc pipe to raise the stones,
I will try this too

Ah, so it's a layer of loose pebbles, not pebbles petrified in marl. So yes, the PVC hose (resistant) can come to an end with a sacred suction force to pierce it (the layer) and evacuate the rollers taken inside. In any case, it is not small beer within the reach of average Beijing. But once the hose is in place, the suction of the fleet becomes child's play with the appropriate pump.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)

Back to "DIY and self-construction: building or mount a self-installation"