Manual vegetable shredder

Present your DIY projects, your new technical ideas, your innovations to test or your self-construction work. Because doing it yourself is often more economical and can be more efficient.
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Manual vegetable shredder

by Hasardine » 28/02/19, 21:37

Hello, would someone have already built a manual vegetable grinder?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Manual vegetable shredder

by Ahmed » 28/02/19, 22:27

The term "plants" refers to two very different things: grasses on the one hand and woody plants on the other. For the first, there were very ingenious choppers and still used by some: see here ...

For woody plants, if the principle is almost the same, it is much more complicated because of their much higher mechanical resistance, which means that the muscular energy is not really up to the task ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 01/03/19, 02:55

Otherwise cutter, hammer ... : Mrgreen:
Electric is more efficient and if you search well, you can find it at a good price. : Wink:
1 x
azazouliens37
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by azazouliens37 » 01/03/19, 04:59

izentrop wrote:Otherwise cutter, hammer ... : Mrgreen:
Electric is more efficient and if you search well, you can find it at a good price. : Wink:

Used electric shredder (Le bon coin?) And is there a brand to recommend more particularly?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/03/19, 08:59

Ahmed wrote:For woody plants, if the principle is almost the same, it is much more complicated because of their much higher mechanical resistance, which means that the muscular energy is not really up to the task ...

I fully agree with this remark: the minimum power of branch shredders being 2000W, it would take the muscular strength of a good dozen people ... to hope to obtain the same grinding power ...

ps: glad to see you back here Hasardine 8)
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 01/03/19, 09:31

azazoulians37 wrote:Used electric shredder (Le bon coin?) And is there a brand to recommend more particularly?
No particular brand. Just check the state of wear, I bought a dixit: having served once for less than 80 €
There are 2 models:
- roller which rotates slowly, makes little noise, drives the branches well, has a reverse gear in the event of blockage, does not require maintenance, grinds branches up to 3 cm for the most tender, but makes pieces pretty rude. No problem, the volume is reduced, it's just the degradation time which will be a little longer.

- with knives that need to be sharpened regularly, makes a noise when it grinds, you have to push the branches, still drives the straight branches. Sometimes, when it freezes, you have to disassemble a part. About the same diameter of branch, for the big ones it is sometimes necessary to retain so as not to lead to blocking. The shavings are much thinner.

I have the 2. This knife knife bought at a discount is over 20 years old. The plastic part having ended up breaking, I replaced it with wood with an opening of 4 cm not allowing the hand to reach the knives. As a result, it is no longer approved, but passes the quirky branches much more easily without cutting them.

grindRoller.jpg
broyatRouleau.jpg (472.81 KB) Consulted 29997 times

grindCouteau.jpg
broyatCouteau.jpg (327.05 KB) Viewed 29997 times

boyeurCouteau.jpg
boyeurCouteau.jpg (128.34 KiB) Viewed 29997 times
1 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 01/03/19, 09:50

Hello,

izentrop wrote:- roller which rotates slowly, makes little noise, drives the branches well, has a reverse gear in the event of blockage, does not require maintenance, grinds branches up to 3 cm for the most tender, but makes pieces pretty rude. No problem, the volume is reduced, it's just the degradation time which will be a little longer.

This is the system of the one I use (bosch in this case), quite rough shredded indeed, power of 2 kW to pass branches of 5cm, bearable noise, and easy cleaning thanks to the reversal of rotation.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 01/03/19, 21:20

Slow shredders are interesting, but their defect (common to other small fast shredders) is the need to "peel" the twigs to be able to introduce them into the chute, which is quickly tedious.
The other drawback remains the dimension limited in diameter, which does not allow to evacuate all that is otherwise unusable ...
I remain fairly convinced that a significantly larger size machine, with higher instantaneous consumption, is more efficient in all respects, in particular with regard to its consumption by M3 of branches swallowed.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 01/03/19, 23:14

Yes Ahmed, having a more powerful model in group purchasing is better, of course.
The residual branches are cut at 50 to make small wood to light the fire at my house, no losses.

But OK ! between the manual grinder and that ... there is a world : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/03/19, 14:36

We may have talked too quickly about the possibility of using human force to crush woody trees, I present the K-Tchak (made in France and soon on the market ...):

K-Tchack.jpg
K-Tchack.jpg (80.15 KB) Consulted 29903 times

The K-TCHAK: 100% French ecological manual shredder

Posted by Henry Joël Sion on January 15, 2019

The K-TCHAK, manual grinder for branches, straw and other dry or fresh plants, with feed rollers. It cuts materials up to 30mm diameter. Designed and manufactured in France, it is 100% ecological!

This Shredder of branches and other plants succeeds the good old Chopper of the XIXth century. It is designed to slice plants (straw, grass, hedges, brush, cardboard) up to 30 mm and more depending on the material and its degree of freshness. A knife is lowered and raised at each turn of the crank, driven by a powerful lever arm.

Produce your BRF ecologically

No electric or heat engine drives it! Two feed rollers present the material with a knife. A crank drives a flywheel whose inertia activates the arm of the knife which goes up and down. In co-manufacturing with Fabriculture, we wanted it original and powerful. From design to manufacturing to after-sales service, everything is produced by us in our beautiful country. The machine is neither imported nor tainted with a carbon footprint due to distant origins ...

No fuel or drain oil, no electrical connection: just muscle! The shredder is eagerly awaited by our permaculturist, gardeners and landscaper friends who will be able to slice and grind dry or fresh herbs, straw, coppice, twigs… They will be able to slice green waste up to 30 mm in diameter, or even more , and even adjust the length from 1 to 60 mm!

The machine will produce BRF and what to do precomposting and composting with the plant variants which will be given to it to reduce.

The K-TCHAK, a unique and surprising shredder

Thanks to its 2 wheels, the machine is easily movable. Its tires are robust with puncture-proof rubber. Its steel structure has protections ensuring safety. A little brother without wheels or chassis is already offered for sale: the K-TCHAK to be placed on a table for finer needs such as medicinal plants and perfumes, among others. The material is automatically presented for slicing thanks to the two feed rollers with which the device is also equipped.

The K-TCHAK? What a funny name !

While we were looking for one, a memory of Bali, in Ubud precisely, enlightened us; it was an event organized by Indonesian singer-dancers. A hundred men, shirtless, faced each other, stretching out their arms and waving their hands, they lay on their backs then straightened up front to front, shouting KATCHAK KATCHAK KATCHAK KATCHAK KATCHAK ... until they fell on their backs for that those opposite resumed the sound movement. Very impressive ! And this powerful and "sharp" sound corresponded so much to that produced by the crusher in action, that it was unanimously chosen!

Available for pre-order
Pre-orders are open and give rise to the shipping costs offered for the first 30. The sale on the market is scheduled for spring 2019.

You can immediately pre-order your K-TCHAK by contacting us via our contact form. The final prices will be communicated to you immediately upon request by email or telephone.

https://www.triadegreenworld.com/le-k-t ... -francais/

Do not expect a democratic price ... I think 2 to 3000 € "at first glance" ...
0 x