Amenagement of a van (almost) autonomous

Help and advice for all work carried out in self building and presentation of your work DIY or self-build. Because making oneself is often econological but beware overconfidence!
LennanPermaculture
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Amenagement of a van (almost) autonomous

by LennanPermaculture » 29/10/18, 15:19

Hello everyone,

here are a few days that I rummage the site with great interest, the quality of the discussions is great then, already, thank you!

Here is my project:

I bought a van (Renault Master l2h2), a little less than 5m2 of living space, that I will retype to make my house on wheel. I would like to develop systems to make it as autonomous as possible and here I am right in the water issue.
I'm going to have a shower with a closed circuit in which the water is collected in a tub in the shower and then sent with a pump 12v through three filters (particles and charcoal) to reuse it during the same shower (we can also run the water in a gray water tray if necessary). So with 10-20L water I can take a "long" shower without using more water than I have stored.

Then I would like to make me a system of solar water heater with a small pump since my tank will be lower than the water heater so no thermosyphon possible.

And suddenly I told myself that I could use the inertia of the water to heat my cabin. So that's my question, will I be interested in passing some pipes through my cabin? Pipes that I could also connect to cold water so refresh in summer.
Is it more interesting to store water under the chassis or in the cabin (which poses a problem of space)?
And how will you connect the hot water and cold water to all this so you can still manage the temperature of the water for the shower for example .. And then I need 3 reservoirs (cold water) , hot water and gray water)? ..

I have attached a little diagram that I hope will help to understand my wacky project.

Thank you in advance to all those who would like to reflect with me!
Attachments
Numériser.jpeg
1 x
Christophe

Re: Arrangement of a (almost) autonomous van

by Christophe » 29/10/18, 18:41

Welcome to you :)

Your idea is excellent but be careful I read a few months ago that tunnelled VANs will not go to technical controls soon ... (It may even be already the case!)

A European directive I believe ... (one more aimed at favoring CONsommation ...)

So check before starting your job!

ps: thin I'm disappointed anyway, reading the title, I thought it was self-sufficient fuel also : Mrgreen: (Gender a micro integrated oilseed algae refinery : Cheesy: )
1 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 31/10/18, 14:09

Christophe, it's more complicated than that, everything depends on the equipment installed fixed or removable and the type indicated on gray card.
0 x
Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/10/18, 14:59

Really? Can you explain a little more in detail?

The info I have in mind was just a link that I had seen past I think ... no detail, then.

After that it is certain that if the fitted out Van exceeds the MMA, it will be repressed ... but it is the case of all the vehicles that ... : Cheesy:
0 x